Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    I was hopeful for the direction of ffxi with a new director. After all this recent dev feedback...I am no longer hopeful.
    Yeah I was sort of fearful that in Japan it might be considered respectful to a former "successful" leader to stay close to his design after you replace him. I might have been right.
    (5)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I like everything they are doing. Their pace isn't ideal, but I'm sure neither is their staffing. Letting everyone finish Neo because they made it too easy for a patch, only hurts people that weren't there at the time. Then what do you do about all the 'hard earned' gear that acquired too easily. I'd rather it be too hard than not hard enough, this game isn't exactly difficult. They are tweaking, and honestly, I'd rather see continual progress that takes a little too long than not enough time. People are going to complain, regardless.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

As there has been a large amount of feedback and requests to make direct adjustments to end-game content, and there is also a concern that making changes to Powder Boots before seeing the results of content adjustments could cause separate issues to arise, the development team has decided that they will not be making adjustments to Powder Boots to enable all jobs to equip them in the next version update.

With that said, we will first be making adjustments to content, and based on what we see from that we will look into whether more content adjustments are needed, if Powder Boots should be changed after all, or if jobs need to be addressed.
    I absolutely failed to see how adding every job to Powder Boots would do anything bad at all. And your crafters would love you for it. And at least here on the English forum (and specifially this thread), I do not see ANYONE even is against adding every job to the boots at all. So is this another one of those things where the JP community doesn't wants is so we're now not going to get it?

I know that you dont know the answer but really what is the rationale behind this change of heart from the dev?
    (6)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that everyone everywhere would like to see this change happen. They probably aren't doing it because they don't want every job to have access to near-permanent Flee in case it can be abused in the future.
    (4)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    With that said, we will first be making adjustments to content, and based on what we see from that we will look into whether more content adjustments are needed, if Powder Boots should be changed after all, or if jobs need to be addressed.
    I think this is good if it means they're going to look into why we feel we need Powder Boots (or illegal alternatives) for Nyzul Uncharted in the first place. Adjusting Powder Boots would just be a band-aid where extensive surgery is needed.
    (8)

Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    27 pages of feedback and yet they still don't get it. We need the monsters ability to one shot everyone removed. I am all in favour of an embrava and pd nerf but only if EVERY piece of content is adjusted properly and accordingly.

Sadly SMN really has nothing left for it anymore.
    (5)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahlum View Post
    27 pages of feedback and yet they still don't get it. We need the monsters ability to one shot everyone removed. I am all in favour of an embrava and pd nerf but only if EVERY piece of content is adjusted properly and accordingly.

Sadly SMN really has nothing left for it anymore.
    I've stated it several times already, monsters offensive power has grown in disproportion to our defensive power since level 50. We were able to keep up for awhile, but since 80+ we simply don't have enough HP to soak up their damage.

As for SMN, SMN still has many viable options, only Abyssea leveled mules were PD onry. SMN has shock squall, various support options, the ability to dish out hate-free damage from a distance and the ability to semi-tank things (really holding stuff). To do all that stuff the player really needs good gear sets and capped skill.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I've stated it several times already, monsters offensive power has grown in disproportion to our defensive power since level 50. We were able to keep up for awhile, but since 80+ we simply don't have enough HP to soak up their damage.
    It's almost as though they think we always have Abyssea levels of HP. Either that or they want 9 fights out of 10 to end in an unavoidable wipe. Neither would surprise me.
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    It's almost as though they think we always have Abyssea levels of HP. Either that or they want 9 fights out of 10 to end in an unavoidable wipe. Neither would surprise me.
    We also do not have any sort of buffs on these wide scaled events like Legion and ADL. No atmacite or boons. And yes, 27 pages, still DO NOT get it, still did not do what we asked them to. At least meeble burrow is somewhat decent, good activities for casual. But overall, big disappointment indeed.
    (1)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    In my opinion to this HP issue, I have always said when we meritted hp or mp it should be 1st merit = 10 2nd 20 3rd 30 4th 40 etc.. then at say cap you have well over an additional 1k hp and since Legion has a few monsters that do 200-1200 damage on a hit this lets you live a little longer to get a cure on you.
    (0)

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast