Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think PLD is asking the same questions, and pretty much all tanks everywhere lol.
    (2)

Player
    True... Provoke is stupidly put on WAR. One thing I don't understand, many jobs know the same spells, many jobs have the same job traits, yet no job knows the same ability another job does, or at least, not that I can think of.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pretty much if you are playing PLD and have to tank, you need to sub warrior and there is no other options AT ALL. None whatsoever. Which is pretty stupid, I totally agree.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    why do rdm's complain so much about this, you had you time in the sun for years untouched and unchallenged and at one point the server was around 70% RDM if that didn't scream unbalanced what would.

I may be biased with this but summoner never had its day in the sun and the one trait (hastega, stoneskinga, etc...) we had was given to SCH with no question about balance and now SCH has balance issues. SE sucks at making a multimage jobs by not knowing how to balance between attack/support magic.

I can see the 2 new jobs winning over other depending on how they work out. Think of any mage job as a warm up punching bag for the almighty nerfbat.
    Why are you complaining about them complaining, In a perfect world every class should be able to be fully utilized in any situation, eg jobs considered DD's should be interchangable, support classes healing and nuking all the same.

Unfortunately the flip side is we have 20 classes soon to be 22, 18 party alliances and only 3 real roles, DD support and healing. Tanking no longer exists since the enmity system has been long since broke, Nuking more or less pales in comparison to what melee DD's can accomplish, with the limit of only being able to buff one party at a time generally you load up on the "superior" support class vs having a diversity (save for spells like embrava what'd be the harm in allowing support classes buff an entire alliance especially since most megaboss type mobs have mass dispel moves)

Main problem is RDM is a jack of all trades many talents but master of none, well used to at least be the master of enfeebles but with every monster under the sun imune to god and country and having distributed anything unique RDM had to offer to other jobs. They really should revamp enfeebles beyond that whole retarded break thing they added, being able to actually debuff a monster could make some of the retarded content like legion more accessible for lowman/lowbuff situations.

list goes on, many issues and half baked concepts holding this game together coupled with a dev team that either cares little for the playerbase feed back or knows too little about how the game functions to be the right people making the adjustments or some fusion of the both.
    (6)
    Last edited by Nala; 10-29-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    Unfortunatly the flip side is we have 20 classes soon to be 22, 18 party alliances and only 3 real roles, DD support and healing. Tanking no longer exsists since the emity system has been long since broke, Nuking more or less pales in comparison to what melee DD's can accomplish, with the limit of only being able to buff one party at a time generally you load up on the "superior" support class vs having a diversity (save for spells like embrava what'd be the harm in allowing support classes buff an entire alliance especially since most megaboss type mobs have mass dispell moves)

list goes on, many issues and half baked concepts holding this game together coupled with a dev team that either cares little for the playerbase feed back or knows too little about how the game functions to be the right people making the adjustments or some fusion of the both.
    I still don't understand why we need another two new jobs that are rehash of previous jobs in combination. And they refuse to further adjust the current jobs that are in dire need of clarification in their roles. This will create imbalance in the game since clearly certain jobs fill certain roles better than the others, and deemed more effective. I totally agree with you, I don't think they know how the game functions. I think they are running out of ideas on what content they can create, other than give mobs AOE deathga dispelga doomga that hits up to 3k-4k and obliterate party instantly with massive HP and tons of JA chainspells manafonts benediction perfect dodge invincible combination. Put in on 20 hours time limit, set 1-2 million gills entrance fee, put gear limits acquisition at the highest possible numbers, add RNG on every contents. Make sure said content cannot be completed and will take years to complete with very little reward. Repeat.
    (2)

Player
    Yeah... thing is if they kept the super doom moves down to single target and fixed enmity so that tanking was viable in some way that didn't force DD's to hold back and it'd have to be feasible for tanks to survive long term VS these super moves.

Further more with small man groups like meebles and NNI even if they could find a common ground for DD's and fix tanking and nuking, just like with gear you'd still have a best in slot for jobs, no matter how much you tool around your gear sets, some peices are just superior in the right combination and for events where you are limited on what you can take the same will still ring true.
    (0)

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    God if you're whinging now about RDM being redundant god help you when Geomancer comes out ? I suppose you'll want all its abilities traits and spells to ?!

Last I checked RDM debuffed a lot better than my other Mage jobs. I'll grant you that most content has made the job somewhat less desirable , but asking for this spell and that spell isn't going to work. I always though RDM was a mixture of DD WHM & BLM rolled into one... You surely can't expect to be given specific spells from the other 2 jobs ?

Red Mage had
    its day , I'm not saying it's finished, but other jobs need a lot more focus than it does at the moment.

There will come a day when I gets it's own specific debuff spells and you can all rejoice again.

If Squeenix really did care about all the moaning we do about stuff , Embrava and PD wouldn't be getting a visit from nerfzilla.

I'm hoping that SOA has a lot to offer because at its current rate of decay I can't see XI lasting too much longer , which would be a shame. I've enjoye 10 years of play I'd like to see many more
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like to see this game last for another 10 years to be honest, even if they have to eventually release the PS4 HD make over or whatever you want to call it. But SE need to keep up with the program. The paid subscription method is getting long on the teeth to be honest. They should make it free to play and let player pick and choose which content, add ons, or expansion they want. Or which jobs they want to unlock, etc. This will give us more power to vote for contents we do not care about by not purchasing it, and force the developer to think long and hard before making one to make sure that it has wide appeal, good balance of grind and addicting factor, and lastly, have no choice but listen to consumer feedback. Not to mention they can start charging for gil and not have to deal with RMT. You can play the ultimate experience as long as your bank account let you, and SE reap every single transaction and make a lot more money.
    (1)

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    I like to see this game last for another 10 years to be honest, even if they have to eventually release the PS4 HD make over or whatever you want to call it. But SE need to keep up with the program. The paid subscription method is getting long on the teeth to be honest. They should make it free to play and let player pick and choose which content, add ons, or expansion they want. Or which jobs they want to unlock, etc. This will give us more power to vote for contents we do not care about by not purchasing it, and force the developer to think long and hard before making one to make sure that it has wide appeal, good balance of grind and addicting factor, and lastly, have no choice but listen to consumer feedback. Not to mention they can start charging for gil and not have to deal with RMT. You can play the ultimate experience as long as your bank account let you, and SE reap every single transaction and make a lot more money.
    This is the worst idea EVER. Making ffxi free to play would destroy it 100%. Cash Shops are horrible and make people who have money irl the dominating factor over players who can't afford to spend thousands of dollars.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Iakothm View Post
    This is the worst idea EVER. Making ffxi free to play would destroy it 100%. Cash Shops are horrible and make people who have money irl the dominating factor over players who can't afford to spend thousands of dollars.
    Those who have money, use it to pay in exchange for time gained and service rendered. Those who don't have money, use their time to gain what funds they are lacking or selling mercenary service. It works in real life too by the way. Apparently this works fine for a lot of games. The 10% of hardcore will pay for the rest of the 90% casual players. Let's face it, the hardcore benefits the most from the contents anyway. The methods we have right now, the 90% casual is paying for the 10% so they can enjoy the content first while the majority pretty much still be happily doing what they have been doing, which is not much of anything in the game.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast