Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    All i care about is having fishing being fun and actually getting a skillup from it.
    I've played the fishing minigame for hours and can manage to catch coral butterflies (supposedly a fish that caps at 40 skill) without much effort with ZERO fishing skill. After many hours, still have zero skill and a bunch of random fish+monsters to show for it.

How about you actually fix fishing first so it gives skill ups and is more fun+less tedious instead of encouraging everyone to bot it because its tedious and gives no skill ups when you play the game legitimately.

Oh and people that want NPCs to sell an endless supply of lures? How about taking up a craft to make them yourselves, or be willing to pay a decent price on the AH for lures so crafters will bother to take the time to make them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sapphires; 11-16-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Translated by: Slycer

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Hello!

Since I can take some time to respond to the forum this week, I can answer some questions relating my original post. As I mentioned previously, the first post was just intended to outline some of the major modifications coming... this post will be more packed with details and specifics.

I can't really respond to other threads or posts, as usual, Oriole will get comments from the team and summarize them. Thanks!

Ok, let's go:

{{Questions about fish regen and skill ups}}

This feature is already in the current fishing system. HP regen for fish on the line works in regular intervals when the HP is 1 or higher. In other words, the fish can't regen from 0 HP. We aren't changing anything about this.

With respect to easing up fishing skill ups - rather than limit this to fishing in particular, Matsui, Ito, and I all share the opinion that there should be an overall adjustment for all crafting as well.

{{Questions about fatigue}}

Sorry if my original post was not clear. There are two types of fishing fatigue. One type is the upper limit on the number of fish you can catch. However, the other type, as you pointed out, is that the time to re-cast your line gets longer.

The purpose of this feature is to put players who continue to fish in the same spot for a long time at a disadvantage. Beyond that, of course, the assumption was that it would reduce the efficency of automatic fishing bots. That being said, we realize that players who aren't using bots are still feeling the effects of this kind of fatigue.

Of course, we will have to set the curve of how this varies accordingly and we will have to think about whether we want to change this when we make the adjustments to fishing. At this point, we'll leave it as is, and we'll gradually adjust this if it doesn't seem to cause any issues.

Let's give these some tentative names for convenience to avoid confusion in the future... we'll call the upper limit "catch fatigue" and the longer recast for people who don't move "continuous fatigue."

{{Question about release timing}}

Although I'd like to say that we're almost ready to implement the tests, the reality is that it will probably be after Adoulin.

{{Question about fighting against the highest level fish}}

As we discussed previously, the fish fighting will be adjusted to depend strongly on fishing skill. That said, for fish with much higher skill (resistance) than player's skill, such as Matsya, player fishing skill alone won't be enough, and the process will definitely require player input. We are also considering boosting this in certain ways, such as:
    *Services or items that temporarily boost fishing skill
    *Services or items that generate special debuffs against particular prey
    *When a fishing critical occurs, the fish will be reeled in unconditionally

Additionally, several types of accessories to assist with fishing are already around. Since we are only now coming up with these ideas, please let us know if you have any better ones.

In addition to any suggestions you may have, we are also reading your opinions. Although we probably can't respond to everyone, everything posted here is helpful. Thanks all!
    Translated by: Slycer
    (3)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Hi while your on adding these adjustments can you make it possible that we can buy minnow and sinking minnows from a regular npc who doesn't go out of stock, even if it means raising these ones to the highest possible price.
    (0)
    Htid!

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caria View Post
    Honestly, I hope this type of message is generally ignored. As a long time crafter, it bothers me immensely when people want to see market driven prices undercut by NPC's. If an NPC is going to be implemented to provide an item that has historically been provided by crafters, the price should be well above the normal prices (with normal fluctuations) on the servers. If no crafter were providing these, it would seem a fair thing to ask for an NPC. Yet as an alchemist, I have rarely seen a shortage of these lures on the auction house, except when the prices have tanked so low that they aren't worth the effort of making. Please do not implement these types of NPC sales.
    Ha ha sorry but they really need to add minnows and sinking minnows to a npc, i wish someone would craft these and put them on the ah, they would be busy though i'd imagine you could sell over 400 of these daily maybe more.

People arn't buying them from the ah right now because you need at least 40 at a time.
    (1)
    Last edited by uptempo; 11-16-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Htid!

Character
    Datian
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    true that you need atleast 100-120 to catch your limit on a good day. and if there was 40 up on AH they would be snapped of quicker then you could blink. fact is if there was a npc that sold minnows at 7k each i would still buy of that said npc,
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Well done for quoting the entire post for no reason other than to extend the page down >.>
    Well done making a post about a quote that took up a page only to quote the whole post and make another post.

I'll go edit it I wanted to make sure it was responding to the right person.

Successful topic bump, now do you disagree with the suggestion I made or was you simply bumping the topic? Complaining about a quote seems a bit off topic but, thank you for repeating my suggestion in your quote.

Watch out Kalilla!!!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 11-16-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Pyunguwahagu
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 13
    Specifically, we would like to make it possible to continue fishing and reduce a fish’s HP by indicating a rod direction once; making it so you can fish without any super difficult controls.
    I quite like this.
    (0)

Player
    Either A, I am missing something about fishings controls, B, translation error? Or C, pushing a single button corresponding with something on screen = super difficult controls.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    Ha ha sorry but they really need to add minnows and sinking minnows to a npc, i wish someone would craft these and put them on the ah, they would be busy though i'd imagine you could sell over 400 of these daily maybe more.

People arn't buying them from the ah right now because you need at least 40 at a time.
    It sorta surprises me. 51 tier on minnows is 82 alchemy + 62 goldsmithing at -worst- (that's the copper ingot/glass fiber recipe), and that's not tough to do- you're in the plat/gold range for 62 GS, and 82 alchemy is even easier to skill up. With the cost of materials, you'd expect them to be pumped out by the zillions- people fishing up masks in Oldton for fiber, copper ingots being stupid easy to come by. I'd be making those things nonstop considering the rate of sales if basically put on AH -> sell out ASAP to hungry fishers -> repeat, even if you're lower skill and making minnows instead of sinking minnows.

Sounds like some high-level fishers need crafting partners willing to make them lures in quantity.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    For me the problem is the AH item limit. There's only the seven selling slots, so I'm not going to sit around cranking out 50 of something non-stacking and hope I have my bag space back sooner rather than later.
    (4)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast