Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Their response is the most retarded vision ever to come from a developer. Players beat the game using strategy! Knowledge over game mechanic and job mastery. And the ability to work together as a team to utilize your groups strength and knowledge over monster abilities and behavior. They should focus on creating this type of content. Not cheap NMs that will wipe your entire alliance in one shot move. And certainly it should not be based on how elite your gears and weapons are. Those things will just make the battle more manageable and controlling the chance of wiping. Gears are great reward for beating contents but it should not be top priority and strict requirement for you to do so. Empyrean +2 and Relic +2 gears should be more than adequate to beat these contents. As well as normal Magian Trials elemental weapons.

There are numerous great example within the game itself that the developers are able to create great balanced content. Zilart, ToAU and Abyssea are two shining examples on how to create enjoyable content that last for years.
    (3)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 11-17-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Empyrean +2 and Relic +2 gears should be more than adequate to beat these contents. As well as normal Magian Trials elemental weapons.
    You were making sense until you said this.

There are numerous great example within the game itself that the developers are able to create great balanced content. Zilart, ToAU and Abyssea are two shining examples on how to create enjoyable content that last for years.
    Curious as to how aby (after scars) was balanced?

But in all seriousness, this response from the DEVs is the worst excuse they've pooed out in a while; and for that, I congratulate them!
    (1)

Hi

This is one of the few posts ive made on this forum because frankly the comments shown here by the Developers/Forum Moderaters which ever the case may be have shown quite frankly that they dont understand how this is going to affect there game.

The three major events which will be affected are NNI, ADL and legion. I can still see NNI being done without embrava but i dont belive the win rate will be any where near as high as it is now. People talk alot about ADL not being doable with PD but honestly a good chainspell stun and good postioning of a backup healer ( read : someone to silena and para the stunner ) can make this event well i wont say it will be as easy as before but it is doable and at least still farmable content.

Before i talk about legion i want to make it clear to any Developer/Forum that "Gear" is not our problem my shell like any decent endgame linkshell has more mythics/relics/NNI gear(lol?) that we could possibly ever want or use. Id also like to point our as another member of my shell has that we have reached the 3rd wave of rex many many times so our experience is pretty good.

Quite simple the problem with the PD nerf and Embrava nerf is the fact that alot of the mobs are completly immune or extremly resistant to stun even with the best gear in the game you cannot guarantee that a stun will land to save your party. This becomes a problem when the monsters your fighting have TP moves or Magic moves that when when used either on there own or back to back in quick succession have the potential to one shot your parties. This is not a skill issuse this your random number generator at its finest. PD in its current state gives us the abilty to fight the mobs that are resistant to stun so we can actually move onto a mob where some form of skill ( i use this word lightly ) is involved.

You know whats bad after writeing all this i just realised your not going to read this and you dont give a flying fuck about your playerbase, why i waste my time i dont know lol.
    (8)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    That's three examples, not two. Also, if Abyssea is content that lasts for years - how come I haven't set my foot in there in nearly one year (other than to get blinkers for my cruor that I earned doing voidwatch)?

Abyssea is boring as f**k. Only reason I'd ever go back would be to make another empyrean weapon (and then I would be going back because I have to, not because I enjoy it in any way, shape or form) or help someone with theirs. There's no fun involved whatsoever, no challenge, you've got buffs coming out your backside, no danger of losing the battle (if you do you fail beyond words). It certainly did not last me for years, same goes for most of the people I know/play with.
    (6)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 11-17-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    That's three examples, not two. Also, if Abyssea is content that lasts for years - how come I haven't set my foot in there in nearly one year (other than to get blinkers for my cruor that I earned doing voidwatch)?
    So, just in the last year you haven't stepped foot in Abyssea? Then yes, that means the content did well by you for years.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    So, just in the last year you haven't stepped foot in Abyssea? Then yes, that means the content did well by you for years.
    As far as I remember, the first Abyssea add-on was introduced in June 2010. So no, Abyssea did NOT last me for years.
    (3)
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Anyone else feel that the dev team are just pushing the final nail in the coffin for FFXI? Or just me ?
    (13)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hopefully Bahamut will make a return in SoA, just to gigaflare Vana'diel.
    (3)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Facepalming so hard at the amount of bitching, whining and crying going on in here. When was there not content in this game that required people not to suck if they wanted to beat it?
    (1)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Just to point out this since people still complain about the nerf incoming. ADL can be done without PD or Embrava done it several times. Legion can be done without PD and Embrava done it also was alot more deaths then usual but can be done. NNI well take 2 brds cycle out troub and nightengale and not suck so bad that you lose. Remember back when AV was a zergfest for drk then SE came around and made it resist blood weapon as the fight went on not to mention the sch zerg that was a short lived strat so people stopped til level increase was introduced now there is a ton of AV items all over and the gear is next to nothing in cost. I am not for the nerf but since SE is going to ignore the complaints just need to rework strats and have a good team of people who know what to do and when.
    (0)

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast