Gear for high eva mobs

Could you guys look over my gear set and see if I'm missing something please? I'm hoping that there's a solution to arch omega/ultima fights whereby I can still 5-hit without needing acc food.

TP Gear:

main "Patientia Lance"
    sub "Rose Strap"
    feet "Ace's Leggings";
    waist "Goading Belt";
    back "Atheling Mantle";
    ammo "Hagneia Stone";
    ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    head "Zelus Tiara";
    ear2 "Aesir Ear Pendant";
    body "Murzim Corazza";
    legs "Perle Brayettes";
    hands "Brego Gloves";
    ring2 "Tyrant's Ring";
    neck "Houyi's Gorget";

51 stp, but only 21 acc and 20 dex.

Stardiver gear:

feet "Hct. Leggings";
    neck "Light Gorget";
    head "Drachenhorn";
    hands "Lncr. Vmbrc. +2";
    ring2 "Vulcan's Ring";
    ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    ammo "Thew Bomblet";
    body "Lncr. Plackart +1";
    ear2 "Aesir Ear Pendant";
    waist "Light Belt";
    back "Atheling Mantle";
    legs "Lancer's Cuissots +2";

20 acc, 38 DEX.

Also, with regards to Jump; If I equip gear for jump without a /wait before the JA will I get the right effect, or do I need to swap gear, /wait1 then jump?
    (0)

I personally do not use a wait after gear change before JAs, and I can't remember them failing because of that.
    (0)

Player
    main "Patientia Lance"
    sub "Rose Strap"
    feet AF3 Feet
    waist "Goading Belt";
    back "Atheling Mantle";
    ammo "Hagneia Stone";
    ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    head Phorcys or AF3
    ear2 Ghilie Earring
    body AF3
    legs Phorcys or Bestia Breeches with +4% aug or ace's hose
    hands "Brego Gloves";
    ring2 "Tyrant's Ring";
    neck rancor collar

Do not use Murzim, AF3 destroys it with STP/Acc/Att/Dex/STR completely
    . The other pieces will balance out your haste and store tp to maintain your 5 hit though you ought to try and get the OAT lance as it's the best magian lance and destroys all AH lances. Only better lances are mythic,relic,99emp or Herja fork(and sometimes STR magian)
    (0)

Phorcys would be the solution, but assuming I can't get it:

feet "Ace's Leggings" >>> AF3 Feet: Haste +2% sTP-5 acc +16
    head "Zelus Tiara" >>> AF3: Haste -2%, Acc + ~6
    ear2 "Aesir Ear Pendant" >>> Ghilie Earring +1: acc +3
    body "Murzim Corazza" >>> AF3: Haste -4% sTP +4 acc +~21
    legs "Perle Brayettes" >>> Bestia Breeches with +4% aug: Haste +2% acc -~8 or ace's hose: Haste +2% acc -~22.5
    neck "Houyi's Gorget" >>> Rancor Collar: sTP-3

Totals:
    sTP-4
    Haste -2%
    Acc +38 or ~23.5

I'd probably leave Houyi's in and see if need the extra 1 sTP still after WS hits. As for AF3 pieces, I'm 2/6 for head +2, 6/9 for body +2, and need 5 seals for feet +2. Probably better off leaving zelus on for now to cap haste when I swap out the other pieces.
    Must try and get hold of Phorcy's before they nerf Embrava. At 9mil now, hopefully I can pay a group^^

Edit: I'm actually hoping to upgrade Homam to Enif Cosciales for legs soon, so that should be an even better option for legs I think (apart from Phorcy's)? And with 5% haste, I can equip AF3 head and still be at 25% haste. Not fully capped, but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    you ought to try and get the OAT lance as it's the best magian lance and destroys all AH lances. Only better lances are mythic,relic,99emp or Herja fork(and sometimes STR magian)
    I had a feeling this was coming, and I was looking into OAT. Herja's is nice but I haven't even done Odin 1 yet let alone Odin 2 ><
    Emp I wouldn't make past 90, so not really worth it.
    Mythic I'd love, and if alex price drops after salvage 2 I might put some effort into this.
    Relic idk.

How are the NMs for OAT for soloability? Main jobs I have for soloing are THF BLU DRG/mage SMN (BLM?), but I could gear nin or dnc if needed, I suppose.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 10-28-2012 at 12:38 AM.

The corse dies very fast if handled correctly. While it absorbs damage when it's meleeing, it takes an enormous amount of damage while casting/TPmoving. Bst pet tanking it while turning and waiting for it to cast and then WS is an easy way to dispose of it.

You can kill it with magic while it's meleeing, but physical blue magic doesn't work. I killed it with a blm while i was on whm once, just letting the blm take the hits while nuking it down.

As for the quturb, I haven't fought it more than once, but it's no big deal. It might have hurt a lot at 80-90 cap, but now it just can't really do a lot. damage increases tremendously in certain stances, but the attack speed isn't high, and shadows will take care of it. You might want someone else with you for backup, or just do it on a pet job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-27-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Player
    I just bought the Corse/Qutrub items. You can/should team up with a BLU and BLU burn the killshot trials for Puks in Vunkerl. The most annoying mob is Blobdinag, he was still hard/annoying at 90 but at 99 you could probably duo/trio.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I just bought the Corse/Qutrub items. You can/should team up with a BLU and BLU burn the killshot trials for Puks in Vunkerl. The most annoying mob is Blobdinag, he was still hard/annoying at 90 but at 99 you could probably duo/trio.
    Is this just due to the adds? I read that since they track/agro by scent you can just stand in a puddle and they won't agro.
    (0)

Player
    ^I tried this and it didn't work. It probably can/does work but it didn't for me and also that would only apply for Pashhow and not Gustaberg so have fun waiting for repops and only doing it in those two zones instead of all 4. When I did it we popped it in a puddle, during rain and the adds never deaggroed. Strat might be different at 99 than it was at 90. At 90 we went NIN/DNC, WHM, RDM/BLU, THF, BLM. NIN would tank and save TP for waltzes and rarely WS. The RDM would gear for PDT/Defense, use cocoon/full buffs and would diaga the adds off the NIN everytime they spawn and the BLM would try to kill em one by one with the THF. People said the BLM could burn all the adds in one or two aja spells but that wasn't the case at 90, BLM would waste most of their MP on the first few waves of adds and if the NIN was doing too much damage the BLM might run out of MP completely. The RDM/BLU needs to keep up Phalanx and Cocoon and remember to bring echos for ensilence. I tried it with an Ochain PLD at 90 and they got rocked, the NIN can put out good DoT and kills the thing pretty fast.
    (0)