Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    I think regain was important to have and should've matched potency nerf with Haste, instead of giving us refresh. No one has had MP problems in years. Other than that, this nerf is fine because SCH still has so much to bring to the table.
    SCH definitely has more tricks up their sleeves, SE should make Adloquium to give us 2-3TP regain (max 3 with AF3+2). They need to make stormspells boost weaponskill damage to additional 10-20% with full merits. They could also make phalanx benefits from light arts and aurorastorm to reduce damage further. All these will augment Embrava + Perfect Defense and compatible with other jobs that give party defensive or beneficial buffs.

This way they can justify the adjustment by letting us know, yeah we are taking away some, but we are giving you back a lot more and make the other spells more attractive to use instead of one that does it all which means a good SCH will be a busy one.
    (0)

Player
    Why would Light Arts boost the effect of Phalanx? Phalanx isn't a SCH spell.

Unless they really are taking RDM out back to put the poor girl down, and giving all the spoils to SCH. That would certainly explain why they saw changing Regain to Refresh as a sensible thing to do.
    (0)

Phalanx, not a very logical idea. -storm spells boosting weaponskill damage of the appropriate SC-property, however, that could be pretty good. Perhaps this could be attached to the Stormsurge merit, granting a 2% WS damage per merit. Just a suggestion though, it could just be granted natively without merits. Or start at 5% without any merits in stormsurge, and have stormsurge increase the effect 1% per merit.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-25-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Why would Light Arts boost the effect of Phalanx? Phalanx isn't a SCH spell. Unless they really are taking RDM out back to put the poor girl down, and giving all the spoils to SCH. That would certainly explain why they saw changing Regain to Refresh as a sensible thing to do.
    LOL, was not my intention to put down my other favorite job, RDM. It does baffle me why they would give refresh effect to Embrava when the DD benefits the most from it and regain would be a better solution. On unrelated notes, they definitely need to give RDM some exclusive party AOE spells that gives a better buffing abilities. Better yet, I think it's time they redefine RDM jobs, and give it massive overhaul, similar to how they did good with PUP, DRG, WHM, BST and SCH. I am afraid Rune Fencer is what the RDM should have been overhauled....
    (2)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I take a hiatus just when Embrava is introduced then soon after I come back it gets nerfed. And I was one of those SCHs who wanted to feel useful again and not a wannabe WHM. Seems nobody loves me. :P

SCH isn't completely useless, but I think it really needs a push to come into it's own. Embrava was a step in the right direction, it played on SCH's 'over time' niche. Regen V and reducing the recast of Modus Veritas were also steps in the right direction. In truth, the only reason people are picking SCH's at the moment is because of Embrava. SE will nerf this, but won't balance things like Abyssea procs. I think if Embrava is to be nerfed, SCH needs something else to win back people's love.
    (1)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Well, that's all the motivation I need to finally cancel my subscription.
    This is where I'm at too, sadly. As is, the game isn't much more than an animated desktop wallpaper on my PC while I play PS3 games. The few things I wanted to stay current or make progress on were all facilitated by Embrava in its current form. I won't have the patience for the repetition without it.

I do hope for the sake of the job that SCH doesn't get stuck in the same hybrid cycle as RDM : useless > used for one ability > useless again. I enjoy the job's strength outside of Embrava currently but I'm afraid it won't be invited along with or over specialized mages again. In fact I worry that though I'm excited about GEO, SE developers will have no ability to treat that job in any other way but this.

The problem is, if they do give SCH something new that is supposed to make up for an unused worthless Embrava, I really have no reason to expect anything other than the stinky examples from the last few years: Animus, Libra, Adloquium, etc. More spells that are out of touch with the current game design or too impotent to matter. That trend of galactic cluelessness is already continuing by replacing regain with refresh.
    (6)

Character
    Tinderil
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    SE you f*ck up yet again. Over and over and over again. People spent time to level SCH, to merit SCH, get the gear and augments to get Enhancing skill up enough to be able to do good Embrava, and get into, among other things, Neo Nyzul Isle groups. These are people who DO NOT CHEAT, unlike those who use all 3rd party tools and cheat and hack and sell NNI clears & gears that you do nothing about. Then you nerf it for the honest players. Badly. You just keep annoying your players, seems you really want to f*ck everyone off.

Now that the cheaters/hackers got their gear, you gimp it for everyone else. BRAVO! BRAVO!

It is not the gilsellers who are ruining the game, it is you SE, you and only you.
    (6)
    Last edited by Tinderil; 10-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Player
    I see the like button on the embrava update. Where is that dont be stupid button? I really really wanna click it. Worse nerf ever why would embrava need refresh on its buff what melee needs that? At least with regain there were WS mages code use to return magic Myrkr, Spirit taker, Dagan, mystic boon, I have no clue what f***ing jobs you had in mind when you changed regain to refresh but it didnt benefit any1 retards. MP was never a problem.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Phalanx, not a very logical idea. -storm spells boosting weaponskill damage of the appropriate SC-property, however, that could be pretty good. Perhaps this could be attached to the Stormsurge merit, granting a 2% WS damage per merit. Just a suggestion though, it could just be granted natively without merits. Or start at 5% without any merits in stormsurge, and have stormsurge increase the effect 1% per merit.
    Yeah, I think storm spells should give a permanent boost or higher percentage rate of boost with merits. What is it now? A 33% chance of a 10% boost?
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I noticed on the [dev 1139] thread there's only 1 like. So I am going to use this as an indicator that folks ain't happy about this. Hopefully SE notices that too. Unfortunately SE doesn't have a dislike button, because if they did, I am sure many folks will be hitting the button.

I was feeling optimistic about SCH's future, but as I've made clear, it's a set back now. That gives me less hope. I may be tempted to main one of my other jobs instead, though at heart I am a SCH. It's an awesome job that's lots of fun to play when you get to play it properly, but SE can never seem to make up their mind about it in endgame scenarios.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast