Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    For me the problem is the AH item limit. There's only the seven selling slots, so I'm not going to sit around cranking out 50 of something non-stacking and hope I have my bag space back sooner rather than later.
    That's my point. Find that crafter who's making sinking minnows and AH'ing them. Message them, saying "Hey, if you're on can I make an appointment to get some crafting done?"

Alchemist gets a customer that buys up minnows/SM's in bulk for a fair price. Fisher gets full stock of lures to work with. Win-win. Heck, if you could find a safe spot near where said fishers are dropping lines full of said lures, I'd be setting up with a mule and a pile of minnows in it for the win.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Bit late to the party here, but as I've recently tried to take up fishing with SoA on the horizon, I was curious if there's been anymore updates about them considering overhauling the skillup rate for fishing.

I've been casually fishing since May 2005, and up until I got more serious earlier this week, I had a skill of 10. The past few days I've been toying with a Lu Shang I got on the cheap from someone's bazaar, and I try to pull in over 100 fish a day due to the huge time it takes to reach that point usually. So far, I've only hit fishing 15, and was curious if there's any plans to really change the skillup rate as was mentioned earlier on, or if it's gone the way of Cait Sith for SMN and just swept under the rug.

Dunno. I've leveled traditional crafts and synergy in the lower levels and with the time and effort spent in comparison, I'd be in the upper 20s at least by now. I'd equate the "Failed to catch anything" to crystal breaks as far as eating time up, but the system seems pretty broken to me. I've consistently caught fish people have confirmed as being around 90 in skill cap level at level 10 with the Lu Shang, and no skillups off it, while traditional crafting usually nets you a pretty good risk / reward skillup chance for trying to make items higher than the 5 level comfort zone range with the higher chance of failure and losing the material (chance of not catching the fish and losing the bait / lure in the case of fishing), though such massive difference seems to hold no real bearing at this point from what I've encountered. SSG had me catching Grimmonites as I was fishing up Nebimonites for skillups, and out of about 5-6 the other day, only a single one gave me skillups after the usual close call struggle that ensued every catch. I blew through 198 Crayfish Pastes that day and caugh over 100ish fish for about 2 skills levels, where most normal crafts with that much supply at my disposal would have easily got me several levels, probably enough to jump a full rank under 60.

Given the fatigue in place acting as a daily bottleneck, would it be unreasonable for the developers to increase the skillup rates for fishing?
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just curious if its A fishing bug or not?

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed when they put out the rod and start to fish, if anyone of you noticed that an NPC or PC will go invisible & completely disappear and sometimes only the name is left shown? Does this happen to anyone else?
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 01-29-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    It's by design, to allow you to see which way your rod is pulling.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Well about time, one should like to say. A little late for me, as usual, but good for those who still get more out of it. (I finished my haul of 10010 carps on 1st of January 2014, even though I started that quest somewhere in 2006 or 2007 I believe. I was only at 2000 or so some months ago, and finally decided it's time! I had always been wondering if it's even possible for anyone to do it without cheating, but I proved meself it is indeed!)

Anyblue, I'm speaking of this, of course:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Future fishing adjustments
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    I apologize for the long wait, but we are currently working on the fishing adjustments that were previously announced to be implemented in a version update after March.

With these adjustments fishing skill will play a much larger role and the amount of elements that involve fighting with the fish will be reduced. I apologize for the inconveniences associated with the changes in fishing difficulty due to current play conditions, but we will be working hard to make improvements.
    In the light of these events, I would like to request the framerate limit (FPS) to be set as an optional feature. I think it was mentioned here:

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Previously we implemented some counter measures on the client side to ease fishing difficulty, but we received a lot of feedback to make adjustments to the fishing system itself.
    I personally feel the lower framerate is actually having a detrimental effect on my fishing experience, as well as the results. In other words, it actually makes it more difficult to fish.

Mayhap it's just me...

As for some other quick, current thoughts, I think the rate of skill advancement seriously needs to be adjusted. Reeling in over 100 fish with zarrro (0) skill points feels unacceptable to me. I don't think it makes anyone want to do it when they're seeing no progress for the hours they spent on it.

I recently acquired my first Pelican Ring, and I have to say I am not impressed. It may be that I'm just very unlucky with this sort of things, which I know I am, but that's not the point...

Guild points are something else that I've always thought of being a bit harsh. Especially so now when things are made lots faster all over Vana'diel. It goes for all crafts, though, not just fishing.
    I believe the items used for them could use an overhaul here, similar to how some of the woodworking items were adjusted in the past. I'm speaking of the lungfish in particular. That has got to be some sort of a joke, right?

That's probably all fer now...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    You know what would make the strain on minnows and sinking minnows go away? Not making every single fish minnow/sinking minnow specific, or at least not make those the only bait that narrows them down to one type of fish. The 4 sea serpents are sinking minnow only if you want to catch just them with any efficiency, while the minnow gets them and 2 others and actual bait catches 10 different things. Even Apkallufa were sinking minnow specific, while minnow or other bait caught several different fish. (By the way, why did we have to make those drop from monsters? The Akaso was the hard part to get, the Apkallufa were fairly easy for a fisherman to get, and were the only real profitable fish that we don't NPC.)

Can we add some fish that are singled out by the dozens of other baits? Maybe the next fish really likes trout balls? Or Sliced Carp? Or Peeled Lobsters? Or Lizard Lures? Or Rotten Meat? Crafting a haubergeon doesn't randomly give you a leather vest 20% of the time, but If I want Black Sole, I'm getting Cod 20% of the time. So use those other baits, Square!

Also if we're going to lose half our bait to line snaps even if we have support, gear and capped skill, can we not lose the NPC unavailable, non stacking, high level crafted bait?
    (3)
    Last edited by Louispv; 01-30-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Why not something to get rid of the hundreds of fishbotters in Beau glacier? :/
    (1)
    Last edited by Tohihroyu; 01-30-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

How did you go about checking up if they where really bots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    Why not something to get rid of the hundreds of fishbotters in Beau glacier? :/
    My title states what I will be asking you in general. (-;

I was wondering in regards to you finding out if they where really bots or just seemed like it but didn't go to great extents to check if they were really bots or not? Try these scenario's out: A person on the game creates an LS just solely to fish, plus doesn't want to chat or be disturbed while fishing with anyone walking by and while at the same time they've also found LS Members who have felt the same way to join the fishing ls group, so you go up to chat to them to see if they are fishing bots & they do not respond back to you; do you automatically assume there fishing bots because they haven't or wont answer you back while there full concentration is on the sole purpose is to fish in peace in Beucadine glacier? Do you assume no one fishes in beu glacier there for they must be bots automatically fishing? I also want you to keep in mind to combat it SE/the dev team could remove the fish from Beu Glacier to combat botting as well as hurting us when we decide-> Hmm, I think I will go try to do some fishing in beu glacier when it comes to removing the bots vs. players scenario, it also hurts the players in the same way it hurts the bots are working through it as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-01-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My Ideas on some ways you could implement adjustments into having it additional ways.

I would like to see the Dev. team come up with New Fishing Gears for the area's of the ears, head, body, back, hands, waist, feet, and even the weapon with sub slots filled to support fishing and even as an added-in in taking part of the creation of changes that will be going into fishing. I mean if we really faced it; we really haven't seen any new fishing armor gear pieces in a very long time besides the four crafted body, hands, legs, feet and besides the gears and the fishing gears from purchasing with enough points from a fisherman's guild. if you even managed to even get your fishing skill high enough to unlock the ability and of course then enough points high enough to get those gears from the guild. The rings were kind of some what nice add-in to changing or helping in fishing but I would like to see more added into the fishing system.

I was basically saying that besides those crafted Lv.1 fishing skill +1 and its HQ Lv.15 counter part with just more Def and the same exact +1 to fishing-> I was thinking with all the reforged gears being implemented to the game, why don't they come up some type of reforged fishing gears or of the type that are used at level 99 since most everyone has a 99 job these days with more ways then one to support all your fishing wants in general? The wanted changes have been listed here mostly to which was the for faster skill-ups, increased various areas of fishing previously suggested into this thread of the fishing Adjustment forums and even said by dev like team members. The bonus side to these gears is that they are portal moogle slip storagable or at least npc stored for the times you want to put them away without keeping the slots full all the time while not in use or just times you would like to just put them away in the mean time when your not going to be fishing
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-11-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    My title states what I will be asking you in general. (-;

I was wondering in regards to you finding out if they where really bots or just seemed like it but didn't go to great extents to check if they were really bots or not? Try these scenario's out: A person on the game creates an LS just solely to fish, plus doesn't want to chat or be disturbed while fishing with anyone walking by and while at the same time they've also found LS Members who have felt the same way to join the fishing ls group, so you go up to chat to them to see if they are fishing bots & they do not respond back to you; do you automatically assume there fishing bots because they haven't or wont answer you back while there full concentration is on the sole purpose is to fish in peace in Beucadine glacier? Do you assume no one fishes in beu glacier there for they must be bots automatically fishing? I also want you to keep in mind to combat it SE/the dev team could remove the fish from Beu Glacier to combat botting as well as hurting us when we decide-> Hmm, I think I will go try to do some fishing in beu glacier when it comes to removing the bots vs. players scenario, it also hurts the players in the same way it hurts the bots are working through it as well.
    Holy crap your font was small. But yeah I actually used to be in a fishing ls at one point. And people in beau are annoying. I go out as a brd/blm and I get asked to team up on kat trial nm. Or can you lead me to feiyin. Basically wont answer anyone I don't know
    (0)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast