Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Greetings everyone.

I have some feedback from the development team to share in regards to all the response we have been receiving about the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava.
    • Adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava
      At the current time, we would like to proceed with the changes as stated.

The main idea behind the adjustments and the plan is as Producer Akihiko Matsui has mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
      For both existing content and content to come in the future, I believe that conditions where special monsters are created for the sole purpose of counteracting Perfect Defense and Embrava is not desirable at all. The main idea behind the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava is to correct the situation so it will not come to this.

As a result we would like to make it so summoner and scholar can widen their range of play and usefulness via other elements. We understand that these adjustments might be somewhat of an inconvenience, but we appreciate your understanding.
      In other words, currently we have been giving consideration towards Perfect Defense and Embrava when making adjustments to content and monster strength. Likewise we have had to scale back new equipment stats and abilities for other jobs for the same reason.

In the event that we were to continue at this pace, content and monsters would be created where the effects of Perfect Defense and Embrava would be ineffective, so in order to redraw the standard values for content and equipment we will be making these adjustments.

We apologize for how late these adjustments are being made.

• Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Adjustments
      The reduction in the amount of Astrarium needed is a boon for reaching each of the main floors, but in addition to this we will be making the below adjustments in order to increase the chances of reaching these floors.
      *These adjustments have yet to be implemented on the Test Server
      • Increase the cap value for warping to ??? floor
        When randomly warping, the highest value will be increase from 9 to 11, and the average amount of floors that need to be clear in order to reach floor 100 will be reduced.
      • Adjustments to lamp response speed
        In order to prevent any impediments to the time attack element, we will be reducing the wait time.
        • After “same time” lamps have been operated, the wait time until they can be checked again will be reduced from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
        • The time until “order” lamps judge the correct answer will be reduced from 12 seconds to 7 seconds.
      • Astraria adjustments
        Currently, the below changes have been made on the Test Server:

Astraria in Possession Before ImplementationAstraria in Possession After Implementation
        0~40
        5~91
        10~142
        15~193
        20~244

We will next be changing it to the below:

Astraria in Possession Before ImplementationAstraria in Possession After Implementation
        1~61
        7~122
        13~183
        19~244

• Changes to jobs that can equip Powder Boots
      As an experiment, we will be making this item equippable by all jobs.
      *This adjustment is not reflected in today’s Test Server update.

• Legion and Einherjar adjustments
      With the adjustments to Embrava and the scaling back of its boons to offensive capabilities, it will take longer to defeat enemies. In regards to Perfect Defense, with the effect duration reduction, it's important to defeat enemies quickly.

We are closing the gap of the increased time variation by reducing an enemy's HP.

We know that there are a variety of reasons as to why enemies need to be defeated in a shorter amount of time, and it varies by monster and content, and we believe it's very important to look into all of these individually.

While there were many comments touching on this, we would like to keep this separate from the feedback regarding Perfect Defense and Embrava. (Please know we are not ignoring your suggestions, we just need to look into them one by one based on the topic.)
    (11)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

In the name of "balance," TP version of sublimation, {Can I have it?} Some mages use myrkr T.T

also... Kaustra really needs to be redone or seperated from Tabula Rasa.
    (4)
    Last edited by Miiyo; 10-27-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Player
    Can you please consider the fact that RNGs require REGAIN and not haste, and certainly not refresh, so please make the spell "somewhat" useful for them again. Thanks.
    (5)

Character
    Ranthozyk
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone.

I have some feedback from the development team to share in regards to all the response we have been receiving about the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava.
    • Adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava
      At the current time, we would like to proceed with the changes as stated.

The main idea behind the adjustments and the plan is as Producer Akihiko Matsui has mentioned:

In other words, currently we have been giving consideration towards Perfect Defense and Embrava when making adjustments to content and monster strength. Likewise we have had to scale back new equipment stats and abilities for other jobs for the same reason.

In the event that we were to continue at this pace, content and monsters would be created where the effects of Perfect Defense and Embrava would be ineffective, so in order to redraw the standard values for content and equipment we will be making these adjustments.

We apologize for how late these adjustments are being made.
    • Legion and Einherjar adjustments
      With the adjustments to Embrava and the scaling back of its boons to offensive capabilities, it will take longer to defeat enemies. In regards to Perfect Defense, with the effect duration reduction, it's important to defeat enemies quickly.

We are closing the gap of the increased time variation by reducing an enemy's HP.

We know that there are a variety of reasons as to why enemies need to be defeated in a shorter amount of time, and it varies by monster and content, and we believe it's very important to look into all of these individually.

While there were many comments touching on this, we would like to keep this separate from the feedback regarding Perfect Defense and Embrava. (Please know we are not ignoring your suggestions, we just need to look into them one by one based on the topic.)
    This makes incredibly little sense. The development team would have to reduce future equipment statistics based upon a game tactic that not everyone employs; effectively limiting the entire player base for a tactic not everyone uses? Yet again the development team's vision of embrava and a game mechanic is being shoved down the player base's throat when nearly everyone has displayed their disagreement with the complete change of the spell.

Why can there be no compromise with a reduction of current enhancement potencies, or an explanation as to why there can be absolutely no compromise? And why are the adjustments to legion and einherjar being asked to be talked about separately? They've been introduced in the same topic for a reason. Because they are being adjusted due to these abilities. The players have said several times that reducing monster HP is not the problem with these monsters. The team says that each monster differs, but that's not really the case. Their area of effect abilities and spells are simply too strong and wide, that is what needs adjusting; not maximum HP.

I for one am getting very tired of the development team simply going ahead with their plans even after a majority of the community states that it should not be carried out. This inability to compromise with the player base will likely mean cancellations of subscriptions from many players, as this is certainly not the first time this has happened, and this definitely reinforces that it will not be the last.

On a separate note, at least Neo Nyzul Isle is being adjusted further for those that hadn't completed that content, because it certainly needed to be. Having lamps produce a delay so large in the first place was ludicrous.
    (12)

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Can't complain about the Nyzul Isle changes but still what a poor excuse behind the nerf ...

If that's the reason then Kaustra will need some form of adjustment to it , so that scholar actually will have a use for Tabula Rasa . Sadly you forget about the ranged jobs that don't need haste or refresh ?!

The current layout for the new embrava is pointless it will just be another spell hardly used because let's face it who really does need refresh when it's so readily available to us with gear and the spell itself

I don't envy you Camate being the bearer of bad news but maybe the devs do need a slap upside their heads to make them see its not what we want ....

But then we're ignored all the time so I can't say I'm holding out any hope
    (6)
    Last edited by Lollerblades; 10-27-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

But do the devs understand that they're going to have to do a whole lot more than reduce monster HP to make things truly balanced? We're not losing wars of attrition where our healers are running out of MP before the monster runs out of HP. We're getting vaporized by nuclear bombs. Adjusting monster abilities should be the first step, but it seems as though it's going to be the last simply because it's the hardest. No player nerf should be coming without monster adjustments already figured out and ready to be implemented.
    (17)

Quote Originally Posted by Lollerblades View Post
    But then we're ignored all the time so I can't say I'm holding out any hope
    It's not really that we're ignored, they don't want any ideas from the player base. They just want to know do you like it or not. If enough people are against it, we MIGHT think about a sideways way to adjust it. That's what the forum is really for. They may as well keep it limited to a no comments forum and put a like or dislike button next to the updates. FFXI would be much different if they listened to the actual ideas from the community. Granted, most posts on here aren't worth much anyways so I wouldn't want to have the job of sifting through the crap to find a needle.
    (2)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SE nerfs embrava in Nyzle Isle meaning

you will attack 175% slower (or you'll have less healing power and will have to wait for brd buffs)
    you will lose the abilty to one shot mobs with tp gained from embrava
    with the lower haste and lack of regain, it'll take 2x longer to kill normal mobs at least.

Simply put kill all floors/leader floor will become bigger time sinks

Now there is a 15% increase in floor jumps which is pretty nice but is totally offset by the above things and then some.

Imo Nyzle isle is gonna become more gear dependent and less accesible (pple can't just lvl SCH and be useful) and alot more luck based since Order, Big kill all floor and tough leader floor will end more runs now.

Honestly, for those that haven't got the gear yet i'd try and spam it before the update.
    (9)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Thelona
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm seeing this as them actually listening (to a point). They are adjusting piece by piece the embrava/pd'd events, so I'm thinking that patience will do well.
    I'm holding out hope that this will be a return of the "Come as your best geared job" as opposed to "Come as one of the 5 jobs in the game".
    (9)

Player
    I dont think the devs realize that we arent doing this strat because we want to, it's because we've been backed into a wall with no other way out and now they want to lock the door, to be honest, i hate being dependant on 2hrs to do things. It was nice back in the day when shit could be difficult like wyrms and JoL (atleast at first) but still be defeatable by a group of skilled and well geared players without everyone sitting around for damn 2hrs. Tiamat "Could" truck you with MS, but a smart PLD would just use sentinel to counteract, whereas idiots would get trucked. Just shit like that instead of oh hey i'm a taru and if i sit within 30' of this mob i'll get one shotted when the mob perspires...
    (11)

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast