Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arch Dynamis Lord - Disappearing Items.

Platform: All Platforms (Specifically PC)

ISP: ATT

Type of Internet Connection: FiberOptic(U-Verse)

Internet Connection Speed24M)

Date & Time:
    Between 4:30PM CST, and 5:30PM CST

Frequency:
    *Sometimes (HAs happened more than once)

Character Name: Karbuncle

Race: Mithra

World: Asura

Main Job: SMN

Support Job: WHM

Area and Coordinates: Dynamis - Xarcabard. ADL pop Location.

Party or Solo:
    *Alliance - 18 Members.

Monster Name: Arch Dynamis Lord.

Steps:
    1) Pop ADL > Kill.
    2) Get Drops
    3) On Occasion, a Drop randomly Vanishes. In this Instance, a Umbral Marrow, In Another instance, a Archon Ring.

Story:
    Killed ADL, Dropped 2 Things, a Hope, and a Marrow. 1 Player Lotted Marrow, Item Vanished from Pool. No One Obtained Item. No Item is lost message, No Other Lots, Item Simply disappears.

This Happened once before, Got Ring, Cape, and Marrow, Ring Vanished from Pool, No one Lotted, No one Passed, No one anything, No alliance changes whatsoever, Item just no longer existed.

This Has happened to Others as well. We called a GM, Who informed us a Ghost won the lot and the Marrow was sent to the 7th Realm of Torment. At least, This is what I assume he meant when he said "I see the Player Lotting the item, But he did not win the lot", Seeing as how the entire Alliance witnessed the Item Vanish and no other lots were given, I'm having to assume the GM was trying to tell us some Ephemeral Being lotted and Stole the item back to its home realm.

I'm sure there's more than a few people who could vouch for such an issue occuring at their ADL too.

And to Recap, I'm aware of Items being lost, I'm aware if you disband an Alliance the Items will vanish too, However, No Alliance was Disbanded, No Obtained Message was read, No Lost message was Displayed, Not even a single soul disbanded the Party, the item just Vanished, and this is the Second time Its happened.

Its only happened twice in maybe 40 ADLs, The first time no one cared, sh*tty Ring, This time, We lost a Marrow, and were refused help. This is a real and tangible issue, Please look into. Thanks
    (3)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Since I was present at both occasions Karbuncle describes, I can confirm his story. Today, one person lotted the marrow, nobody else lotted, nobody disbanded, no message of "obtained" or "lost" were displayed. People accessed the treasure pool to pass the marrow and it simply wasn't there, it vanished within seconds of dropping.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This sounds awfully suspicious. Tanaka's final revenge, perhaps?
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I wrote down all the randomly capitalized letters in the OP and did not come up with a secret message. I am disappoint.

This has been reported by other players on the community sites in the past, along with people expressing suspicions that duplicating Umbral Marrows may be possible.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I wrote down all the randomly capitalized letters in the OP and did not come up with a secret message. I am disappoint.

This has been reported by other players on the community sites in the past, along with people expressing suspicions that duplicating Umbral Marrows may be possible.
    Its scrambled, and took a long time.

Regardless, in a bad way, I'm happy to see others experience this issue, maybe it'll get resolved.

also words.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Now we know how those moogles get their mog bonanza prizes...

Was there anything specific about the lotter? Like, was he the alliance leader/party leader, did he lot before anyone else had the treasure window open? How fast did he lot after the drop? That might be relevant as well.

Could it be a 3rd party loot management tool that is triggering some glitch or anti-dupe measure on the server? (Not that anyone is going to acknowledge that here, obviously, but if it's a tool that triggers a glitch rarely, it might explain why it only happens so incidentally and only to some people.)
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Well, the server wouldn't have cared about the existence of such tools, as it would still tell the other people in the alliance that "you do not meet the requirements to obtain the Whateveritem", but such a message was never sent by the server, it seems.
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    After this thread was made, I called a GM myself to report the incident. This GM told me straight up that it is indeed a known issue, they have received several reports of this happening, it's being looked into but they don't know what's causing it at the moment.
    (0)
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Hopefully, they'll work out a policy where they'll put another item back into the loot pool if there is evidence of a drop, but no message about the item entering a player's inventory, or the item being lost.
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Hopefully, they'll work out a policy where they'll put another item back into the loot pool if there is evidence of a drop, but no message about the item entering a player's inventory, or the item being lost.

You'd think so, but this GM specifically told me that they cannot reimburse an item that's lost due to a bug.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast