Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    im glad about these nerfs actually. Its always annoyed me how some strats develop. Ppl find that one exploit, and abuse it to hell. And it leave ppl unable (or unwilling) to try any other methods. Its rather annoying.
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Honestly if we end up getting regain on the new gear I'll call this nerf a win.

I'm going to ask the devs if they think that :

F100 nyzul is winnable without the current embrava and if so, at what % chance ?
    Arch dynamis lord is killable without Perfect defense (present or future) and if so at what winnaning rate and with what realistic setup ?
    Legion is killable at which rate without PD or embrava ?
    Odin ?

Serious question, because we, the player base, are thinking you are checking what we do without doing it yourself in the first place. The miserable end of Nyzul II is a great example.

I also would like to point out that anything that requires more than 2 people is useless on the TEST server. You guys might as well read the comment here instead. Last thing you did were nyzul, and legion : did you really think we could evaluate or test this crap when getting past F20 solo is unlikely or killing just one legion mob is impossible ? All I can say is all this blurb is useless, just put the ajustement next or don't put it.
    (2)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 10-28-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    im glad about these nerfs actually. Its always annoyed me how some strats develop. Ppl find that one exploit, and abuse it to hell. And it leave ppl unable (or unwilling) to try any other methods. Its rather annoying.
    When has it ever not been that way, and what makes you think it's going to be any different now? People will always take the path of least resistance. There will always be a single best, most efficient strategy for victory and that will invariably become the only method that's used. You really think SE will design events and mobs where there's a multitude of paths to success? You think they're going to create events where DOT and kite, tank n' spank, zerg, and other strategies are all valid options against the same opponents? How would that even work exactly?
    (6)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Nothing is stopping you from trying other methods. The problem is those methods don't work. It's not a playerbase problem, it's a SE problem. They design everything to be a zerg along with giving us max range 1000+ damage AoE nms with crazy debuffs. Now they have nerfed our abilities, but not the monsters (-10% hp is not enough.)
    (12)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It's not really an exploit when some events are unwinnable without them. Sure they needed dumbing down a bit, but to make embrava useless was the wrong thing to do.
    (9)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Maybe there was an over-reliance on PD. On Embrava. But as Legion currently stands, isn't there an over-reliance on Stun? The concept is still the same. It's not about surviving or mitigating damage or curing yourself quickly. It's about making sure you don't get hit by it at all. Yes, you can still survive some moves in your -DT sets, but the debuffs oh those debuffs. If it's not all stat down it's weakness. Or death prophet! Make a stun resisty mob that insta-kills! In an event where you have to kill waves of mobs in 30 minutes.

Nerf PD and Embrava fine, but please come with a more appropriate nerf to the content. The TP moves are not all bad, but many are too devastating to handle reasonably.
    (6)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Now that I think about it, I feel there's more to it with why replacing Regain to Refresh effect from Embrava instead of just lowering it's potency of Regain is irrelevant. even though they stack with Refresh/Refresh II so it's great and more MP recovered for other mages. However this would only end up as a spell that's only for mages, and a useless novelty/cosmetic spell for DDs. (whatever you want to call it). I would rather have the spell Refresh from /RDM than having that and the refresh effect from embrava. Not to mention, that the spell refresh lasts 1 minute longer than the newly adjusted duration of Embrava. And to add that a RDM main in the party has refresh 2 for a reason, plus there's bards there for ballad, that's plenty refresh. Also, there's even alot of very high-level gear that has refresh, but I don't see any that has more than +1 tick Refresh, and not even savant's gown +2 in the slightest has the same refresh effect like all the other empyrean bodies.

Let's look at the differences between Pre-Nerf Embrava and Post-Nerf Embrava. Pre-Nerf, Embrava gave TP to every job that could perform Weapon skills, especially mages and Rangers (Which I will come back to).
    Post-Nerf, with Embrava being restricted to only a Mage-Only support spell, the team therefore has eliminated the capabilities of allowing even mages to weapon skill (especially for procing weapon skills like Hexa Strike). This made a huge negative impact to DDs, But to Rangers they got hit even more, because haste doesn't affect their ranged attacks, refresh has absolutely no effect for them. So in DD's case, Embrava is nothing more than just another Regen spell, nothing more.
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So basically they refuse to listen to our feedback. Why even bother asking us in the first place. If you check the japan forum and use google translate you will see that they too are not thrilled with this update, but seems like nothing is going to be done to the overwhelming negative response. You know what to do, vote with your actions, not with your words.
    (7)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 10-28-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    They really just don't seem to be understanding exactly what is wrong and why an HP reduction on the NMs is not sufficient balance.

The fact that the NMs in question have such devastating attacks that wipe you from existence is the problem. If you reduce the HP of the enemy, that does not solve this problem.

I'm sure just about everyone would rather the NM's keep their current HP and instead have adjustments made to the soul obliterating TP moves that caused PD and Embrava to even become as necessary as they have.

By all means, PD and Embrava need to be nerfed, but if this is how you insist on doing it, then you need to properly adjust the battles as well.

And, in all seriousness, does the dev team even play/test this stuff or are they arbitrary adjustments based on what they may have seen on Youtube?
    (4)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The problem is so many fold it's dumb

1. Tanks can't tank cause of the failed enmity system.
    2. DDs can't hold back for tanks cause SE uses timer on all content.
    3. Meaning the ONLY way we can kill mobs is avoiding dmg all together.

Which has lead to Stun or Die gameplay SE had created.

SE fixed this with Perfect Defense and Fanatics drinks.

The messed up thing is that SE can't fix it anymore without a huge overhaul.

Step one - Fix hate system
    Step two - Adjust AoE DMG so that all but main target take alot less DMG
    Step three - Adjust all content so that you don't have to zerg everything cause of a timer.
    Step four - Adjust Aegis and Ochain since PLD is near invincible now and the ones with out may as well quit PLD or work on Aegis and Ochain

Then after these things then they should consider nerfing or removing Embrava/Perfect Denfense.

It's pretty amazing that all this (in my opinion) comes from the fed up hate system meaning the only way we could complete there content is by being near invincible but ofc cause PD was in the game that was ok.
    (13)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 10-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast