Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Should we also be considering that Embrava still has +25% Haste and +72/tic Regen? Yes, Refresh is pretty pointless on this spell (particularly the relatively meager amount) but it still seems like a nice buff to me.

Also, in terms of duration, 12.5 minutes out of 2 hours means that it's active 10.41% of the time and 3.45 minutes out 30 minutes is means it's active 11.5% of the time.

I mean, this is what we were expecting. We needed them to do something about the complete reliance on it and now it's a decent buff but won't be relied on as much. That's what we wanted, right? I expected the far bigger complaint to concern the improper scaling of events that called for these abilities.

I guess I just don't understand why the complaining about the nerfing of abilities that we knew would be nerfed is so much louder and pervasive then complains about the broken events themselves.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Also, in terms of duration, 12.5 minutes out of 2 hours means that it's active 10.41% of the time and 3.45 minutes out 30 minutes is means it's active 11.5% of the time.
    That means very little considering most events last about 30 minutes, and not two hours. 2x 12.5 minutes is 25min/30min, meaning it's up for 83% of the time, while 2x 3.75 minutes make up only 25% of the time. Considering you can sometimes hold buffs, and the timer stops when going up floors in Nyzul or examining chests, lamps, etc. it means a difference between fulltiming it and barely having it on for a few fights within the entire event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    I guess I just don't understand why the complaining about the nerfing of abilities that we knew would be nerfed is so much louder and pervasive then complains about the broken events themselves.
    There was a lot of complaining in that regard as well. Everyone hoped they'd adjust content to reflect those changes, but they didn't. And if they don't adjust the content (no, the HP-10% doesn't count), it's understandable to complain that they take away the means to complete it.
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    The broken events are of concern as well, however we have attempted to tell them of the problems since day 1, and have had no effect, so to me at least it seems kinda pointless. If SE cant see how mobs hitting players for 1/3rd or more of their HP is a problem, I have little I can do to show them how.

Now, to address your statement about Embrava's effects/duration. The problem isn't that they nerfed it, its that they nerfed it so much its effect has been somewhat lost. Before it was a long lasting super buff that beat everything else basically. Nerfing Haste & removing Regain was 1 side to nerfing it, reducing its duration by so much was another way to nerf it, but they chose secret option 3 which was to do both at the same time. Now, you are right that the effects for duration mean in compare to the recast we have a better duration, however you are factoring in merits, and seeing how we have no idea how those will work as of yet, I think its unfair to assume their effects based off merits, and rather we should base them off of their original 1 hour recasts, which would place this as lackluster by far.

Imo, they should have chosen 1 of the 2 paths for nerfing it, either reduce Haste/Remove regain & put Refresh, or they should have nerfed its duration, doing both was overkill.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't get the complaints of PD. Compare it to Invincible. Even with the new reduction, which would you rather have?

And no smartasses saying nobody would rather have smn or pld.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    The broken events are of concern as well, however we have attempted to tell them of the problems since day 1, and have had no effect, so to me at least it seems kinda pointless. If SE cant see how mobs hitting players for 1/3rd or more of their HP is a problem, I have little I can do to show them how.
    if only it was 1/3 of ther HP, that would be the case if you would be hit on your PDT gear in Legion ._., otherwise you are maybe looking at 1/2 of your HP going down ._.
    (0)

Player
    Overnerfed duration, should have lowered regain potency vice changing it to refresh, you have castrated this spell.
    (4)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    I don't get the complaints of PD. Compare it to Invincible. Even with the new reduction, which would you rather have?

And no smartasses saying nobody would rather have smn or pld.
    PD is still very great on its own right. The problem is, that it doesn't scale with the events that are currently out. I would have no issue whatsoever with these nerfs if they also nerfed the content accordingly. But 10% less HP in Legion and Odin v2 is not gonna cut it. The decrease in buffs is significantly higher than the decrease in difficulty, for content that was already too hard for a majority of the playerbase.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    The replacement of Regain with Refresh is just plain silly. It's not "adjusting" embrava, it's curbstomping it.
    (9)

Character
    Greffex
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    PD is still very great on its own right. The problem is, that it doesn't scale with the events that are currently out. I would have no issue whatsoever with these nerfs if they also nerfed the content accordingly. But 10% less HP in Legion and Odin v2 is not gonna cut it. The decrease in buffs is significantly higher than the decrease in difficulty, for content that was already too hard for a majority of the playerbase.
    You say that like it is a bad thing, the gimps should know there place and not think all events are going to be like abyssea and hand gear out to them left and right, let them man up more importantly gear up and earn it.
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGotti View Post
    You say that like it is a bad thing, the gimps should know there place and not think all events are going to be like abyssea and hand gear out to them left and right, let them man up more importantly gear up and earn it.
    Failtroll is fail. Using PD isn't for gimps... its for groups that actually want to WIN in Legion or ADL.
    (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast