Character
    Ascadia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Availability of Heavy Metal Plates

As Voidwatch has gradually lost popularity, heavy metal plates have become increasingly difficult to acquire. There aren't any inherent issues with currency being tied to one event, but considering the movement toward low-man and solo content, I think an additional means of acquiring plates would be beneficial. Even in comparison to other materials required for creating relic/mythic weapons, HMPs' means of acquisition are exceedingly restrictive and reliant on alliance content. For example:

Dynamis Currency:

Enter Dynamis once per day (no fee or other restrictions) and farm until you time out. It is extremely easy to accumulate ~200 currency per run minimum.

Alexandrite:

Enter Salvage once per day (fee of 500 Imperial Standing, which is easily acquired through any number of methods) and farm until you time out. Again, ~100 alexandrite per run is a very obtainable goal.

Heavy Metal Plates:

Join a Voidwatch shout/group IF there happens to be one forming (or you wish to form one yourself) IF you have voidstones. You then have a chance of receiving either one plate or a pouch of plates per pop depending on the NM at ~30% and ~6% drop rates, respectively. This is the best case scenario.

However, if you have run out, you have to trade voiddust for voidstones. At this point, another currency (allied notes, conquest points, etc.) must be farmed and exchanged for voiddust, which then must be exchanged for voidstones. After that, the above process is undertaken... for a chance at either a plate or a pouch.

Suggestions:

Add Heavy Metal Pouches to High-Tier Notorious Monsters within Abyssea (79 perfect pouches of 19 plates each are required to meet the 1500 plate requirement); add single plates to low-tier Notorious Monsters within Abyssea. Not guranteed drops, of course. What little appeal Voidwatch has remaining could be maintained by adding pouches as possible drops to all NMs, were the Abyssea route to be taken.

I apologize for the lengthy post. It's just been bothering me for a while now that making a relic or even a mythic weapon is cheaper and more time-efficient than buying or farming one stage of an empyrean weapon, given current prices. Alexandrite is plentiful and can be acquired solo. Ancient currency is plentiful and can be acquired solo. Plates are scarce and cannot be acquired solo except under very specific circumstances. This is something that I would like to see addressed if possible. Thank you.
    (5)
    Last edited by Ascadia; 08-09-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There's been tons of these suggestions and nothing has been added thus far, I don't think they're going to change anything.
    (0)

Player
    TBH Voidwatch has seen a revitalization due more to all the merit usage and the Reforge Armor crafting drops. Yes abyssea exp is better overall, but, to just grind out merits, Voidwatch is often better since aby exp takes a while to get rolling.

This would be neat, it would revitalize abyssea which is utterly dead with the exception of worm parties for people filling merits or levelling new jobs.

Also the current plate requirements are ridiculous the way things are, because even though voidwatch is done a bit, it's not all thaaaat much, it will be done even less when reforge items aren't the new hotness, and the plate supply is still pretty miserable now.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 07-30-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Character
    Ascadia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Agreed. I'm not promoting my suggestion as the only solution by any means, but there needs to be some sort of change somewhere. I feel that plates are currently much more difficult to obtain than was originally intended - particularly since the game has begun to move away from alliance content. Are there currently any plans in the works to adjust or add methods with which they can be obtained?
    (3)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Adding them to certain abyssea monsters would be nice in practice but most of them already serve a purpose at the tier III abyssea stage so it would never happen.

If there was another way of obtaining them a lot of care would have to be put into it to keep prices steady, maybe not excess of 100k but the price of a Metal Plate should not did below 100k, and
    @100k per plate would make them the cheapest out of rml's. I see potential for VW to expand further in the future but Selindrile is 100% correct regarding a voidwatch re-vetalisation, you fight NM's, gain enough exp for a couple of KI's, earn gil aswell (the 3 things people need atm). People are also sick to death of worm party's for their exp grind, the camp isn't even good, half the time now after the initial hour you end up with more keyers then fighters - you'll see other camps popping up again soon, we already are on Sylph. VW can be expanded further and I feel that is how they will deal with it.
    (0)

I'd like to see upgrades for voidwatch gear. Make the upgrade materials drop from voidwatch. All pulse weapons/equips and all the main sets should get upgrades. Then people would do more voidwatch.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    or increase the drop rates of HMP/Pouches from VW monsters, and add them to the ones people can low man.
    Hell even maybe guarantee 1~2 HMP from the higher tier VWs with a chance at a pouch instead of the guarantee.
    Voidstones are easy to come by sense you can use IS/CP/AN to obtain extra, but also another KI that quickens the content would be a great boost as well.
    (0)

Yeah I think it would make sense to at least add singles to the final city bosses, and to all the jueno path NMs before Akvan and co. While all above that should have a shot at pouches. That would help a lot. It would also make it easier for people to obtain their JSE... cause stuff is really dying down right now
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html