Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm only waiting for next update to determine if Square Enix is or not a competent company. if they fail completly to satisfy playerbase, I'll quit for sometime.
    (6)

Forgive my brazilian english, if that matter.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Legion will become alot easier.

Basically
    DRKs will still hit 80% haste w/ Embrava + Haste (will still be able to full time cause you can lock SCHs 2hr)
    You can kill most mob without Perfect Defense and the one you need PD can be killed in 60ish secs with a -10% hp loss.

Meaning same buffs but less hp on bosses.

Still doesn't fix legions main problem of excluding all but hardcore players and the amount of organization required is not worth the rewards.

====================

Nyzle

Basically if ya don't get 100 before this nerf then nyzle will become even harder.

w/o full time embrava (and the loss of regain) 80 will be as hard as 100 easily.

Still doesn't fix that 20-60 bosses are nothing more than a time sync and that the people that "cheated" have a huge advantage over legit and newer players. Though the player base already told you this X1000.

I'll say it again Nyzle is an amazing way that Square enix has punished legit and newer players. So this will just make the gap bigger.

===================

Odin

never did V2 cause it didn't drop anything outside of town gear which isn't worth keeping 18ish+ people organized for a 2 x a week event.
    (9)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 10-24-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Afterdarkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Lmfao, I can't wait for this.
    Maybe we all should call for some bst nerfs then while were on.
    (4)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by newmonkey View Post
    Maybe we all should call for some bst nerfs then while were on.
    We don't need a nerf, we're already below the bottom of the barrel.
    (4)

Player
    I will start this post with a disclaimer saying that I agree PD and Embrava needed to be adjusted. They were abused to the extent that most people did not consider events to be potentially successful without these abilities.

Since I'm a Scholar, I'll cover the proposed Embrava changes.

First off, they are too extreme. They've gone and changed a spell that had amazing potential to the extent where NO ONE will use it. All of the changes involving Tabula Rasa (seriously, how many Scholars know they have Kaustra? No one even talks about it. It's all about Embrava) are essentially being labeled worthless at this point.

I'll cover the current effects of Embrava.

Regen - up to 72HP/tick at 497+ skill.
    Regain - 6TP/tick at 500+ skill.
    Haste - ~34% Haste at 500+ skill.
    Duration - 5 minutes (up to 12 minutes and 30 seconds with Perpetuance and Savant's Bracers +2).

I agree the Haste needed some changing, as that was probably the most broken ability of this two-hour spell to the point where that and the Haste spell capped your magic haste (something around there, anyway -- to the point where Bard's Marches weren't useful). The other broken part was the duration. While that won't be noticed doing something such as Arch Dynamis Lord and Provenance Watcher, it had the greatest effect on Legion and Nyzul Isle Uncharted since they are thirty-minute timed events where every second counts against you. If you had two Scholars using Embrava, you could have the effect up the entire time, refreshing the effect before Tabula Rasa wears off.

While Scholar does retain usefulness regardless of the direction this nerf goes, it won't be as dependant on their two-hour.

I'd be more willing to accept a change that disabled Perpeutance with the spell while retaining the current effects of Embrava. I'd also accept the proposed Haste changes, but retaining Regen and Regain. No one is going to ask a Scholar for Embrava so they can get up to an extra 6MP/tick Refresh...that's seriously a huge joke.
    They've proved they can do this, I direct you to the level 80 > 85 cap update. It's called: "Accession will not be compatible with the spell Haste."

Boom, that adjusts the duration "brokenness". While I will agree that the changes to the number of KIs in Nyzul Isle Uncharted is well-welcomed, I heavily doubt nerfing Embrava is the only reason for this change. It's a change that should've existed to begin with, 25x is NOT going to encourage ANYBODY to choose F80 over F100. 5x may do this, but again, most will want to aim for 100 for the chance at extra gear + guaranteed linen coin purse. Oh, and getting F80+ without Embrava is indeed possible, one of the first groups to go to 100+ didn't have a Scholar at ALL. It just ended up being more consistent with Embrava and the fact Scholar offers longer duration spells with Perpetuance. That still ensures Scholar is the preferred Nyzul Isle Uncharted healer.
    (7)
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Giselda
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You've obviously never played RDM to endure all of its usefullness and nerfs now.
    (5)

Character
    Afterdarkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So why call for a nerf to reso ? Drk finally gets a ws what makes the job relevant again.

Dont even give me crap about mighty strikes reso which is done via a 2 hour.

Eitherway calling for a reson nerf at this point, is just been childish.
    (2)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by newmonkey View Post
    So why call for a nerf to reso ? Drk finally gets a ws what makes the job relevant again.

Dont even give me crap about mighty strikes reso which is done via a 2 hour.

Eitherway calling for a reson nerf at this point, is just been childish.
    I didn't call for anything, I just quoted an obvious joke and went along with it.

Also, I do have RDM. It is retired.
    (1)

Character
    Afterdarkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Fair enough.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    just in time for ffxiv relaunch! how "convenient" indeed
    You are 6 month early the alpha didn't even start. There will be salvage before that.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast