Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Most of us already guessed that I'm sure, based on things like Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden pre-nerf.

But to actually hear it straight from the horse's mouth is still mindblowing in a way. Like, this is what some people actually believe. Wow
    You know impossible to beat mobs exsist in other games, HOWEVER the only point in trying (and possibly succeeding) is purely for bragging rights, that said those types of mobs rarely have good drops, THEY ARE PURELY FOR CHALLENGE making impossible to beat content with rewards is ASININE.

I had been floundering on whether to actually quit quit or just log in every now and then but this really peeved me off, my LOWMAN linkshell has fallen apart due to RL, now i find out that shit is impossible not because of poor design but because of acceptable poor design choices -.- i'm out.
    (13)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Simple changes to NNI that would make it take longer to obtain while still giving players a good feeling of progress:

Clear floor 20 = NQ gear
    NQ gear and KI from level 40 clear = +1
    +1 and KI from level 60 clear = +2
    And so on.
    I just came up with a legit reason to waste time getting the NQ/+1/+2/+3 versions of NNI gear. Because let's face it people aren't looking at those sets and seeing "if I get those getting higher clears will be easier" because NNI is reliant heavily on luck far more than skill or gear.

Bump the time to 45 minutes or just increase the jump range to something like 5-9 and that heavily reliant on luck factor gets toned down and allows for skill/gear to make a bigger difference.

As to legion if you want it to reward the most hardcore players then maybe if you gave a body like this:

DEF:70 STR+16 Attack+5%
    "Mag. Atk."+7 "Store TP"+6 "Dbl. Atk."+3
    Increases weapon skill damage
    Set: Increases STR, VIT, INT, MND

Instead of this:

DEF:79 HP+50 MP+50 STR+13
    VIT+13 Attack+23 Damage taken -7%
    Magic Defense Bonus+5~6

You just killed off Phorcys korazin but getting that is easier than clearing Legion so it becomes a stepping stone to epic gear. At that point there might be a large enough desire to spam legion. I mean Huginn haubert isn't even a side-grade for anything.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zagen; 11-16-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Character
    Onihavoc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Instead, we would like players to collect better gear from slightly easier content [/COLOR]
    Waste hours getting gear just so we have a chance to waste hours replacing it? What a way to waste time.
    (13)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Of course, that's not the case, but the development team does believe it's okay to have content that cannot be beat.

We would like you all to be somewhat aware of where the lines have been drawn for highly difficult content.
    What is the point in drawing a line if nobody can reach it? Oh yeah...SEs proverbial stick and carrot. Good to know SE is in the business of creating content that nobody can beat and can't implement simple things such as non-augmented relic tickets. Way to focus your energy where it's needed.

Nothing personal against you, Camate but it seems like every dev response we get lately is an excuse on why they can't let their player base have fun and feel the need to make everything so mind-numbingly dull and miserable to complete.
    (16)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Quote Originally Posted by OniHavoc View Post
    Waste hours getting gear just so we have a chance to waste hours replacing it? What a way to waste time.
    What you said by definition is an MMO.

Its what you signed up for. Getting armor you'll eventually replace. Thats how it works in every MMO ever.

Are we in such a delusion state we've gone mad now and actually begin to agree with things like this? Jesus, Next thing you know people with be b*tching that this game has to be played online.
    (16)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    So... The Dev team wants us to have a challenge. That is okay, but there is a huge difference between a challenge with adequate awards, and rending jobs useless. By changing the mechanics of the game, sure we will be challenged, but more adversely two jobs are essentially getting their best attributes taken away. I've been playing sense NA release... and this seems to happen every time we as the players find a way to use the mechanics of the game to our advantage. It saddens me greatly that the game has fallen as far as it has. Maybe it is time to get a new dev team, we have a new project manager. At the rate this team is going, unless the new expansion is something that renders everyone speechless, FFXI will fade away. There are plenty of games that one can play that are FREE that have just as good if not better customer support, Devs, and content. One of the huge advantages that FFXI has over all these other games is the history and the fan base it draws on. As several people have mentioned in this thread that the gear from the new content is not worth the risk, they are partially correct. Everyone has their own style of play, but honestly not everyone has the skill to do the events. Does this mean that those players should have to go with out the good gear? What if someone falls in with a lower skill crowd, and can't get in to a higher skill group because those who normally have the higher skills tend to stick together and not include new people. The dev team has basically just given every casual player the middle finger. WAY TO GO TEAM! This sure is how you get people to stick around and pay you money every month. Tell them "well because you don't have the skills you can't do this."
    No, they give every hardcore middle finger, not casual. It's perfectly FINE if you don't have the skill/gear to beat certain content.
    Out of ALL the game content atm, only legion is harder content. Every content is for casual and very easy. So if you're casual, you got plenty of content to play with. And I'm against the idea of every content being casual, because once every content is beaten, ppl quit. There should be at least 1 content that's hard.

So why casual so unhappy? You got easy Nyzul, easy dyna, easy limbus, easy meeble, easy abyssea and easy VW. And majority of gears from those event are very good.

Why is it a problem that "lower skilled" player can't get into a "higher skill" group? It's more of fundemental mechanic of human society than game design. Irl ppl group with like minded ppl with similar background, make friends with like minded ppl too. If you're rich and educated, you make friends and work with rich and educated. If you're poor and not well educated, you make friends and work with same group of ppl too. That's just the way it goes, no matter where you are, in game or irl. If you're "lower skill crowd", want to be in "higher skill crowd" group, want them to accept you, then improve skill and become one of them? Or deal with it.

Same goes irl too, ppl like lawer, doctors don't make friends with a 7-11 cashier or street person, if you want to make friends with lawyer/doctor, try to be a lawyer/doctor, or don't make friend with them, simple.

However, the problem with harder content is that the reward isn't as attractive as easy options. If you log on to the game now, 95% of player are doing nyzul for nyzul gear, abyssea for abyssea gears, meeble for meeble gears or just farming dyna for relic. Those content is less effort with better reward. Legion is really for those who've done everything from everywhere else. And the population that really want to do it regularly, is pretty small.

This is sad, really, like a middle finger to none-casual players.

My suggestion is to add some sort of cross server group search function for 18~36 person endgame event like this, or allow ppl to team up cross server. Or just straight add super epic reward in legion to keep ppl around, so ppl don't just quit and left the group when they got Mul clear. Atm there are like 0 incentives for ppl to keep doing Mul after clear depending on your job.
    (1)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I love this debate SE has with it's player base.

Catering to only one type of player divides your player base making the game a little less social and the ones you excluded one step closer to quitting.

Honestly, there really is no harm in making different difficultly mode for different events so that we can all play the small amount of new content you put out each month.

Example...
    Easy mode NNI (random 5-15 jump but floor 100 doesn't give KI (so only drops 1-3 random peices))
    Easy mode(12 man) Legion (mob lose 50% hp and drops rates are halved)

Really, it isn't that hard and it's a nice way for newer player to get to learn events and eventually get to the more rewarding hard mode and of course the hardcore players still get everything first cause they started on hard mode.

Either way, whatever, if you wanna split content into casual/hardcore i'm sure each player base loves paying $70 for the one peice of content you give because you've decided it's ok to excluded them. /longsigh

as a side note : it was fine to exclude player when SE acully added things like
    Campaign at the same time as Fomor kings
    New jobs/Missions at the same time as Dyna/Limbus/Salvage
    because there was always something to do but now when content comes out lets hope SE decide your the lucky one that it's designed for or you'll have another 3 month+ wait to the next peice.
    (12)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 11-16-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Greetings,

Ever since the announcement about the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava, there have been a lot of comments and feedback regarding content difficulty. Including comments from many of you that feel like the development team is creating content that they don't want you to beat.

Of course, that's not the case, but the development team does believe it's okay to have content that cannot be beat.

When it comes to content like Legion and Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey floor 100, they were designed to be difficult without very good gear and a high skill level. As a result, those players who do not meet a certain level will have trouble clearing this content; however, that is the context of their difficulty. The development team believes that the rewards obtainable from such difficult content should only be available to a portion of players. (Based on the stats, not everyone will be able to possess it.)

It would be hard to call it very difficult content if just anyone was able to beat it.
    (Frankly, the Hall of Mul is extremely, extremely difficult. However, we saw one group of players who went all out and challenge it and we were all relieved.)

With that said, we will not be lowering the difficulty because there are people who feel that the battle is too difficult. Instead, we would like players to collect better gear from slightly easier content, work out a battle strategies, and rise to the challenge.

Of course, because of this, there will be a need to help players gradually strengthen themselves and have a wide selection of moderate content to choose from, so we would like to do our best to fill that need.

Whether or not something is difficult varies from person to person, and this is where a lot of discrepancies arise, but when creating content we need to draw a line somewhere and balance things. We would like you all to be somewhat aware of where the lines have been drawn for highly difficult content.

*In the future, we will look into revamping the difficulty of older content when higher-tier content is added.

Another Lightning rod has arrived.

> "very good gear and a high skill level"
    Is part of that "very good gear" third-party programs is part of that "skill" the ability, willingness, and proficiency in using them?

> You are aware it is a difficult event and also aware of how one needs to win.
    Meaning get windower use bots or get the fuck out of OUR game, if you wish to play like a pussy you then must learn Japanese move to Japan and play on a ps2 so you don't waste the precious resources of the NA & EU servers.

I also have a couple questions for the Dev's:

1. Is Windower in fact since you seem to not only be aware (hell most posters here blatantly show it off in their signatures! and a good number have entered the MH contest) but allow it now rather then just sweep it under a rug. So does this mean that now is Windower allowed to be used? and with that is it an absolute necessity in order to be "The best with the best gear"? and what about bots? there's even more than there used to be now, RMT FC's...RMT thats another, sure you nerfed the chocobo blinkers which greatly upset many players, but very quickly the RMT FC's came back around with even more gil laundering!

2. What is the concept of "having fun" in this game? from what I seen its content denile, harassment, and making entire topics on your favorite forum dedicated to calling out the "Gimp & wtf" players. To make anyone not the the holier than thou lords and masters quit because they are a waste of resources.

Non-Windower players have no place in Neo-Nyzul -- and it appears Camate is admitting this.

Bring RMT onto the table. Is the entire existence of the STF, then, a farce designed to, as 2.1 does, hold back players with morals and a conscience from any degree of reasoned success in the game?

Hence: Should RMT, on a limited scale, be legal?

It's clearly how some of these players not only advance, but also make a good coin RL, in the game.

It is refreshing to see Camate admit effectively (whether he admits to the admission) what I've believed (and have also believed farcical): That it is acceptable (and I believe it being done) to make content designed to be effectively impossible under the User Agreement.

Now, the question: Is the User Agreement simply an Animal Farm scenario? All are equal, some more equal than others?

Don't worry, I know what the out come of this will be, your buddies at BG will laugh and circle jerk at my "pitiful" attempt to crusade or whatever I guess I gave them some more lulz, right? And some of em may recognize some things I have copypasta'd here too.

I know a ban from here is likely and quite frankly I don't care, I only came here to put my 2 cents in.

Also Camate....do you realize BG is nothing but backstabbing? Though you kissed and patted their butts during the Vanafest they still continue to denounce most things you say that they do not agree with? and no doubt called you a gimp player cause of your gear during those little test server events? along with saying you have no clue how to play the "proper" way?

Want this whole statement in a nutshell? What is a legitimate player? because I forgot it.

So long and good night.
    (10)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, its nice to see the bald faced contempt the devs have for their playerbase. Emulating the success of Abyssea? Perish the thought. Lets make new content so difficult people will quit.
    (13)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The development team believes that the rewards obtainable from such difficult content should only be available to a portion of players. (Based on the stats, not everyone will be able to possess it.)
    Summary
    To the all the people that paid for new content, sorry but it's designed to exclude 80% of our paying customers, but please wait 3 months and hope we include you next time.

Least it's nice for the dev team to come out and say that they will do w/e they please with our money rather than, lie or design content that everyone can enjoy.
    (17)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast