Character
    Kithyen
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

Multiple Crashes and Invisible models

Currently can only stay in the game at most 10 seconds before playonline stops working. Also the only thing I can see of models are the names above their head. All character models are invisible. I've tried different settings both on my pc and in game and have had no luck trying to narrow down what specifically is causing it.

Toshiba Satellite S855-S5369
    Windows 8
    Intel Core I5-3210M 2.5ghz
    6gig ram
    All latest updates.

I know generally both laptops and windows 8 are currently unsupported at this time, but was just shooting this out there to see if anybody else ran into similar issues. I'm going to try and uninstall and delete everything FFXI related from the computer and see if that helps.
    (1)

Character
    Kithyen
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Update.

Details:
    Managed to fix the crashing issue by setting it to administrator privileges and right click running as administrator as well. However I'm still not seeing NPC/PC models. Just a bunch of floating names. I can interact with them I just can't see them. No other graphical issues that I can see in my short time.

Steps:
    Nothing. Just log in. Even at the character select screen I can't see my character.

Date & Time:
    October 28th 2012 5pm est.

Frequency:
    Always

Platform:
    PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Toshiba S855-S5369

Operating System:
    Windows 8

Graphics Card:
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Pentium I5 3210M 2.5Ghz

ISP:
    Comcast

Type of Internet Connection:
    Cable
    (0)

Character
    Kithyen
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    So am I to assumed im hosed with my current setup? Ive done everything from upgrading drivers to downgrading drivers to reinstalling and reupdating everything and I'm still suffering the same issues. And now pol is crashing again to the point where i can't even get past the character select.
    (0)

Character
    Yujen
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I'm having the same issue with invisible characters. I also use Windows 8 on a laptop PC.
    (0)

Character
    Efegue
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 36
    All the character models are invisible for me as well. But I'm using Windows 7.

PC:

Asus
    Windows 7
    i5-2450M processor
    6GB RAM
    INTEL HD Graphics 3000
    (0)

Character
    Caide
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 45
    I'm having the same issue. Steam installation of ultimate edition. Tried numerous setups, running in different compatibility modes, as admin, nothing worked. Any solutions?

Windows 8, HP DV6 with switchable graphics. Tried leshcat driver, didn't work, rolled back didn't work, tried intel 3000 graphics, didn't work.
    (0)

Player
    I had the same problem (invisible character and npc models).

Check this thread - in the buttom - helped me :-) http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...057724623&h=50

"Awesome, thank you very much. This was a very quick solution for those suffering the problem that have an NVidia card and the Intel HD 4000 card. I went to the NVidia graphics settings menu, selected the 3D Manager and found the FFXI (POL) program and set it to use NVidia card instead of the automatically selected Intel HD 4000 card. This leads me to believe that whether due to a driver error or not, the Intel HD 4000 card was the problem. Since my fix was simple, I did not have to roll back any drivers. Thanks again!"
    (1)

Appreciate the thread link Banjomissen, that's the consensus we've been seeing. Indeed there's not too much we're able to support for people running onboard graphics devices, laptops and Windows 8 but we've seen some success with people changing the default graphics device to their Nvidia or ATI card and/or rolling back the Intel HD drivers to a previous version. Hopefully as we move forward they'll be able to get out some newer drivers for these devices running on Windows 8 as we get a few months into the new OS. Thanks again!
    (0)