Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    That would first require them officially admitting a mistake.

That would require Media, like the PW Issue.
    (1)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    My LS had the same issue about a month ago, we got a merrow to drop i lotted it. I was asked to drop and another member lotted it, when i rejoined the item was still in pool so i relotted it. When the item dropped it did not show in chat that it dropped and no one else had it show in their logs. It did not fall to anyone. When we made a gm call all they said was sorry this has happened.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    That would first require them officially admitting a mistake.

That would require Media, like the PW Issue.
    well, I don't think anyone's been fighting ADL for 20 (how many was it?) hours straight and starting to get physically ill from it, so I don't see the problem .

A simple "We are looking into the problem and if it occurs to you, please ask a GM to see if he can find definite evidence of the bug having happened. Please understand that this happens due to an undetermined bug, we cannot guarantee that the GM will always be able to find such evidence, and in that case, the item can regrettably not be restored. If you are very worried about losing valuable items, please consider holding on to your pop sets until the issue has been resolved" could have been enough, I think.

It covers their bases in case the GM fails to see a problem in one particular situation, and it makes it sound like they understand our frustration and will try to help when possible.

Alternatively, they could keep a log over reported issues where evidence of the bug has been found, and give the affected players a special items that allows one extra dynamis run in addition to the normal 2 hours per day. It could be an item that the alliance leader would use, and instantly transport the entire alliance in, regardless of any of them still being on "cooldown" from their last run. The item would vanish upon a single use, naturally.

While some players might be slightly annoyed that they wasted the two last hours in there, at least they got a chance to do it again without having to wait. Seems like an all right consolation prize to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-30-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Never seen this, I think the OP should check their third party tool, it seels to be a mix quatermaster and the plugin that autolot/pass the junk. I've killed it around 400 times and you got it to happen twice ?
    (1)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Is that why a GM confirmed that it was a known issue, too?
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can be be a known issue because many people are using windower, also GM are not devs. The description from the OP looks very much like the leader is quickly using QM and passing the item so that he would be getting the drops without.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Never seen this, I think the OP should check their third party tool, it seels to be a mix quatermaster and the plugin that autolot/pass the junk. I've killed it around 400 times and you got it to happen twice ?
    I don't even use Windower, the most 'common' of third party tools. In fact the only time i mentioned it was on a BG Thread so long ago and i 'agreed' to DL it to get people off my a** about it.

So no, Its not a third party tool issue, even if it was a third party issues, Someone lotted on it, For your reasoning to be true, Everyone in the alliance would have needed to 'autopass', the person lotting on it loopholes your accusation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 10-30-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Karby edited his post so now I have to too .
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2