Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Trepan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Seriously... SE really need to increase the skill up fishing rate. It becomes a true torture for every human mind after level 85, even with the pelican ring that is already sensed to increase the skill up rate.

I don't want to use bots, so i fish by myself in front of my screen and listening musics. But damn... sometimes i fell so sick.

- Hi bro, what are you doing ?
    - I'm fishing some fish in a video game.
    - Ah... and its fun ?
    Well... No. Not really.

- ... Ah ok.

Please increase the rate, for the good of humanity !
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Sure, the bots are annoying, and it's so common for the same reasons most(?) of the players use them other “helpers”. However, I feel that is a discussion which does not belong here. In fact, all they should do, in my opinion, is check on them more manually. Automagical systems are not good, and features to restrict RMT activity pretty much hurt the actual players only, just as they have done in the past, and just like they do in every game I know of.

Of course, manually checking on people costs money, which they apparently don't have (even though I feel like we're paying 50-70% more than I should be... but I digress!).

Anyblue, I wonder if anything could be done with a pet-peeve of mine.

While waiting for a bite, if one clicks the game screen with either left or right mouse button, the effect is the same as when hitting the confirm key. (You didn't catch anything.)
    I never really understood this, since the mouse buttons can not be used for reeling in the fish when one has caught the hook. There's absolutely no use for them here, since they don't actually do what they normally do (confirm/cancel).

I can't remember if it was always that way. It wouldn't be the first time there was something odd (unintended) going on with the mouse-related controls (or the cursor).

Yes, I sometimes do utilise the mouse for this game! The reason as to why it's a pet-peeve however, is that occasionally, I tend to forget that the mouse-clicks do what they do, and I use them to activate the game-window, catching nothing as a result. I try to remember to middle-click instead, or alt+tab, but it still happens every now and then.

It's after all the only way I can be fishing, doing it while I'm actually doing something else. I'm either watching videos, playing other game(s), programming, forum-going, editing a wikki or a few, all kinds of stuff so the FFXI window isn't the one raised on-top all the time. Fishing truly is a side-activity, and I like it as such, yet I feel it takes too much time and effort for the payback it offers.

On another peeve, a fresh new one: is it really necessary for us to lose the enchantment effect of a Pelican Ring when disconnected for example? Really? (Yeah, I'm having some evil connection troubles recently, and have lost several charges to it already...)

Just some more thoughts.
    Rambling not intended.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just an Idea for Lures in Fishing with Multiple Lures on Hand!

I was just wondering if they came up with some type of items called the Fishing Lure Rack in which it holds multiple lures into one slot with the rack? It might do something like hold many shrimp lures into one slot in turn making them unstackable lures now stack-able for lures such as the one Just mentioned including minnows, shrinking minnows, and all those type of grappling hook lures into one of your inventory slots.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trepan View Post
    Seriously... SE really need to increase the skill up fishing rate. It becomes a true torture for every human mind after level 85, even with the pelican ring that is already sensed to increase the skill up rate.

I don't want to use bots, so i fish by myself in front of my screen and listening musics. But damn... sometimes i fell so sick.

- Hi bro, what are you doing ?
    - I'm fishing some fish in a video game.
    - Ah... and its fun ?
    Well... No. Not really.

- ... Ah ok.

Please increase the rate, for the good of humanity !
    Seconded, other crafts are far less monotonous as fishing is, and it's rare to even see a skill up and when you do it's usually a measly .1.

With other crafts even if you break a synthesis you can potentially get a skill up, in fishing you can only get a skill up if you catch something, and sometimes you can go a few casts with the "Did not catch anything" message. So this makes skilling up take even longer than any other craft.

Please SE, increase the skill up rate for fishing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Calatilla; 03-20-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    With other crafts even if you break a synthesis you can potentially get a skill up, in fishing you can only get a skill up if you catch something, and sometimes you can go a few casts with the "Did not catch anything" message.
    Hmmm. By “only get a skill up if you catch something”, are you referring to actually reeling them in? I'm thinking yes, since you later mention the “did not catch anything”.

If so, well to that, I can only say that it is actually possible to gain skillupses from a lost catch. In other words, I've had it happen quite a few times, that when my line has been snapped, my skill advanced.

At least that was the case before the recent adjustments. I've yet to do much fishing after them, so I'm unsure if it's still happening. Of course I still agree that the rate is way too low, even considering the fact that I have seen as high as 0.3 beyond level 90! More than once!!

As for the 'did not catch anything', I certainly don't find that as a necessary feature. I doubt any player would.

Speaking of the adjustments, I guess in the grand scheme of things, I like them. I don't think I'm a fan of the big arrows that come up on the screen, but the negativeness that brings up is probably outweighed by the positives.

So a thank you might be in place, even if it may be early for that still!
    (1)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Hmmm. By “only get a skill up if you catch something”, are you referring to actually reeling them in? I'm thinking yes, since you later mention the “did not catch anything”.

If so, well to that, I can only say that it is actually possible to gain skillupses from a lost catch. In other words, I've had it happen quite a few times, that when my line has been snapped, my skill advanced.

At least that was the case before the recent adjustments. I've yet to do much fishing after them, so I'm unsure if it's still happening. Of course I still agree that the rate is way too low, even considering the fact that I have seen as high as 0.3 beyond level 90! More than once!!

As for the 'did not catch anything', I certainly don't find that as a necessary feature. I doubt any player would.

Speaking of the adjustments, I guess in the grand scheme of things, I like them. I don't think I'm a fan of the big arrows that come up on the screen, but the negativeness that brings up is probably outweighed by the positives.

So a thank you might be in place, even if it may be early for that still!
    I haven't had enough line breaks to really notice if you get skill ups off them or not, but my point still stands, other crafts have a way easier time of getting skillups than fishing does. Plus you're limited to 200 fish per day, I`ve hit the daily cap without ever getting a single skill up before.

As far as the new system goes I think it's good, I like it so yea, Thank you for that.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah... I guess one can only really notice it with something like the cave cherax, and still need to be “lucky” to see it. Probably. Not that those yet snapped any of my lines after them tweaks, but I've not fished them much yet.

Oh, and I forgot to include a special thanks to getting rid of the framerate limit. I really did not feel it was helping, but in fact the opposite. I know the reasoning that was, and perhaps it not helping was just my imagination, but nevertheless, it was something I was hoping to become at least optional.

I am somewhat curious about if everything is working as intended, currently, since I almost feel like it's a little too easy. I need not do anything except hit enter to reel in yellow globes for example. I do like it; it feels like my skill level matters, but I guess I'm having a bit of them too good to be true-feels.

I'm a bit sad now that I just did the major leveling up part before these changes (including getting Lu Shang's and Ebisu). I almost kind of want to do it again...
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-20-2014 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Blubb!

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

I dont see how this is being as easier.

I find the new system to be very difficult to use on a Keyboard built into your alienware laptop with windows 8.1 when it comes to playing this fishing game on ffxi by using your number pads arrow keys. You have to constantly tap it in the directions the silver arrow's shown direction instead of being able to hold down the arrow key/keys in the opposite direction in the way you used to be able to do it even when the fishing rod is swapping directions for-> {you to be able to keep reeling it in opposite directions of the rod} and thats where the problem for the most part of the KB user's comes into play with the new fishing system.

I have lost more catchers at low level fishing in the new way verses over the older way of fishing with the stamina bar replenishing easier above my character's head. I'm still waiting for the dev team to make it possible to carry multiple fishing lures stacked inside the ammo slot as well.

I made sure to space out by creating more paragraph's for those who are hard of reading readers out there or hard of keeping track in where you are reading-at or where you were reading.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 03-26-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Typo's & missing words.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    YosemiteYogorockBlondelle,

'Tis true that some things are now more difficult. I, for example, can no longer reel in matsya, which was relatively easy before. I imagine I should not be able to reel them in just yet, though, since my skill is only at 93. I can't say (yet) what they are like with a higher level than that. I sure hope they wont be horrible then, and that they don't require a moghancement/moglification (my mog house is just horrible, and impossible with regards to those key items).

What has become a lot easier (and faster) is reeling in the lower level fish (level compared to the fisher's skill level).

It is also true that we can't just hold down to one direction, hoping for the quick-like fish to move to the same direction all the time. The point is, I guess, that we only have to press to a direction only once per 'pull', not hold it down. It has been a bit of an annoyance at times when I press the wrong direction for a very short amount of time, which was less punishing before, than it is now.

I have yet to try fishing on lower levels, so I can't really say anything about that, still.
    (0)

Character
    Trepan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I love the new way of fishing. Its less boring than before. But a little less. But what really needed to be changed, hasn't been changed. You still catch to many items in the water in my opinion. I wander how can the water in vanadiel be so polluted. And i still wander how can the poor fishes swim in it. Maybe everyone throw their crap in the water in this world ? Maybe water is the dustbin. Who knows...

And that combined with the horrible fishing skill up rate : that is the thing making fishing boring. If SE doesn't want to increase the rate, they should at least do something with the items we get with guild points and with a lot of our playtime.

By exemple : in the Fisherman's apron and fisherman's smock, instead of the effect "Reduces chances of fishing up items" it should be "Prevents of fishing up items". So it will only focus to fish fishes. And instead to catch an items, a fish bite, so we get more fishes.

Same thing with the Noddi ring : intead of "Reduces the chances of fishing up monster" it should be "Prevents to fishing up monsters". And instead of a monster, a fish bite.

That would be a little usefull change for fishers.
    What SE didn't understand its : players weren't complaining about the fishing system, players were mainly complaining about the unrealistic fishing results and skill up rate.

The fishing system is better now though. Its a good work but... thats not what it mainly needed to be changed.
    (4)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast