Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    Weakening items do sound really nice.... Hardcore can be hardcore for all I care, but I want to be able to win occasionally. I don't have the time to log on whenever a linkshell leader needs me to to make an event.... 6-12 person events is the way this game should be.
    Totally agree with this. Legion and Neo Nyzul has been out for over 6 months now. It is time they adjust and tweak it so that weakening items are available and let people do this with as 6-12 person events. It's clear that those two new events are extremely unpopular with the majority.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [*]Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
    We'll be reducing the number of Astrariums necessary to exchange for equipment from 25 to 5.
    *As a result of this, the number of Astrariums players have in possession will be reduced by 1/5.

The idea that you'll need some luck on your side to reach level 100 will not change. While we expect that the number of floors reachable and the frequency will decrease due to the adjustments to Embrava, we decided to balance this by reducing the number of Astrariums required for equipment.
    Welcome to Floor 100!
    Weaponskills are restricted.
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

My group has had runs where we hit floor 100 and had JAs, WSs, and white magic restricted at least once each. Getting to floor 100 is not the only thing which requires luck. You can also hit floor 100 with 5 minutes left and still get a big "screw you" from Jonah.
    (3)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    12 pages of nothing but negative comments. Time to see how much of Tanaka's evil energy Matsui absorbed before he left.
    (4)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Enhancing the effect is a relative term. PLD's effect of "being hard to kill" during invincible is enhanced by -MDT and MDB gear, as well as Shell. Thief's effect of "being hard to hit" is enhanced by evasion and shadows in the case of ranged attacks. Warrior's ability to deal a huge amount of damage is enhanced by every DD gear piece and buff he's got on him. Likewise, Perfect defence would make the entire party harder to kill, and make it even harder to kill those who enhance this effect through gear and certain buffs.

Maybe my suggestion was a bit modest, but I still think that a huge amount of damage reduction is enough to make it worthwhile, even if it isn't 100%. If we change my suggestion to additive instead of multiplicative, granting 75% reduction by wearing as little as -25% DT in gear, and up to 100% if you wear -50% DT, would that be easier to accept?

I can't think of one single buff with a greater defensive boost than this, after all. And do keep in mind that you still resist all status effects such as death and charm at a 95% rate, if you go with the suggestion I gave.
    Ya know I basically said that earlier in this thread. post#10. Perfect Defense honestly shouldn't be more powerful than PLD's Invincible (-100%PDT, 0%MDT). (-50%DT) is really about the same as pld 2hr. There's no need for it to grow weaker as time goes on, just leave it at that and make it additive to gear -dt. the effect, if someone wants to screw over their own haste, they can still get the almost -100% dt, no one will sacrifice that much haste though so it'll be much more easy to see people mixing in a little of both. equip twilight torque, d.ring(rare but fully possible nowadays), and Mollusca Mantle and you won't be hurting your haste and still kick up a sweet -20%dt (-70% total). The thing that really hurts is how duration is getting over 30seconds knocked off of it. I say to make duration set and make how "Perfect" it is, based on summoning magic skill. unskilled smn lv0 skill, -5%DT, 550 skill (only need +8 more in gear than possible) 50%.
    formula: -DT=(summoning magic skill-100)/10+5

about another post...
    People who abused (in SE's opinion) the PD and embrava are ALWAYS going to figure a way around the orginal intent SE has for their whathaveyous.

Rember, the people who are finding ways around the originally intended method of beating said NM are actually trying to FIND the method intended to beat the NM. They obviously just happened to find a method the DEVs hadn't thought of instead. /shock. It's not like SE staff tell us the method of how to beat any of these NMs, so we're on our own to figure it out. When it's the way they had also thought up, nothing happens, when it's not the way they planned to be used. SUPER NERF! (how many years after they nerf'd drk zerg AV and Modus Veritas AV did it take for them to make that crappy video giving hints?)
    (0)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    12 pages of nothing but negative comments. Time to see how much of Tanaka's evil energy Matsui absorbed before he left.
    Matsui wont do nothing about it, the Devs are smarter than us remember?
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrie View Post
    Matsui wont do nothing about it, the Devs are smarter than us remember?
    He took the new 2 hours back to the drawing board when everyone said they sucked but they could come back and still suck so who knows.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    When it's the way they had also thought up, nothing happens, when it's not the way they planned to be used. SUPER NERF! (how many years after they nerf'd drk zerg AV and Modus Veritas AV did it take for them to make that crappy video giving hints?)
    I think the problem in this case is that every endgame event, people are using PD, Embrava, or both. These abilities are so powerful that they've become ubiquitous. Most endgame is easy with a good PD or Embrava strategy, and it's easy to see if these were not nerfed, that would be all there is to future endgame events too.

Remember when Meebles was announced? Before anyone had tried it, people were already saying "enter > embrava > ??? > profit" because that's the formula. If it's a tough boss, put up PD and do as much damage as possible quickly. If it's a dungeon crawl, keep embrava up.

These nerfs were deserved, just handled clumsily. Bard and shock squall are probably next up on the chopping block, unfortunately for me.

Oh, side note... good luck on LB10 post nerf.
    (3)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Oh, side note... good luck on LB10 post nerf.
    Why? I beat it yesterday helping someone I didn't know with two MNK 99 , two WHM 95, one PLD 99, and one BST 95.

No SCH or SNM here only 2 hours used where the MNKs. We used the weakness item at 50% and after that it just died.
    (2)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Whats people saying on the other forum languages ?
    (0)

Ya, those 2 abilities make things much easier, we'll do whichever strategy is easiest. earlier I called for a rework of game mechanics because~150hp/tick regen is potent enough to make the requirement of NM's 400dmg/hit+ to be difficult, and w/o super buffs on people can only get hit 3-4 times w/o cure before they die, add a TP move that does 600+ and double attack and probably someone's gonna hit the floor even with embrava up. Things is messed up and only fixing embrava/PD won't fix the real issue. I don't want them fixed unless they will touch on the damage output of mobs as well. they gotta make things possible w/o PD~embrava then gimp them saying they're too powerful. not gimp pd/embrava making events impossible then a year later or more later fix the events.
    (1)

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast