Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

30/30 Merits & Capped XP what now SE ?

Hiya Question does anyone besides me think its time for another Merit Upgrade ?

maybe break the 8/8 combat cap ?
    or allow additional 8 merits in there ?

a 8/8 magic break cap would help all the smn to reach the 600 SMN cap for PD btw!

or maybe another 12 merit cap for Attribute or a enhancement to 15 or 20 or more ?

and no i'm not crazy just asking for stuff
    (14)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    incomming new "special abilities" (previously known as 2 hours) that will be meritable
    (3)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    incomming new "special abilities" (previously known as 2 hours) that will be meritable
    ah right didn was thinking about the meritable 2hour anymore
    anyways i guess after the last nerf many people ar pissed and the should give us something to do right ?
    (3)

Yes, that's cool, but we should still be able to put even more merits into existing categories. combat skill cap should be increased to 10 or 12 per skill, and the combo limit should be increased so that we can max out 3 more combat skills. Same for magic, except maybe just enough to cap 2 more magic skills, as there are fewer magic skills in total than combat skills.

It's also time to let us merit attributes to 15 or 16, and give us a high enough combo limit to max out a third base stat too.

Also guys, wouldn't it be neat if we could merit elemental resistances? 3-6-9-12-15-15-20-20-25-30 merits for each elemental resistance attribute, each merit giving us 2 or 3 resistance to the element, and we could max out something like 3 of the elements.
    (11)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Also guys, wouldn't it be neat if we could merit elemental resistances? 3-6-9-12-15-15-20-20-25-30 merits for each elemental resistance attribute, each merit giving us 2 or 3 resistance to the element, and we could max out something like 3 of the elements.
    A BIG GALKAsize YES TO THIS ! you rock Fazira nice idea
    (4)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    While I approve of your suggestion, this would be even better.
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    They wont uncap us though, uncapping us would make us "unbalanced" & "overpowered" unlike the mobs that are apparently perfectly fine hitting for thousands of damage, using debuffs that basically restrict all forms of retaliation, and can remove every buff from anyone in range.
    (10)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    While I approve of your suggestion, this would be even better.
    of course this is exactly what i would like to have but hey its SE! the only give us small potions of fun
    (2)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    No matter what the merit point cap is, youll eventually reach it and then ask 'now what'. While additions and ajustments can be good as things change, they also cant up it every time someones capped.
    (1)

Eventually, everyone will be, yes. While it might not be a problem that a few are capped, it kind of is if half the player base is.

The real problem is that except a very small selection of merits, all merits were made for a game where 30-40k/h was the most awesome exp anyone could ever hope to get, and most would rarely be seeing more 25-30. In this game, the current merit caps were hard to reach for almost everyone. In the current game, the merit caps, including the few that were increased, they are extremely easy to cap for almost anyone.

According to my ffxiah profile, I have spent 1646 merit points and am capped for all my currently leveled jobs and not job specific merits. It was no difficult task, as I am sure most people would agree with me on. However, if I still had 8000 merit points I could spend, on merits with increasingly diminishing returns, I might very well eventually reach the point where I do not find it worthwhile to go out of my way to keep getting merits, and simply let the last merits slowly but surely build up from doing other stuff.

This way, exp gained will never be worthless, as you would almost always have something to use it on

For example, if we got to a point where we could unlock a third and fourth base stat to merit, in addition to the two we have (probably) already maxed, but these two additional base stats started at 30 merit points for a single upgrade, that would be 720 merit points (7.2 million exp) just to boost two more attributes to +12. Do the same with combat stats, allow us to level 4 more combat skills to 8, but require 30 merits for each single upgrade, and that's another 9.6 million exp to cap out those. Do the same for two magic skills, 4.8 M EXP.

In total, this is 21.6 million exp to cap out, and I haven't even started on job specific merits. While some people would grind their tits off to max these out as fast as they could, I am pretty sure that there would be a significant amount of people who would not. These merit additions are not very hard to implement, as few (maybe even none) of them would make an big impact on how strong one job is compared to another, and would mostly let us perform better on several different jobs, not make one job even stronger.

While we were busy with these merits, the dev team would have time to plan the merits that would actually require some balancing and substantial amount of testing, and that would of course be group three (maybe even four) job specific merits, where we would see perhaps as much as 30 merit points to buy the first level, and 50 or more merits to buy the highest level. Going by an average cost of 40 merits per upgrade, and being able to max 2 merits per group, that would be 160 million exp to max out all 20 jobs.

At 300k exp per hour, that's 533 hours of nothing but merit grinding! Now that is a lot, but remember that if you are just a casual player and really just want to focus on a couple of jobs, and have the rest of your jobs stay "all right for non-hardcore purpose", you would only need 26.6 hours of meriting to max out one single job.
    (8)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-26-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast