Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I certain think that it would only be fair to give it an equal amount of Snapshot too.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    In other words, currently we have been giving consideration towards Perfect Defense and Embrava when making adjustments to content and monster strength. Likewise we have had to scale back new equipment stats and abilities for other jobs for the same reason.

In the event that we were to continue at this pace, content and monsters would be created where the effects of Perfect Defense and Embrava would be ineffective, so in order to redraw the standard values for content and equipment we will be making these adjustments.
    Camate while I understand your just translating what the Dev's posted in the JP forums, and what I read last night.

Can you possibly communicate to the developers that it's not the monsters HP that is the issue. It's their offensive power, their special attacks have very large area's of effect and do so much damage that it kill's anyone who doesn't have perfect defense on. What the community is really asking for is a reduction to the damage monsters do to the players doing those big fights. If the developers could reduce the monsters offensive power then the players would love you guys for a very long time. The PD / Embrava nerf would be much better received at that point.
    (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Muras
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollerblades View Post
    If that's the reason then Kaustra will need some form of adjustment to it , so that scholar actually will have a use for Tabula Rasa.
    Everyone keeps saying stuff like this but I really don't feel it's true at all. Tabula Rasa is a fantastic 2 hour even without Embrava or Kaustra, and definitely better than what some other jobs have. Originally it lasted 30 seconds and it's only effect was unlimited strategems and was useless like this because 30 seconds wasn't enough time to do anything with it. Now it's 3 minutes long, unlimited strategems, 0 recast on Light/Dark arts, and boosts Regen/Helix spells even more. Having unlimited strategems for 3 minutes is the best part though... You can Parsimony/Alacrity/Ebullience/Immanece your nukes as much as you want, and Perpetuance your buffs all you want, Rapture/Penury/Accession your cures all you want. If you really play SCH seriously, you should know how fast you can burn through strategems and just how amazingly useful having unlimited strategems for 3 minutes truly is.

Honestly, I think more 2 hour type abilities should have their duration increased too. DRK's (Blood Weapon) is a good example. But that's an entirely different topic.

In regards to Tabula Rasa and Embrava itself... Like I said earlier, I still feel that if Embrava is going to be nerfed, it should be nerfed to the point where we can just use it whenever we want like a regular spell. If I look at it from a design point of view, if a spell is meant to be limited to once every 2 hours (Or soon to be 1 hour) then it's supposed to be overpowered. If it's not overpowered, then why is it limited to being used once every 2 (Or 1) hours? Everything in between is what the players consider "useless" as it doesn't reflect the spell's limited use.

As a side note, Embrava/Kaustra could be removed from Tabula Rasa dependency, but still be boosted to stronger levels while under Tabula Rasa. For example 51 HP (Or lower)/10% Haste/4 Refresh outside Tabula Rasa at 500 skill, while having 72 HP/25% Haste/6 Refresh with Tabula Rasa with 500 skill as the devs propose. We could get both. Anything is possible here, just as long as the devs are willing to work with us.

In regards to specific feedback for Legion/Nyzul Isle/Einherjar. I'll be honest. I don't really do these events, so my input is very limited. But I can tell you one thing; From my limited experiences with these events, I can tell you I have absolutely no interest in doing them. They're boring and incredibly unfun due to the way the monsters are designed (Mostly Legion though). I mean, we generally only have 200-300 more HP when compared to Lv75 cap yet stuff is hitting us 6-7 times harder in comparison. What's up with that? If you use math things should only be hitting about 15% harder, give or take a few.

So basically:

1) If you're gonna nerf Embrava, nerf it right and adjust all properties of the spell including it's limited use (Ties to the 2 hour). Kaustra as well, of course. No matter what though, 3 minute duration is a must for Embrava, 2 hour or not.

2) Adjust content properly. It sounds like you'll look at one element at a time, so for now you're just doing HP, but you're also so darn vague about it that honestly I dunno if that's really the case. As such, I think everyone should continue to complain about these events as hard as they have been, until things are fixed. For all we know, if we stop now, SE will think the HP drop was sufficient and never look at the content again.

I think you guys are just adding more work for yourselves (The devs) by looking at things one at a time. I know in computer programming that you try to plan ahead as much as you can because changing code later can be very problematic. I don't think this is any different. You know what the players generally want so just get 'er done and move on :P
    (3)

I just remembered something.
    Embrava is pretty weak in level cap fights. Why are you making it a complete waste of 10% mp (assumed strategems) for those fights? I used it quite a lot to duo some ENM's w/ a friend who just likes to go this one particular job and it sucks even with him having embrava on. which only lasts for a 3rd of the fight anyway since perpetuance is lv76 (past all lvl caps).

It's only like 10% haste in those, idunno 30-40 regen? and regain of like 2. In no way is it broken in level cap fights. if any time needs to be killed from it, put it in the /blockaid petpetuance list. and it should remain the same potency it has always been for level cap fights.

Other point:
    For both existing content and content to come in the future, I believe that conditions where special monsters are created for the sole purpose of counteracting Perfect Defense and Embrava is not desirable at all. The main idea behind the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava is to correct the situation so it will not come to this.

As a result we would like to make it so summoner and scholar can widen their range of play and usefulness via other elements. We understand that these adjustments might be somewhat of an inconvenience, but we appreciate your understanding.
    This means they don't like making content that makes it necessary to use PD/embrava, right? You're going about making that dream a reality.
    First, change the content that you have already created to be do-able without PD/embrava, and let the community know that you're changing the content with the assumption that those spells will be heavily nerf'd. After you have changed the content around the new design and the player base understands that is why the content has been changed, you may nerf PD/embrava without issue.

Finally, why is it you say you made content to make PD/embrava useless when if a group tries to do the event without they have 0% chance of winning?
    (2)

Character
    Vosslerr
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I just wanted to thank SE for killing Voidwatch with the crour update. Now they tell us they are going to nerf Embrava and PD. Really about tired of the nerfs. The reps always complain that we don't provide constructive criticism and suggest other alternatives. Well, heres a suggestion. Please think about the long term when you implement a nerf. I was surprised to find out how many people do VW for the crour alone. Unfortunately I didn't get to finish all the armor that I wanted to and I can't can hold more than 10 people together for VW since no one wants to do it if they have the armor, and now you tell me that it will now be harder for me to get any Nyzul gear. I think another nerf will be coming this month, my subscription status.
    (3)

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    It's not really that we're ignored, they don't want any ideas from the player base. They just want to know do you like it or not. If enough people are against it, we MIGHT think about a sideways way to adjust it. That's what the forum is really for. They may as well keep it limited to a no comments forum and put a like or dislike button next to the updates. FFXI would be much different if they listened to the actual ideas from the community. Granted, most posts on here aren't worth much anyways so I wouldn't want to have the job of sifting through the crap to find a needle.
    They're ignorant of what we want over what they think we need I'll give you that
    (0)

Character
    Starscreamx
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    DOWN WITH THE BLOODY BIG HEAD!!!!!!
    (0)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Whle youre at it, get rid of the crap in NNI where you can port back to floor 1 when you're in the 90s, that's bullcrap that can even happen in that event.
    (1)

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    *spoiler*

New Jobadjustments

~All jobs~
    new WS @600 skill

~WHM~
    Cure become regeneff. with same Tier (cureI = CureI+SS+Regen1) @600 Healingskill

~BLU~
    New Spells @600 Bluskill

~NIN~
    +1 Utsesemi shadow @600 NINskill

>.<
    (2)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    /slowclap

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! You sir! Just broke it! Good luck trying to get to Fl100 NNL with out embrava the way it was. YOu really think people are going to find alternatives for that system now? No!
    (1)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast