Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    On another note, I wonder a little bit about the ranking system.

Does it always give a ring to the 20 first that are listed, regardless of their position? I'm referring to how there may be shared positions, like two with the same amount of points are first, and the next rank is third, and the twentieth is 18.

If the ranks were really shared, the third one should have been second, and that twentieth should have been seventh. I would have been fifteenth this time around, but because there were so many sharing the same amount of points, I was pushed down to 32th, with 284 points (first place was 238; I certainly don't understand how people can always find better than I do, like above, I, too, tend to use quite a bit of time into this sometimes (actually not that much this time around, but I digress!)).

Of course it would be horrible if so many more than 20 could actually get the ring! Oh the horror, right? I don't feel it's fair to handle it this way, if I indeed understand it correct-like. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

What does the duck ring do guys? What is "fishy intuition?"
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Olor,

As far as I can tell, mentioned once upon a time here, it increases the likelihood of receiving them golden opportunities (that is, the yellow, gold-like arrows during fishing).

(Can't say that is all there is to it, but it's certainly the only thing I came up with/noticed.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 05-01-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: DuckDuckGo Once More Again

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    On another note, I wonder a little bit about the ranking system.

Does it always give a ring to the 20 first that are listed, regardless of their position? I'm referring to how there may be shared positions, like two with the same amount of points are first, and the next rank is third, and the twentieth is 18.

If the ranks were really shared, the third one should have been second, and that twentieth should have been seventh. I would have been fifteenth this time around, but because there were so many sharing the same amount of points, I was pushed down to 32th, with 284 points (first place was 238; I certainly don't understand how people can always find better than I do, like above, I, too, tend to use quite a bit of time into this sometimes (actually not that much this time around, but I digress!)).

Of course it would be horrible if so many more than 20 could actually get the ring! Oh the horror, right? I don't feel it's fair to handle it this way, if I indeed understand it correct-like. ^^;
    I believe it is anyone of 20th rank or lower. Which normally would be the top 20 on the list unless there is a big enough tie at the end. Think of it this way... 2 people tieing at the top are counted the same (after all can't count someone who did just as good as better/worse) but they both did better than the next guy so he is 3rd because 2 people did better than him... or another way of thinking of it to get inched out of a ring 20 people have to actually do better than you. So if 19 did better and 1432980235343 tied with you rings for everyone!!! Of course it has been a really long time since I managed to barely eek in a win with a lucky tie at the end so they may have changed it some since then but based on your report it doesn't sound like it
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Something just odd I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by esmrambo View Post
    Is there really a double skill up for fishing? In my experience there is no skillup in fishing!!!
    I believe this was already answered but the rings are one way; yup, anywho, I find the new fishing system even more less interesting to do then before the changes now.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Even with rings and good guides skill ups are abysmal, we really need a higher rate on fishing and other crafts.
    (2)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If they made it 2k fish a day I could probably get 0-100 within a week
    Without trying to sound overly dramatic, thats bullshit and you know it. Even if you fished 24hrs a day for 7 days the skill up rate on fishing wouldn't get you anywhere close to 100.
    (3)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Loving the changes! Do we still get daily fatigue though? Would love it if that was eliminated and replaced with location fatigue instead.

Edit: And an increased rate in fishing skill gains wouldn't go amiss either. Still waiting to get 0.1 after catching 30 fish.
    (2)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 07-04-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Loving the changes! Do we still get daily fatigue though?
    Yes, this part remained unchanged (for now), but I do think I'm liking them changes still as well!

Edit: And an increased rate in fishing skill gains wouldn't go amiss either. Still waiting to get 0.1 after catching 30 fish.
    Try >130 fish without 0.1. ^^;

Then again, I'm at level 105, so I don't mind too much any longer. I still agree that the lower levels should be more interesting, and seeing skillupses (I feel) would do just that.

Just the other night, I got a 0.1 on a matsya and it wasn't even my birthday! :O

(That was with a total of 48 reeling in-attempts... oh, wait, -1 from that which was divided by zarrro! I wish that bug was squashed sometime soon...)

With regards to drill malacaries and pwurf dagils, it would be cool if they had them for 10 points each in the log-in campaign. For 100 points each, you get only a bit over 40 with full points spent on them, from which possibly around 50 to >80% will be lost to monsters, the cobalt jellyfish, and/or line-snaps at my skill level.

That said, I do prefer the intended routes for them, but they do eat lots of time, which isn't as much preferred...
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well blow me, turned out I wasn't getting any skill because I was capped on that fish, haha!

Poor skill rate still in effect though, and yes the fatigue is still there as I couldn't fish any further after hitting 200 fish. Rather upset this is still in the game as when there's nothing else to do or I want to just relax or gather fish for crafting that I'm being told "no we're not letting you relax and get any fish!" Putting a daily fish limit in the game isn't going to stop the botters, it never has and it never will. I noticed there isn't any daily fishing restrictions in FFXIV but there is a location/game time fatigue *hint hint*. But yes, please get rid of the daily fatigue and reintroduce location fatigue, maybe even give us a game time fatigue to only be able to catch so much fish per vana day instead of per JP day, and please greatly increase the skill gain rate because it's miserably low and probably is what is making even legit players consider botting.
    (1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 07-04-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast