Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    I actually... Kinda agree with them here. They don't want people to just hop out of Abyssea, Skills uncapped in full Perle/Aurore/Teal being able to win all the contents. Its just not logical or reasonable to assume. Its an MMO, with that territory comes the absolute knowledge if your ass wants anything good, You'll need to invest time in it. If you don't like investing time in the game and think you should be able to take on the world in crap-tier gear, You're in the wrong genre. Any good reasonable MMO has a gear check, Its what actually keeps people working for that next tier of gear.

Their only flaw in logic is that well, 99% of Legion armor is crap-tier, so the event is meaningless... And that Luck based content is not okay. Not even a little bit. If you get the best bros ever together and they have the best gear and communication, They should have an extremely high win rate, It should not be 50% Skill/ 50% Roll of the dice in events. Some amount of luck could be interesting, But such a severe amount of luck involved makes it unfun, and any strategy you may have come up with without the luck based factor, just becomes "ZERG ALL THE MOBS". Its simple. The more luck you include, The more Simple the Strategies become, Hence, Zergs on ADL and the Zergs/Rush in NNI.

If you throw in a "F*ck you" Button to a mob, People will adapt the strategy "Kill it before it kills us" because dealing with the luck factor is not worth the planning, Especially when that "F*ck you" button is a 30' Range AoE Death.

Over all, Long story short, I agree with their Idea "Gear Progression Bro, Perle to Emp+2, to Phorcys!", But its kinda like going from Volume 1, Volume 3, Volume 11!!!!(BRRRRZZZT) in that regard, and while I cannot and will not say NNI Gear is "Sidegrade" because its not, Even to the Almighty Master Monk Race... Its true that Empyrean+2 Armor is very solid for most jobs. Even as a THF I still wear my Empyrean+2 Head, and my Hands and Feet still get use. I admit my Body and Legs are floating away due to Thaumus though.

I think that, The content in the future needs to include the same level of Gear checks, But a lot less luck. Content absolutely should not be doable by any group of Perle Beasts, It just shouldn't. You're investing time into an MMO, With that territory, with that Game Type, Comes the fact that there will be gear checks. If you could jump out of Abyssea in your Aurore and tackle all the content, No one would play, because it would be boring, None of the gear you were collectin would have meaning. So we have to accept that Gear Checks will keep us seeking better gear...

But again, Drop the Luck factor entirely, or at least severely reduce Lucks role in the games Future Content. Please. Its not good and we don't want or need it.
    (11)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 11-16-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    the development team does believe it's okay to have content that cannot be beat.
    I couldn't formulate a response to this that would not get deleted for profanity etc., so I'll come back later and edit this.

The amount of disrespect that you guys display for your customers is frankly appalling.
    (37)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 11-16-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Problem is gear check does not exist. There is no clear gear progression post abbysssea, mostly sidegrade and situatioal gear/ If you compare level 75 cap gear to level 90 cap there was something like 25~50% improvement on gear efficiency. then suddenly crap tier upgrades from 90-99. Abbysea gear is for the most par level 85 cap gear lol and still good, while not the best.
    (4)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    When a universal strategy that we have employed to beat high end content is nerfed, it's natural for this type of reaction from the playerbase. Square Enix is essentially blaming us for using Perfect Defense and Embrava for the way it was intended to be used from their inception.

I find this tone from the development team distasteful and disrespectful. The game's population is overwhelmingly casual and older, so being ok with content that cannot be beaten and/or exceedingly difficult is, in my opinion, the wrong direction.
    (27)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Player
    When it comes to content like Legion and Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey floor 100, they were designed to be difficult without very good gear and a high skill level. As a result, those players who do not meet a certain level will have trouble clearing this content; however, that is the context of their difficulty. The development team believes that the rewards obtainable from such difficult content should only be available to a portion of players. (Based on the stats, not everyone will be able to possess it.)
    If this is the case, why is so much of the stuff from Legion so useless?

That's not to say there aren't a few great things falling out of the Hall of Mul, but even there, there's also some junk.
    (7)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Meh, Seekers of Adoulin will come out with gear that will be on par with Nyzul Uncharted/Legion gear anyway.

Wait. Waaaait a minute. I'm watching a sharp decrease in subscribers right now. No, I'm serious, it's actually happening. You might want to make some Intermediate content between Abyssea/Voidwatch and Legion/Nyzul Uncharted. ASAP.

and no, Arch-Omega/Ultima & Arch-Odin don't really count as intermediate. <_<
    (6)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 11-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Character
    Istabpeople
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Greetings,

Of course, that's not the case, but the development team does believe it's okay to have content that cannot be beat.

balance

*In the future, we will look into revamping the difficulty of older content when higher-tier content is added.
    Anyone else feel the need to Google Translate Camate's Google translation?
    (2)

Character
    Istabpeople
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Also speaking of things that cannot be accomplished, 110 goldsmithing says 'Hi'
    (2)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Greetings,

Ever since the announcement about the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava, there have been a lot of comments and feedback regarding content difficulty. Including comments from many of you that feel like the development team is creating content that they don't want you to beat.

Of course, that's not the case, but the development team does believe it's okay to have content that cannot be beat.

When it comes to content like Legion and Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey floor 100, they were designed to be difficult without very good gear and a high skill level. As a result, those players who do not meet a certain level will have trouble clearing this content; however, that is the context of their difficulty. The development team believes that the rewards obtainable from such difficult content should only be available to a portion of players. (Based on the stats, not everyone will be able to possess it.)

It would be hard to call it very difficult content if just anyone was able to beat it.
    (Frankly, the Hall of Mul is extremely, extremely difficult. However, we saw one group of players who went all out and challenge it and we were all relieved.)

With that said, we will not be lowering the difficulty because there are people who feel that the battle is too difficult. Instead, we would like players to collect better gear from slightly easier content, work out a battle strategies, and rise to the challenge.

Of course, because of this, there will be a need to help players gradually strengthen themselves and have a wide selection of moderate content to choose from, so we would like to do our best to fill that need.

Whether or not something is difficult varies from person to person, and this is where a lot of discrepancies arise, but when creating content we need to draw a line somewhere and balance things. We would like you all to be somewhat aware of where the lines have been drawn for highly difficult content.

*In the future, we will look into revamping the difficulty of older content when higher-tier content is added.
    We have gotten to wave 3 of Botolus rex and Iga lima several times. So far the loot we got was not that good, most of us just get points to sell the items from Legion npc since there really is nothing that game breaking in Legion. In my personal opinion if this is gonna be tough then atleast make it drop items that are actually worth it.
    (6)

Hope the devs realize they need to create content faster then the current snails pace if they expect to maintain a base of subscribers beyond the incredibly small cluster of people they are apparently catering end game events too. Like others said, there is no middle ground. It's pretty astounding how well the devs screw up in the eyes of their player base, and so consistently. I mean, why is there such a limit on meebles? Its a 15 minute event ffs, why can you only do it so infrequently? How long do you expect people to do VW and abyssea? A lot of people I know have fully geared upwards of 5-6 jobs by now through that content. People are leveling jobs they dont even want to play just to try Legion and Neo Nyzul because it's so restrictive strategically. Essentially, wtf are people supposed to do otherwise?

And btw, we have 18+ skilled and well geared people showing up for legion every week, and its still a ridiculously unforgiving event. There is a difference between challenging and arbitrarily difficult, and legion and neo nyzul both fall into the latter.
    (7)

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast