Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We would like to proceed with these adjustments carefully, so we will be looking closely at the feedback we receive. Also, we realize that there are a good amount of people who oppose these changes, but we would appreciate it if you could post specific feedback about what would be the preferred method for going about these changes.
    Embrava
    Reduce che amount tp/tic you get, but keep the Regain in place of Refresh, please.
    Also, base duration should be 120 seconds instead of 90.

I don't have much to complain about the Perfect Defense change.
    Something that needs serious fixing instead is all the other content.
    The reasons why the combination of Embrava, Perfect Defense and other abilities were abused was not because the monster's health was too high, but rather because they have frustrating abilities that one-shot you or seriously make you unable to do anything.
    Too many "cheap" strategies the monsters use to reach a false level of high difficulty in the attempt to counterbalance the existance of powerful combinations of buffs on the players' side.
    If you nerf such mentioned players' abilities, you should fix those monsters "strategies" as well, not their HP wich hardly matters.
    If it's too much work to fix all of those abilities individually, then do a general % reduction to all of their damage.
    Maybe it wouldn't completely solve the problem, but at least it would be better than cutting their health by 10%.

Also, why no fix at all to Provenance Watcher and Arch Dynamis Lord?
    What about adjusting the "??? floors" jump in Nyzul to make it a bit less random, or to make it possible to jump a higher amount of floors if you're lucky? Or to increase the minimum amount of floors you can jump through that command?
    Stuff like this is what's needed to fully compensate for the nerf of Embrava/PerfectDefense and reach a final scenario where things are, hopefully, even more balanced than they were at start.
    (10)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 10-25-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Nerfzilla!! - what I don't understand is why you're changing Embrava from a melee buff to a more mage based one ? We never asked for refresh yet you insist on forcing it upon us ?

How long before you nerf Kaustra just to add insult to injury for Scholars...

You say it's to balance out the game when the new 2 hour abilities are introduced, but to be honest Scholar has a rather pointless substitute. You're in effect killing off this jobs usefulness when it comes to certain content.

But clearly we the people that play the game obviously don't know what we want at all , we will just have to put up with being spoon fed this tripe until we either give up and move on or the development team realise just how unhappy we are with them...
    (4)

Character
    Tinderil
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    SE you f*ck up yet again. Over and over and over again. People spent time to level SCH, to merit SCH, get the gear and augments to get Enhancing skill up enough to be able to do good Embrava, and get into, among other things, Neo Nyzul Isle groups. These are people who DO NOT CHEAT, unlike those who use all 3rd party tools and cheat and hack and sell NNI clears & gears that you do nothing about. Then you nerf it for the honest players. Badly. You just keep annoying your players, seems you really want to f*ck everyone off.

Now that the cheaters/hackers got their gear, you gimp it for everyone else. BRAVO! BRAVO!

It is not the gilsellers who are ruining the game, it is you SE, you and only you.
    (14)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    against ADL, yeah not really, but he's a big FU to us all anyways. He's not a real boss, he has no tactics, he's just better than you, which is why you have to cheat to win. Adjust ADL, adjust content. Get rid of PD and Embrava dragging SMN and SCH along so that they don't get real adjustments. SMN is regarded as boring because all you really ever do is throw PD. You just throw 1 move and then maybe do shock squall rotations. I'd personally like more for SMN. It would be nice if you could use Astral Flow for damage...you know against bosses.
    It's not just ADL, it's Legion also. After the first wave the boss are pretty much ADL style, spamming stupid crazy AoE's while laughing at you.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There are many questions the devs need to ask themselves. What are SMN and SCH supposed to be or do? What is their role? Do they really have one? Is the "hybrid" thing really working out for them (or RDM or DNC)? Do they need to be given a specific or primary role? Are the planned abilities and adjustments really going to make them desired or just leave them in the same spot they are now? What happens when everything is implemented and they're still wallowing around at the bottom of the barrel? Shouldn't the time and effort players have put toward any job be rewarded with the potential for effectiveness?

As for content: What content is supposed to be accessible for which caliber of player? Is there enough for the average player to do? Do players have the tools necessary to have a reasonable chance to succeed? Are players even supposed to be able to succeed? How often? Should luck really be such a strong deciding factor? Are the adjustments made going to improve the players' experience at all or just drag out content for the benefit of the bottom line? Isn't there supposed to be a balance between the two? Are players really going to run the hamster wheel you're building or will they just ignore content or quit altogether?
    (5)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    its funny, its just like the company i work for, i have countless customers tell me they want us to carry a certain item and our headoffice tells us to inform them of such cases and when i do i always get told by them "No customer wants that, we tested it in (insert god awful location with heavy foreign community) and they didn't like it."

Its the same with this game no matter what we tell SE what we the people probably keep their company afloat they turn around and tell us that isn't want we the people want.

How about you spend all this time and energy into getting rid of the RMT that blatantly walks around towns in trains of stands in zones and only moves when the NM they want is up and "instantly" are able to claim it and pull back even up mountain sides.
    (4)

Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    My Idea, which may not be very popular, How about completely change Embrava's effect, and scale the spells that it emulates? I.E. let the original haste spell scale up with enhancing magic skill, same with adloquiem, heck, scale refresh and refresh 2 while your at it. My whole problem with Embrava from when it originally came out was it made Rdm obsolete as a buffer. I say use this opportunity and give the buffing power back where it belongs. While I'm at it, here's an idea to differentiate Rdm single target buffs from AOE buffs: If you want to keep Rdm buffs single target, let them scale up with enhancing magic skill, while keeping AOE buffs at the current level of effectiveness.

As for the new Embrava effect, how about a boost to critical hit rate and critical hit damage + critical magic hit rate and critical magic damage? Personally, given the name Embrava, which reminds me of Brave, seems to me this would be a better effect. If that isn't enough, throw on a status effect prevention effect, and a bar-element boost as well.

And before anyone attacks me for turning the Embrava issue into a Rdm thread: Barring the eternal Rdm melee arguement, Embrava is what put us mage Rdms out of business. Like I said before, use this opportunity to right past wrongs, please don't make us Rdms even more obsolete by giving Embrava refresh as well.
    (0)

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollerblades View Post
    Nerfzilla!! - what I don't understand is why you're changing Embrava from a melee buff to a more mage based one ? We never asked for refresh yet you insist on forcing it upon us ?

How long before you nerf Kaustra just to add insult to injury for Scholars...

You say it's to balance out the game when the new 2 hour abilities are introduced, but to be honest Scholar has a rather pointless substitute. You're in effect killing off this jobs usefulness when it comes to certain content.

But clearly we the people that play the game obviously don't know what we want at all , we will just have to put up with being spoon fed this tripe until we either give up and move on or the development team realise just how unhappy we are with them...
    Have you tried using kaustra on anything that is big like in legion on odin on a salvage chariot on ADL on anything really that isnt a fodder mob... it doesnt need nerfing it already sucks since 90% of anything that matters resists a major portion of it to where I can push helix's higher by a fair ammount.
    (5)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

We understand that these adjustments will change the usage of these abilities and may cause inconvenience to some, and we apologize for this.
    If your intent was to make Embrava completely useless then I think you're on the right track. Taking the regain effect away was the worst thing you could have done, nobody needs refresh, as people have stated there are already many forms of refresh in the game.

Reduce the potency of regain to something like 2 or 3 tick but don't take it away totally because that renders Embrava useless.
    (5)

I'm just glad that I hadn't got around to gearing SCH yet... I did go through the pain of skilling enhancing to cap though ><
    (2)

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast