Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    The difference between PD/Embrava and a Stun Lock?

Any Fresh 99 Abyssea-Burned Player can do PD/Embrava (The actions, as in a SCH or SMN), But try getting some tard to Time a Stun... It ain't going to happen. Now, Embrava would actually require said SCH working on 3-4 Pieces of gear, But still requires little to no mental capacity.

Stunning actually requires Timing, I mean, Legitimately anyway... paying attention, etc. Plus, Stun Locking leads a higher risk. both strategies are really just mindless zergs, But thats what Legion was designed to be, a Huge zerg fest. Its not too bad.

Thats the only difference i can think of.
    Ok we get it, stunning is hard and requires skill. Oh man. You confirm what I said about pseudo elitism. After the nerf all legion alliance will have to take 2+ WHM, 2+ BRD, there will be much less room for SCH. Trust me you'll go back to PD. I think the new COR 2H will make people use more astral flow actually assuming it works on SP1.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 11-17-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Damarius
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Posting here had enough.
    You allow players to use 3rd party programs to beat (nni 15/15 in 4 weeks.. yea you used no hax) do nothing.
    You allow fish bot's to make 3+++ million a day. (see Beaucedine Glacier been going on about a year if not longer).
    You doing nothing about spellcast..... you know what it is. This one thing on it's own destroys you o so important balanced game.

The player's who follow your user agreement are the ones who suffer, either give us similar advantages (enough macro Lines to change gear and ws for example), ban them, or put this shambles of a game down once and for all.

I want a response to this post not from players, but from dev team.

Apart from these issues love the game ty, SE.
    (2)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    First, as always, nerfing long-standing abilities is ridiculous. Especially, for the excuse given by S/E. What that excuse says is "while we expect players to be creative in beating content, we aren't capable being of creative while designing it."

Secondly, a lot of players wanted more difficult/challenging content which required people in a group to have invested time into their job. However, if we are going back to content that can't be beaten, then why waste my time on it. Please tell me which content can't be beaten so I don't spend time banging my head against the wall.

This attitude does not bode well for the expansion coming up. It may be time to get out of FFXI, if the designers have no creativity left and we are rolling the game back to where it was 6 years ago. A lot of my friends have moved on to other games. Perhaps it's time to join them. Very sad, S/E.
    (4)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Er, but AV WAS beaten, eventually.
    Yeah, with exploits. It wasn't until Perfect Defense and level cap raise that SE gave in and let us have AV kills. A group of DRKs with KCs etc took it down once upon a time which was fair and square and they answered with a nerf. I still would hardly call it a victory because it just skipped any strategy to winning for a zerg. I mean zergs count imho but they didn't do anything special other than have enough members with DRK jobs and KCs etc to pull it off which isn't an easy task in the least.

So, yeah, it was never really beaten fair and square when we were at 75 for like 5 or 6 years or whatever. That's because the devs made it impossible regardless of all the work that went into locking 2 hours, all it took was meteors launched up your ass to finish the fight once and for all. We all assumed there was a way to lock meteor. Hell rumor was the japanese figured it out and even had drops to show for it but last I recall they never shared shit with the rest of the world outside of that one group that supposedly did it. Maybe our BGian friends can comment further on that but I really think even they have better things to do than care about AV anymore.

I really think this isn't AV/PW related, though. I understood what they are saying. I just think they're going about it the wrong way because like one group settling down to take care of business is a far cry from the entire population of this game. Even CoP had more than a group of players getting through content and it in it's original form was widely regarded to be hard as frick. More CoP, and less of The Halls of whatever.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I remember everyone crying over the uko and victory smite nerf... guess what!
    war and mnk still on the top of the food chain this thou might be diff for smn and sch.

There is much much bigger problem atm, In short the game didn't scale well to 99 from 75.
    Yes I know the game wasn't very balanced either at 75 but look at it now.
    When was the last time a brd cast ballad? When was the last time rdm cast refresh (when was the last time someone even saw a rdm). When was the last time a pld main tanked the big boss and not play mr/mrs hold the adds.
    When was the last time a thf did SATAWS for hate control. When was the last time enfeebling magic mattered.
    Core game mechanics that used to exist, no longer (mp management,hate control, dedicated tanking, debuffing)
    While everything else in the game moved forward those long time staples kinda fell behind.
    This is much bigger than just PD or embrava.

PS doesn't help that everything SE adds is a 20-30 min timed event as of late *NNI legion meebles* forwarding the notion of zerging
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Ok we get it, stunning is hard and requires skill. Oh man. You confirm what I said about pseudo elitism. After the nerf all legion alliance will have to take 2+ WHM, 2+ BRD, there will be much less room for SCH. Trust me you'll go back to PD. I think the new COR 2H will make people use more astral flow actually assuming it works on SP1.
    I didn't say it was hard. I just said its more complicated than Using a 2hour.

But, I shouldn't be surprised by how easily you fly off the handle and exaggerate.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 11-18-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post

* legion is a trap to catch pseudo elitist players formerly from HNMs ( the same that systematically claimed that the last tier VW mobs were not beatable by gimps), where 99% of the gear is subpar or extremly unlikely to get (HQ abjuration with max augment say), and even then if you have it not many don't suck.
    * the real goal of legion is to provide servers with material for crafters to reach 110 skill, which they admitted in a recent post. Its secondary goal is to allow WHMs all over the server and BLM to get arise/meteor for cheap.

They were dumb enough to let the (imo) only good piece from legion be sold at the AH (aka duplus grip) for cheap.
    Guess those Esper Earrings, Ngen Seraweels, Wrathwing Nails, Wurrakatte Boots, Maniacus Sashes, and Striga Crowns (along with the Duplus Grips, Meteors/Arises and Huginn/Khepri/Iaso abjurations you cited) are hardly worth a 30 minute event for people who have long since capped out on other events. Not to mention the alternative to mind-numbing gil farming (lord knows why some Legion point items sell on the AH but they do). Perhaps we should just sit and watch our Moogle spin in between selling Marrows, and wait a year for the next expansion.

There is no trap here. There is only an alternative game activity to farming one's 8th Empyrean/Relic, farming one's 200th ADL or killing one's 900th VW mob. And a way to make those final tweaks to jobs. It's also fun, and a rare example of an event that gets the blood racing in a game where nearly everything else induces comas or can be steamrolled. Can you truly not sympathize with any of this?
    (6)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 11-18-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's also fun, and a rare example of an event that gets the blood racing in a game where nearly everything else induces comas or can be steamrolled. Can you truly not sympathize with any of this?
    Ehh I kinda agree with most of what you said except this. Legion is steamrolled just like everything else. Instead of PD spammage you use Embrava and a few SCH/BLM's stun locking the NM's so they don't get any of their moved off. The strategies are essentially the same, you deny the target any offensive capability while having a group of highly buffed melee's zerg it down. The hardest part of legion is the complex invite / drops that need to be orchestrated to save as much time as possible. That and the SCH's being really good at timing their stuns.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Stunning is hard guys, legion elitism. It's pretty pathetic, especially after SE explicitely stated you needed to farm other endgame to win. Imo they made this post just to revive some interest for legion because they clearly see it's a fiasco. A fiasco on which the crafting system expansion is entirely dependant. Double fail. Here is the situation of the good gear distribution atm.

50% : Abyssea.
    10% : VW for some jobs and situationnally side grades for AF3+2.
    10% : nyzul same as above.
    10% : dynamis
    20% : Other sources (AH meeble ..)
    1% : legion.

No SE, you will not trick us. People don't do legion not because it's "hard" but because there is nothing to get out of it.
    (2)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 11-18-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    For DNC, Legion offers Khepri head/body and Pugiunculus. It also drops the mats you need to make Khepri legs and the Honors you need to augment all the Khepri gear. If you restrict it to things that you can obtain specifically from Legion and not from the AH, I'd say it offers Khepri head and Pugiunculus.

For SMN, Legion offers Esper Earring and Ngen Seraweels.

For WAR, Legion offers Kumarbi's Akar (Regen set) and C.Feet. It is also the major source of Ormolu ingots and the only source of Honors.

These lists are very short and often buyable. As a gil source, I pulled in about 4~5mil average per 2 hour Legion run, which is good for people that don't want to farm ADL. If other groups on my server were better at Legion, I wouldn't make nearly as much gil. Still, is this *that* bad when compared against a level 75 standard? What were the lists for all of the Ground HNM scene like at 75?

WAR - E.body, Ridill (when people wanted Ridill)
    MNK - Black Belt
    THF - N.head, N.legs
    PLD - Nothing
    BLM+RDM - Zenith Mitts (also could get from Genbu) and maybe Dalmatica before Salvage?
    WHM - Nothing
    SAM - Nothing
    RNG - Nothing
    etc.

Compared to that, Legion is super rewarding.
    (4)

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast