Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Breakga, see my 3 man video. It actually breaked the second monk for a good 10 sec before the smn had MP back. With the upcoming VU everyone will have to risk it though, i'll be using the strat in the vid. The difference is that the initial stun lock will force him to split exactly at 60%, meaning yo have to deal more damage on the second clone.

Sure 3 manning it Breakga is an issue. But normally WHMs are out of range of breakga, so its never an issue. PDing at 70% has cost us twice from ADL sleeping Alexander, but that was an easy fix. (magic mode ADL)

The bigger shells are killing both clones at the same time, with and without PD. I've done it that way (6 DDs) but we typically don't have that kind of man power.

Saeval - try harder, play better. Every ADL wipe we've had has been player/strategy error. How often do you wipe? Probably close to never, which means all ADLs BS can be handled with the correct approach.
    (2)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    You can't stun it, it goes off instantly the moment they reappear. We're talking about the split that happens at 40~60% so it doesn't have access to Implosion / Slash yet.
    Tera slash is unlocked at 39%. If you kill too fast and he splits below 40%, it becomes a triple split and can triple tera slash. I believe implosion is unocked at 19% the same way and can quadruple split then.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    Tera slash is unlocked at 39%. If you kill too fast and he splits below 40%, it becomes a triple split and can triple tera slash. I believe implosion is unocked at 19% the same way and can quadruple split then.
    That's kinda what I said. You don't even want to bring it under 45% HP before it splits, we've actually had to have people turn around for a few seconds before cause of how fast we were killing it.

As to taint's attempt at trolling. How can we have a near perfect win rate and "learn to play better"? The only times we've ever lost were due to the second clone splitting and / or implosion.

How is ADL getting a spell off to begin with? We SL it the moment it appears. SL can have the same duration as squall but is less accurate, the BLU needs to actually be good with a set for it. You then beat it down, it'll get one move off right after stun wears but before we can reapply. Then Split -> double smash (goodbye if you don't have PD on) -> engage clone, stun clone, kill cone (it'll get one move off right as stun wears). By the time you move to the 2nd clone you've already sustained approx four TP moves, two of which are going to be smash.

I've had wins where nobody died, I've had wins where half the alliance was dead including two SMN's. All PD does is ensure your DD party survives and is unaffected by most moves so it can continue pouring out damage no matter what happens.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    The only times we've ever lost were due to the second clone splitting and / or implosion.

Thank you for proving my point.

People have near flawless win rates on a mob you says has an FU button and is so tricky. You have a near flawless win history and still post walls of text on all the ways he is cheap. My exact point is with a good strat you can eliminate almost all chances of losing. Obviously you know that with your near flawless win history.

Like I said 2-3 pages ago, the only FU button is when the 2nd clone splits under 10%. Everything else can be contained.

And WTF with the BLU, what a waste of an alliance spot. He should be on SMN,COR or DD, maybe ADL wouldn't be as scary then.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

People have near flawless win rates on a mob you says has an FU button and is so tricky. You have a near flawless win history and still post walls of text on all the ways he is cheap. My exact point is with a good strat you can eliminate almost all chances of losing. Obviously you know that with your near flawless win history.

Like I said 2-3 pages ago, the only FU button is when the 2nd clone splits under 10%. Everything else can be contained.

And WTF with the BLU, what a waste of an alliance spot. He should be on SMN,COR or DD, maybe ADL wouldn't be as scary then.
    That's with PD, without PD your loss chance goes up quite a bit. Namely on the 2nd clone. Maybe you like gambling with a 15m popset for "Linkshell Pride" but I don't. 50% of the time you will get the 2nd clone, and without PD your going to lose unless you get lucky.

As for the BLU, we found stun spam to be absolutely amazing on the 2nd clone. I've already said it, though I fear you don't even read my posts, that the BLU is an insurance policy on the 2nd clone. The non-DD party isn't protected with PD, thus by the time you engage the 2nd clone (or shortly thereafter) there is a good chance their dead or stuck with shitty status ailments. The BLU ensures that no matter what we can stun lock it at low HP. Basically it increases our overall win rate. We already have plenty of DD, so much that we hold WS's during the first portion to prevent bringing it under 45%, adding more doesn't help any. The people coming BLU don't have SMN much less a properly geared / skilled SMN. We typically have two "real" SMN's with two others that are either dualbox or abyssea / barely leveled. More isn't going to do anything but give us another PD.

Plus SL is the exact same stun as squall, just lower magic accuracy. Great for saving your squalls to be used during the dangerous phases. Of course you probably didn't know that.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm not a fan of stun locking even with PD on because ADL's AI tells him to split at 60%. If stunned it automatically splits, if not, you have a near 100% chance to bring it under 50% by synching 2 ws (no more), which make the kill safer in case the first clone is wrong (big tip for off forums readers lol, ty pchan!).
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not a fan of stun locking even with PD on because ADL's AI tells him to split at 60%. If stunned it automatically splits, if not, you have a near 100% chance to bring it under 50% by synching 2 ws (no more), which make the kill safer in case the first clone is wrong (big tip for off forums readers lol, ty pchan!).
    Typically when people talk about stunlocking ADL, they're talking about post-split and sub20%. Stunning him on spawn isn't really a necessity and there are seldom any gains (especially if you're using PD).
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Nope the discussion is about stun locking ADl without PD vs using PD.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Nope the discussion is about stun locking ADl without PD vs using PD.

You still don't stun the first 40-60%. (we do throw a stun when putting PD up at 70% however but its from a DRK) He is a tame beast until the split as we all know.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You do because otherwise it rapes you.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator