Character
    Xcstasy
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

REVAMP OF FINAL FANTASY XI

Hello All,

I'm not sure if anyone will read this but I have played FFXI since it's launch, and I'm a dedicated fan of XI [and the series] and think the game is incredible.

However, over the year several elements of the game I feel should be addressed/updated. [Also Many people will/may have covered the same thing; I'm just expressing my own opinion]!

The job Red Mage has become obsolete over time. Both White Mage/Black Mage can perform stronger Healing/Elemental magic and has the same amount of Buffs/Debuffs; etc.

Proposal #1: Add 'Doublecast' as a job trait for Healing/Elemental Magic:
    [Doublecast: May Cast an additional spell to the one previously casted, does not use MP].

Add Magic spell Debuffs such as: Confuse, Stop, Berserk & Reflect
    [Confuse: Target may attack itself and cause Damage]
    [Stop: Halts target. Target cannot move nor do Damage]
    [Berserk: Enrages Allies. Increases Physical Damage output of Party Member by a certain amount.]
    [Reflect: Reflects a Magical Attack back to the Castor.]

---------

Proposal #2: Abyssea - Players Only Over Level 75 can enter Abyssea.
    Reason for this is Abyssea has destroyed the Levelling system - It would be good to revive part of that again!

Proposal #3: REbirth MODE - Players are Once again thrusted into Van'a'diel with a complete new storyline, new monsters, and exciting new rewards to found!. This mode strips players of their Job Levels and Sub-job, the Level-cap is again 99. [Current Job levels are saved in the Normal FFXI - But When entering REbith Mode Job levels are Reset to Level 1. Only Main job can be used. Monster sprites are redone; NM sprites now exhibit a 'Different Colour' from it's normal Counter-part.]

This is just a few of my suggestions but just wanted to put em' out there!

Cheers = )
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes there is such thing as rebirth, it's called FF14 A Realm Reborn, they really want us to move there and start playing that game instead.
    (8)

Character
    Iakothm
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Yes there is such thing as rebirth, it's called FF14 A Realm Reborn, they really want us to move there and start playing that game instead.
    I don't get why people keep stating this... why in the world would they want people to leave ffxi when ffxi costs more than ffxiv?
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have no idea why, but FF14 is a brand new IP, which means they probably think that they could hook people for a good longer time than FF11 which is already reached its first decade. They could do HD version for PS3 but deemed too expensive, as if rebooting FF14 is any cheaper. There are lot of stupid decision that this company made lately, especially when it comes to FFXI, their most profitable game bar none. Instead of giving us more good excellent contents to consume, they decided to give us bad news after another and went the other way, making sure most endgame contents are not accessible and cannot be completed within reasonable time by the majority of players.

You are not alone with this idea btw, there is another thread asking for PS3 HD version which goes unnoticed, not responded, and pretty much swept under other threads. Another was asking for Xbox Direct Download to make the game more available to new players, again, no answer, silent treatment. This game pretty much getting almost zero advertisement, they are dropping PS2 support in the US, and no intention of bringing it to PS3. They are doing absolutely nothing when it comes to reaching out to new players and bring new blood to the game. It's like so many missed opportunities, and we are talking FF name in the franchise which is quite respectable and have good recognition.
    (5)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 10-24-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Character
    Pyunguwahagu
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 13
    Playing since launch! That's impressive, I hope I can enjoy this awesome game for 10 years.
    (0)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcstasy View Post
    The job Red Mage has become obsolete over time. Both White Mage/Black Mage can perform stronger Healing/Elemental magic and has the same amount of Buffs/Debuffs; etc.
    SE knows no middle ground to balancing. Red Mage remained overpowered for years on end due to Refresh, Convert, and access to every useful WHM spell and ability as a subjob. They are good at fixing problems when they get around to it, and to the degree of swatting a fly with a sledgehammer.
    (5)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcstasy;370931The job [B
    Red Mage[/B] has become obsolete over time. Both White Mage/Black Mage can perform stronger Healing/Elemental magic and has the same amount of Buffs/Debuffs; etc.
    why do rdm's complain so much about this, you had you time in the sun for years untouched and unchallenged and at one point the server was around 70% RDM if that didn't scream unbalanced what would.

I may be biased with this but summoner never had its day in the sun and the one trait (hastega, stoneskinga, etc...) we had was given to SCH with no question about balance and now SCH has balance issues. SE sucks at making a multimage jobs by not knowing how to balance between attack/support magic.

I can see the 2 new jobs winning over other depending on how they work out. Think of any mage job as a warm up punching bag for the almighty nerfbat.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    LOL, might as well save all your efforts from posting here, or giving any feedback and ideas. As you clearly see from recent postings, the stance is they do what they want, how they want, when they want. They only share it as it is, take it or leave it. We can post gazilions requests to change campaign, WoE, Rdms, Smn, Sch, all the new contents, etc... it will matter not. None of the post get any responds, none good anyway, and the feedback is generally we are not changing anything.
    (4)

Player
    Really I wouldn't mind them telling us no to things if we actually knew what exactly they were doing in the 1st place. I mean if they gave us a list...
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Currently the team is working on the following updates.
    1)New SP abilities.
    1)Current plans for each SP ability.
    2)Current plans for overall changes to SP abilities such as recast & merits.
    3)Current plans for when they will be added to the game.

2)New Avatars.
    1)Current plans for each avatar's pacts & powers.
    2)Current plans for how to obtain the avatars, and what prerequisites will need to be met.
    3)Current plans for when they will be added to the game.

1)New UI.
    1)Current plans for the display.
    2)Current plans for user customization as well as user plugins & added detail to what is being done or allowed.
    3)Screenshots of the UI to show some of what is being done so far.
    4)Current plans for when it will be added to the game.
    This is an example that I would like to see honestly. Then we could give easy feedback to everything being done, without having to hunt it down or specifically watch the DevTracker. It would let us look at a single post to see whats being done, so that when/if were told no for something we want, we can have a list to let us know exactly what else is going on, to make it a bit more understandable.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Come back in a year. Usually that is how long it takes them in general to address some issues and giving you a good whopping amount of contents. Voidwatch was introduced May 2011, it took them till May 2012 to make it worthwhile with various updates. Then it only took one adjustment to render the cruors useless and start the death of Voidwatch. You won't see any worthwhile contents to do with SoA for a good 6-12 months. The most you will do is open the new areas and busy leveling two new jobs that seems like a mishmash of several existing jobs with no uniqueness to boot.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast