Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    Who said the gear has to be one or the other? There are pieces out there already that have avatar buffs and SMN skill on them and I hope that SE continues to release more. Also, don't forget that the other half of you avatar abilities ARE effected by SMN skill. You should be collecting SMN skill gear anyway.

And other mages have to deal with a lot more equipment issues than SMN. How many pieces of equipment do you see that are effective nuking, enhancing and healing pieces? You have to gear appropriately and separately for each. I don't see why SMN should be an exception. We have macros to swap gear for a reason. And also, other jobs need to gear for their 2 hours as well. (And Perfect Defense is only one aspect of Astral Flow.)
    Have you seen the majority of the higher end +smn magic gear? A body that gives +12 to smn heal enhanc etc.... and as for summoning skills it only goes so far for your avatar before the get blocked by the cap SE put on your avatars defence, acc, att etc... I usally sit on about 520'ish smn magic and my avatars still miss when attacking a really high level mob. Not to mention how fast they get killed by said mobs. Avatars have been frozen since lvl 75 for most of their stats.

As for other jobs gear problems they all have several different types of magic to worry about summoner has 1 summoning magic. To me that takes a back burning to gear that gives them an evasion bonus of attack bonus that we can't get from our magic being past cap. My wife's magic is 100lvls lower then mine and she does about 20 less damage then me on most bloodpacts and 2-3 less damage then me on physical attacks. How can 100 lvls of smn magic only account for 2-3 more damage? The system needs a rework so we can have a spot in parties since ours have been stolen from us.
    (2)

Character
    Sharmarali
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    As many have said, the biggest concern, for me, is the changing of Embrava's regain effect to refresh. Refresh is already obtainable through many, many means (the white magic spells Refresh and Refresh II; the bard songs Ballad, Ballad II, and Ballad III; the corsair job ability Evoker's Roll; the summoner ability Diabolos's favor; consumable drinks, and numerous pieces of equipment) while regain is available only through extremely limited means (Embrava, Adloquium, Tactician's Roll, Monarch's Drinks which are only usable in select areas such as Abyssea and Voidwatch). Granting refresh to Embrava feels like, forgive me, but a rather pointless adjustment.

I understand the reasoning for adjusting Embrava and Perfect Defense, but I feel that changing the regain effect to refresh is moving too far in the opposite direction.

Like many others have said, I would support a reduction in the regain effect from Embrava. Currently it maxes out at 6TP/tick. Having it max at half of that (3TP/tick at 500 enhancing) seems fair.
    (5)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikom View Post

legion Hp-15-20% should be ideal
    I think ppl should stop brining up this legion mob HP crap....legion mob HP is never, ever an issue. It's dead in 30 sec~1 min with a pt of Rags. Lower it's evasion and defense, and stun resist is way more important.
    (5)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    the preferred method for going about these changes.
    It is clear that some content didn't get ajusted according to the nerf. I won't talk about legion because I don't do it but I can talk about ADL as I have farmed several hundreds marrows off it :

current state = unkillable as an alliance without PD, it kills you between 1 and 5 sec after PD wear off.
    after nerf state=same as above, but you have 33% less PD duration which means you can't kill the second clone and your droprate is divided by two.

suggesting ajustement to the content : make farming ADL pop set easier with the following 2 suggestions
    (1) put 2 ??? per pop NMs. When my group farms ADL pop sets, we have to wait 1 minute after each kill which means we waste ~30 minutes ( 5 NMs to farm and 6 kills per NM) doing nothing while we could farm more pops.
    (2) increase the odious droprate (double it basically).

If you don't do this, the umbral marrows will be twice as rare, because most people kill ADL in small groups , so they will likely not kill the second form relialably enough ; therefore the price will double in bazars.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    Have you seen the majority of the higher end +smn magic gear? A body that gives +12 to smn heal enhanc etc.... and as for summoning skills it only goes so far for your avatar before the get blocked by the cap SE put on your avatars defence, acc, att etc... I usally sit on about 520'ish smn magic and my avatars still miss when attacking a really high level mob. Not to mention how fast they get killed by said mobs. Avatars have been frozen since lvl 75 for most of their stats.

As for other jobs gear problems they all have several different types of magic to worry about summoner has 1 summoning magic. To me that takes a back burning to gear that gives them an evasion bonus of attack bonus that we can't get from our magic being past cap. My wife's magic is 100lvls lower then mine and she does about 20 less damage then me on most bloodpacts and 2-3 less damage then me on physical attacks. How can 100 lvls of smn magic only account for 2-3 more damage? The system needs a rework so we can have a spot in parties since ours have been stolen from us.
    I was referring to the fact that Ward pacts are effected by summoning magic already. I don't know what you are trying to say in your first two sentences though.

I also mentioned other jobs for comparison purposes. They have various magic skills and summoner has various gear sets as well. Wards, Attack, Magic Attack, -BP, perpetuation, etc. This all goes to your initial statement that you have to choose between SMN skill or Enhances Avatar X gear and that it is a bad thing. 1.) That isn't always the case and 2.) for the times where it is, it isn't a big deal. There is no negative to adding more gear with SMN skill on it.

You are also only focused on damage. SMN skill already has a strong effect on Wards, Odin and now Alexander as well. You seem like you want SMN skill to mean even more, but you don't want it tied to Alexander. . . I do agree, however, that a Summoner with low skill should not be able to do the same damage as capped/merited/well geared Summoner. That has nothing to do with your initial post though.
    (1)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    focussing on SMN skill will be pointless for PD anyway. with basic abyssea./dynamis you are at 500. getting 540 gives you only 2 more seconds lol...
    (3)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Mages can benefit from the regain o embrava more than they can from the refresh if they're in the right situation. Spirit Taker.
    (2)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Echoing others, my suggestion for Embrava at 500 enhancing magic skill would be:

Base duration 120 seconds
    Haste +25%
    Regain +3
    Regen +72

And for Adloquium to scale up to 3tp/tic with enhancing magic skill.
    (2)

Player
    [*]Embrava:[list][*]Effect duration: Currently 5 minutes → Adjusted to 90 seconds [*]Haste: Currently 1% increase for every 15 enhancing skill points → Adjusted to 1% increase for every 20 enhancing skill points. Maximum of 25% at 500 skill[*]Regain Effect: While the value will remain unchanged, the Regain effect will be changed to Refresh.
    I understand cutting down the huge duration on Embrava, especially with the reduction of recast coming down the line, but totally removing the Regain element renders the ability without any special use.

Refresh compliments Haste and Regen the way a still-living and furious stray cat compliments the contents of a well-made vegetarian torta. Using large amounts of MP and benefiting greatly from large amounts of Haste are mutually exclusive, because it is very hard to hit a thing with a thing while casting a spell.

Is somehow reducing the Regain effect not on the table at all? That seems like a much more practical solution if any consideration is to be given to keeping Embrava relevant.

[*]Legion
    Monster HP will be reduced by around 10%

This will be applied to all monsters, and adjusted so the overall pace will become faster making it possible to defeat close to the same amount of monsters as before within the 30 minutes time limit.
    I imagine it will be hard to defeat close to the same amount of monsters as before while numerous people are dying due to various high-damage moves, and sometimes even insanely powerful normal melee attacks, that are not being adjusted at all.

There are non-Perfect Defense strategies for Legion, but at the same time, people didn't use the use Perfect Defense in Legion so heavily on some lark or flight of fancy. The worst stuff in Legion isn't at all hard to kill relative to how hard it is to survive against so that it might be killed.

Kind of like eating that stray cat torta I mentioned earlier, I guess.
    (7)

10. 10-25-2012 09:17 AM

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I was referring to the fact that Ward pacts are effected by summoning magic already. I don't know what you are trying to say in your first two sentences though.
    I have had capped wards even before my summoning magic was capped, most were designed for lvl 75 and haven't been touched since so i could have 5million smn magic earthern ward will still be lesser then any other version of stoneskin.

I also mentioned other jobs for comparison purposes. They have various magic skills and summoner has various gear sets as well. Wards, Attack, Magic Attack, -BP, perpetuation, etc. This all goes to your initial statement that you have to choose between SMN skill or Enhances Avatar X gear and that it is a bad thing. 1.) That isn't always the case and 2.) for the times where it is, it isn't a big deal. There is no negative to adding more gear with SMN skill on it.
    Most gear the gives the largest smn magic + has no other effect for summoner, most gear like the callers body +2 gives +10 along with other effects, its not worth to give up all of those effects for +2 more magic. and with the hard caps that are already way over the top with extra summoning magic its all usless to most and to have it for 1 ability is a waste of time other then time sinking into to get.

You are also only focused on damage. SMN skill already has a strong effect on Wards, Odin and now Alexander as well. You seem like you want SMN skill to mean even more, but you don't want it tied to Alexander. . . I do agree, however, that a Summoner with low skill should not be able to do the same damage as capped/merited/well geared Summoner. That has nothing to do with your initial post though.
    Like i already said summoning magic is almost useless for almost everything since SE put a cap on what our avatar can do. I already stated that our avatars are stuck in a lvl 75 state and only the gear with magic attack bonus is worth going for to make it worth while.
    (1)

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast