Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Gistukul
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Chocobo blinkers

Ok, so SE doesn't want people to buy gil; yet every time there is a way to make easy gil they take it away. I would assume they would rather have people be super rich with out supporting the RMTs but no. They apparently want to make it harder for people to resist the allure of RMTs. I personally thought they put the Chocobo blinkers to finally combat the allure of the RMT route. But no it was just another one of their accidents a.k.a. bad programing. Would be lovely if they actually put a measure that ensured RMT wouldn't ever survive again in the game. But it must be like I said many years ago... RMTs are disgruntle GMs that were fired. Or maybe RMT = SE trying to make double money off us on the down low; instead of adding an Item store or something like that. Add something in the game to end RMT. If you're so concerned about the game economy then add a NPC that sells Seals, +2 and Relic items for large amount of gil. Many people will use that NPC I know I would. Instead of wasting hours on end trying to get just the right group to kill a NM that might or might not drop items we need.
    (2)

In case there was still any doubt~!

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deveron View Post
    Ok, so SE doesn't want people to buy gil; yet every time there is a way to make easy gil they take it away. I would assume they would rather have people be super rich with out supporting the RMTs but no. They apparently want to make it harder for people to resist the allure of RMTs. I personally thought they put the Chocobo blinkers to finally combat the allure of the RMT route. But no it was just another one of their accidents a.k.a. bad programing. Would be lovely if they actually put a measure that ensured RMT wouldn't ever survive again in the game. But it must be like I said many years ago... RMTs are disgruntle GMs that were fired. Or maybe RMT = SE trying to make double money off us on the down low; instead of adding an Item store or something like that. Add something in the game to end RMT. If you're so concerned about the game economy then add a NPC that sells Seals, +2 and Relic items for large amount of gil. Many people will use that NPC I know I would. Instead of wasting hours on end trying to get just the right group to kill a NM that might or might not drop items we need.
    At the risk of repeating this a billion times: Chocobo Blinkers were being abused my legitimate players. The problem is economics, and rather than try to explain in a single posting about how "free money" being dumped into an economy is bad, I'll ask you to research it.

In the mean time, look at your own suggestions... more systems that allow players to buy things would increase gil-buying. More event-based drops (read as: VW, Prov Watcher, et al) force actual gameplay. And that's what its about... keeping the flow of currency and items under control.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Gistukul
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    At the risk of repeating this a billion times: Chocobo Blinkers were being abused my legitimate players. The problem is economics, and rather than try to explain in a single posting about how "free money" being dumped into an economy is bad, I'll ask you to research it.

In the mean time, look at your own suggestions... more systems that allow players to buy things would increase gil-buying. More event-based drops (read as: VW, Prov Watcher, et al) force actual gameplay. And that's what its about... keeping the flow of currency and items under control.
    I disagree; people wouldn't buy gil more if blinkers were left in and NPC Item sales were put in. They haven't kept the economy in check since rmt started in 2004~2005. Also some people actually have work ect. And wasting several hours a day just to get a group is not possible. Some people play for the fun; they don't think of FFXI as a "job/career". Why would people buy gil if there was an easy way to make gil? And also a way that keeps the gil in check ect "NPC Item Sales". Don't get me wrong you're entitled to your opinion; but I think they should put more thought into their actions instead of just making snap judgements. Judgements that ruin the gaming experience for causal gamers; that work long hours just to pay the friggin bills. Not everyone can play 40-84+ hours a week; for farming ect. Zone clears take enough time on their own also missions ect. But we have money accumulation and item hunting to worry about as well.
    (2)

In case there was still any doubt~!

Player
    I disagree; people wouldn't buy gil more if blinkers were left in and NPC Item sales were put in. They haven't kept the economy in check since rmt started in 2004~2005. Also some people actually have work ect. And wasting several hours a day just to get a group is not possible. Some people play for the fun; they don't think of FFXI as a "job/career". Why would people buy gil if there was an easy way to make gil? And also a way that keeps the gil in check ect "NPC Item Sales". Don't get me wrong you're entitled to your opinion; but I think they should put more thought into their actions instead of just making snap judgements. Judgements that ruin the gaming experience for causal gamers; that work long hours just to pay the friggin bills. Not everyone can play 40-84+ hours a week; for farming ect. Zone clears take enough time on their own also missions ect. But we have money accumulation and item hunting to worry about as well.
    sorry but I have to agree with this guy; the blinkers were a way off lessening the hold RMT have on a lot of people. also there are other ways to balance currency in game besides taking a money making items out of the game or reducing the price of it.
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolie View Post
    sorry but I have to agree with this guy; the blinkers were a way off lessening the hold RMT have on a lot of people. also there are other ways to balance currency in game besides taking a money making items out of the game or reducing the price of it.
    And it also did more to damage the economy than RMT did. RMT only use existing game mechanics to make gil to redistribute. Blinkers were a way of streamlining gil effortlessly from the ether into the economy. For example, when you kill an NM or do a BC, that's an instance where 1 or 2 items of massive gil value drop. When 16 people earn cruor while 1 person dualboxing kills mobs, thats 18 perpetual gil-machines (players and RMTs) gaining significant gil-value on otherwise useless items (Cruor, and by extension Blinkers).
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Schrute
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    there are screen shots of people capping their gil from chocobo blinkers, it wasn't a harsh and rash action, it was a preventive measure in stopping this exploit.
    (1)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Arguably it's not 'free' money, it's just easier money than most of the alternatives. You're spending time in game earning cruor, you may get other benefits when you're getting that cruor as well, but you're still spending time getting it. You might spend a few hours in an Abyssea exp party or you might be doing something else. Yes, things went up in price, but the economy was actually pretty consistent, for example, the price of Utsusemi: Ni stayed 2million on my server for a long time. To my mind, it worked out as a side benefit of playing game content, which you get in many other MMO's, the gil per kill is much smaller vs currency in other MMO's. I thought of the cruor->gil route as a way of balancing that.

Of course, taking it away is not the end of the world, people survived prior to it and will continue to survive without it. Personally, if they felt it needed nerfing, I would have taken the route of allowing it to still be useful, just not as useful. Though saying that, I earned my cruor from playing game content and levelling and not through farming, so in general I've been on a shorter supply of cruor than others, so it has been more of a comfortable income than winning the jackpot.
    (1)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    And it also did more to damage the economy than RMT did. RMT only use existing game mechanics to make gil to redistribute. Blinkers were a way of streamlining gil effortlessly from the ether into the economy. For example, when you kill an NM or do a BC, that's an instance where 1 or 2 items of massive gil value drop. When 16 people earn cruor while 1 person dualboxing kills mobs, thats 18 perpetual gil-machines (players and RMTs) gaining significant gil-value on otherwise useless items (Cruor, and by extension Blinkers).
    like I said there are ways of controlling the economy besides removing an item that make it easy to obtain gil. several ways were listed by Deveron. but they never consider the alternatives they're always jumping to the quickest easiest fix. besides the fact that they don't take into account that not everyone can play all day just to farm stuff to get gil. Example: if someone has multiple accounts under one credit card, address and/or name. the amount of gil that person can hold should only be the max for one account. so if one account has max gil on one character you can only have that limit on that account and disperse the gil evenly to other accounts that the person owns. and never surpass the limit for one character. every character owned by one person should not be able to hold 99,999,999 gil. Plain and simple. lol
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Nobody claimed to play 40+hr a week here(and many super rich players I know of doesn't play that long either), we're not talking about how much time you spent in the game, and nobody is talking about playing the game like 2nd job....I'm not sure why this is brought up in an economy discussion.

1. Having chocobo blinkers NPC at high price make everyone, including casual gamers, having less money, unless you bot and afk leech cruor.

2. Unless you bot NPC cruor and afk leech cruor with mules, you make less gil/hr with NPC blinker. In fact it is those who plays 40~80hrs a week gets benefit from high NPC price, not those who play 7hr a week.

If you log on 7~10hrs a week, you should use more efficient way to make gil that generates more gil/hr such as ADL/dyna, not NPC cruor, which generates less gil/hr, if you count the time you spent on farming cruor and NPC it repeatly via warp, you just make less gil/hr than other methods such as dyna unless you have mules, afk leech or bot. I make 600~700k/hr in dyna solo with no mule(and plenty of ppl can make more than that), I fail to see I can ever make 600k/700khr with cruor NPC counting the time I make VW pt to farm it(often takes 30min~1hr to make VW ally), go to abyssea and get blinker, warp back and NPC everything with limited inv(no mule here), the time I spent is just more than log on, enter dyna, and farm 600k~700k in 1hr.

I have 1~2hr a day of playtime and don't afk leech/bot, and if I need gil NPC cruor is last thing I'd use to make gil, I'd rather log on, go to dyna, farm 600k~700k in 1hr, instead of log on, spent 30min~1hr to make VW ally, spent another 30 min to kill VWNM x6, then spent next 30 min to NPC my cruor for like, maybe 300k?

Fail to see why ppl who claimed to be casual gamers often complain about blinker NPC price when it's not even a good way to make gil for ppl really get online 1~2hr a day and don't afk leech with mules. If you don't have a lot of playtime, you should use faster way to make gil, not slower way no?
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-03-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Player
    Chocobo Blinker allow people to get gil while contributing no good or service to the economy. People that farm/craft/vw/woe/nm are putting items into the economy and is rewarded back with gil that are already existing in the economy.

Increase the gil supply with and easy money scheme that draw people away from gil making activities that actually contribute good/service back into the economy lead to inflation. Imagine if everyone only does Crour Farming + Blinker for Gil, then we ends up in a situation where everyone have millions upon millions of gil, but as no one is putting any item at all into the market, there is nothing to buy.

Imagine how it would be if a economy get constant and unlimited injection of cash, it's not like we have real life example like in Zimbabwe or anything...
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast