Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'd be interested in their thought process on this change, what do they think we use Embrava for, or expect us to use it for?
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Next, keep in mind that these adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava were made with the idea that all special abilities’ cool down timers will be shortened.
    that makes no sense at all.

"here take this ability, it's no longer usefull, but now in 2h you can fail 2-4 times instead of winning once"
    (9)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet View Post
    My Idea, which may not be very popular, How about completely change Embrava's effect, and scale the spells that it emulates? I.E. let the original haste spell scale up with enhancing magic skill, same with adloquiem, heck, scale refresh and refresh 2 while your at it. My whole problem with Embrava from when it originally came out was it made Rdm obsolete as a buffer. I say use this opportunity and give the buffing power back where it belongs. While I'm at it, here's an idea to differentiate Rdm single target buffs from AOE buffs: If you want to keep Rdm buffs single target, let them scale up with enhancing magic skill, while keeping AOE buffs at the current level of effectiveness.

As for the new Embrava effect, how about a boost to critical hit rate and critical hit damage + critical magic hit rate and critical magic damage? Personally, given the name Embrava, which reminds me of Brave, seems to me this would be a better effect. If that isn't enough, throw on a status effect prevention effect, and a bar-element boost as well.

And before anyone attacks me for turning the Embrava issue into a Rdm thread: Barring the eternal Rdm melee arguement, Embrava is what put us mage Rdms out of business. Like I said before, use this opportunity to right past wrongs, please don't make us Rdms even more obsolete by giving Embrava refresh as well.
    Embrava didn't put RDM out of business, addressing the other mage jobs' constant crippling MP shortage as well as making all enfeebles worthless put RDM out of business. We RDMs have no desire to mana-screw other jobs just so we can have our job as Refresh whore back; how about giving us some enfeebles that actually help with mob TP moves instead? You know, like we've been asking for over and over forever?
    (7)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    It's not just ADL, it's Legion also. After the first wave the boss are pretty much ADL style, spamming stupid crazy AoE's while laughing at you.
    And you think the problem is that we don't have enough SMNs that aren't really SMNs instead of that Devs need to make actual content that is enjoyable for their player base? Lots of 2Hs get used/abused in Legion because they are making you boss rush. If it's going to be 18 people spaming 2hs, i'd like it to be less boring, which these changes are going to attempt to do.

If the player base for FFXI is too stupid to figure out how to kill bosses without PD and Embrava for crutches, then maybe they should actually learn how to use their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    Embrava didn't put RDM out of business, addressing the other mage jobs' constant crippling MP shortage as well as making all enfeebles worthless put RDM out of business. We RDMs have no desire to mana-screw other jobs just so we can have our job as Refresh whore back; how about giving us some enfeebles that actually help with mob TP moves instead? You know, like we've been asking for over and over forever?
    I agree and +1'd because refresh was never a RDM issue, it was an issue for every other job that wanted it. That's why we became so popular over night and then so unattractive as soon as that issue was resolved.

I'm in support of what they are doing because both abilities that are getting nerfed because both abilities have boiled SMN and SCH down to a single function that Zerg crazy masses are stuck on. Why try anything else, when we can get a couple of SMNs and SCHs, use them for only 1 thing, and then do whatever content we want? Bunch of magic addicted users that don't want to think.

SE is offering diversity and people are spitting at it because if we have diversity, then we can't just get 'the best' solution to every problem the exact same way every time. If you think a ton of Rag DRKs and WARs that are hopped up on Embrava and PD is the best way to do everything, then you really did miss 90% of the game. It's not like this game is hard, it just requires you not to be a dumb ass and play with people who aren't dumb asses either. Actually play the game, instead of focusing on completing content by any means necessary and maybe people would complain less.
    (4)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 10-26-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Detzu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The Dev team can not have it both ways.

You can not make a useful ability to allow rejected jobs access into an event and then take the ability back when it was the only thing getting said job into the event.

Do you really think after years it is time to adjust perfect defense? SMN is just about the most undesired job in this game without perfect defense. Its buffs are not worth the party spot, its DD is not worth a spot in the party, and besides that it really can not do anything no other job can not fulfill in a party setting.

Once more this returns astral flow to being just about worthless since Odin does worthless damage to NMs 99% of the time. But of course there will be no Odin buff. Astral flow for SMN can just be to kill the IT mob that aggroed you and hope Odin does not miss.

Maybe if you do not want players to rely on a small sect of jobs for a single strategy to do an event over and over again you should not make the monsters capable of going ape sh** and killing people with a single blow.

Do you really think players want to spend the time gathering together for Prov. Watcher to then go lose? What a waste of time is that? No one wants to go through all the previous work to then get to the end for a "sorry try it all again" that is just garbage. People will rely on whatever strategy produces the best results.

Take walk of echos for example. There is a simple reason people all go on pet jobs. You gave the mobs annoying/deadly TP moves. Do you really expect anything else? People want a way around the shenanigans.

YOU, the Dev team have gotten upset time and time again over players not playing the game the way you wish.

We have had

*"Throw more BLM at it"
    Devs: Design around that.

*"Have the tank kite the NM"
    Devs: Enfeebling resistance and draw in.

*"Have the BRD tank because it holds hate"
    Devs: Nerf the enmity on Mazurka

*"Buff a bunch of DRKs to go souleater the NMs"
    Devs: Give mobs souleater resistance.

*"Lets try to kill AV with Modius Veritas since we can not kill it since the souleater nerf"
    Devs: Nerf Modius Veritas back to the stone age.

*"Throw MNKs and WARs at it"
    Devs: Nerf Victory smite and Ukos Furry

*"Embrava so the DDs can be at their strongest and win more"
    Devs: Nerf Embrava

*"This move rips our faces off lets try and provide cover to not rapidly wipe"
    Devs: Nerf Perfect Defense

*"BSTs, the job people do not generally take to group events has a TH one above /THF and four below what a THF can get. Lets go solo Dynamis."
    Devs: Nerf TH lower than if the BST subs THF.

So on and so forth.

Why is it when players find a way to win a harder event you say that is not acceptable and adjust it? Should you guys just put out a list telling us what are acceptable tactics and what are not?

Oh wait, I am sorry. You guys are the ones who put out the "hint" video for how to defeat AV that used RDMs spamming dispel, bind, etc for hate and then nerfed the hate from those spells.

The Dev team is too much.

In the end perfect defense should be just about as long as it is now.

In regards to embrava the durations should not be reduced by more than half the current duration, and either the haste or the regain should stay the same. I would imagine half duration with no regain and the same haste is sufficient a nerf as it is. You have a reputation for taking it too far when players are not winning the way you want them to as it is.
    Since everyone know i'm obsessed with Apoc i can afford it : SE nerfed the haste effect on it. And they nerfed haste status too.
    (1)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I disapprove of giving Scholar a spell source of Refresh. That's the last bit of Red Mage territory that hasn't already been trampled. If you give that away, then what does Red Mage have left?

However, if the developers insist upon adding a Refresh effect to Embrava, then I suggest raising the level on Convert to 50 so that you cannot use it with Red Mage as a support job. Convert was always iconic of Red Mage, and I feel it should have remained exclusive to the job. If the developers were to make such a change, then maybe extra sources of Refresh would be more welcome.
    (6)

Character
    Onimenokyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Camate:
    "Community Rep"

If that title is your job, then represent this community. 100% of the players are against this. This is not a nerf to a job, this is a nerf to the whole game and its players. We do not want this.
    (5)

Player
    /sigh Though I am happy to see SCH get a troll nerf finally. I'll simply say this: Just nerf the ability. Not the enhancements it gets. IE: Lower regain amount, Low time, Heck even lower the haste. But don't destroy a useful ability that is a decent tactic in overcoming some tribulations. Umbral Marrows are already a whole lot of money. Lowering 2 useful tactics for beating him will make the price sky-rocket. Either do that or lower the effectiveness of their TP moves. But alas, Tanaka 2.0 comes into play I guess. As for PD make it last as long as PLD Invincible. Nothing more. Nothing less. I think we can all agree that's fair. So whether you take my advice or not. Up to you. But you guys already pissed off a lot of your fan base nerfing blinkers.
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Embrava is an interpretation on the spell Brave... and Refresh has no role in that regard. If you want to "adjust" Embrava and PD just to keep the unwinnable events unwinnable, at least have honest, logical functions for spells instead of gimping them to save face.

Embrava can afford to lose the Regen effect. However, Embrava should be doing this: Increasing attack speed and increasing attack potency.

So, either keep the Haste+Regain as they are, toss the Regen, and call it a day, OR

Shorten the duration: 4min base (up to 10min with Perp+hands), reduce Haste potency to 30%, increase Attack by 5%, and increase Regain effect to 3tp/tic.

Embrava should be a rediculously potent spell... it requires a 2-hour ability to use it! Even if you reduce 2hr timers to 30min, the ability should still be dramatic.

Anything that reduces Embrava (or PD) further needs to be accompanied by a proportional reduction in the way/frequency mobs use the "I win" button.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I agree with nearly everything the players have said in this thread except for the comments about the final limit break.

I'm sorry, but you NEVER needed perfect defense to win it. Other battles may be unwinnable without PD, but this wasn't one of them.

I'm also severely concerned about the community reps responses so far. I'm not gonna shoot the messanger, but comments like "We'd like specific feedback" when you already have 10 pages worth, even after filtering out all the useless posts, tells me someone along the chain isn't paying attention.
    (5)

Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast