Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Good Time all come to an end.

Just thought you guys should know.

*Tabula Rasa
    The effects of the white magic "Embrava" will be adjusted as follows:
    **Duration: Reduced from 5 minutes to 90 seconds.
    **Haste Effect: Reduced to 15% + 1% for each 20 enhancing skill. Maximum of +25% at 500 enhancing skill.
    **Regain Effect: Changed to Refresh effect (the #/tick is the same as before, based on skill).

Since utilizing the above abilities has become mainstream in order to progress through certain battle content, we have planned to lower the difficulty of that content in accordance with this update.

*Nyzul Isle
    **The required number of astraria to replace with the next higher floor equipment will be reduced from 25 to 5. The number in possession will be divided by 5 and rounded down. The premise that floor 100 will only be reached through a combination of great skill and luck does not change. Since the reliance on the effect of Embrava will be reduced, we will relieve this by reducing the number of required astraria for floors below.

*Legion
    **Monster HP will be reduced by approximately 10%. All monsters will be included in this change. Since the progress as a whole will be faster but the support effects will be suppressed, we will maintain the 30 minute time limit, or keep it close.

*Einherjar
    **Odin's HP (Odin's Chamber II) will be reduced by approximately 10~15%. Since the battle with Odin is more than with just the monster itself, Legion is slightly different, so we will reduce Odin's HP by slightly more.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I dont feel screwed as a sch. I can still do alot of things with this job.
    (1)

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I dont feel screwed as a sch. I can still do alot of things with this job.
    lol, the only thing sch has left is stun which was indirectly nerfed by this.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    lol, the only thing sch has left is stun which was indirectly nerfed by this.
    Flexibility, but thats something you dont seem to be aware of.
    Dont get me wrong, Embrava was really nice. I dont feel screwed as a SCH over the nerf, but I feel screwed about the so said "adjustments" they are doing to Legion, ADL, Odin etc. Which really arent any adjustments at all.

Granted the nerf went a bit overboard. I would have rather had a nerf in potency of Haste regain and regen then the duration cut down. But hey they went with nerfing potency and nerfing duration. 2 nerfs for the price of 1!
    (1)
    Last edited by Damane; 10-24-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They pretty much destroyed one of the best two hours into a rather useless two hours.
    (3)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It was a bit overboard. They could have done with nerfing length, and potency of regain like they did potency of haste. Did they not notice how over powered this was to start with? If it had been nerfed within a couple weeks it wouldn't have caused this much a stir.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    It was a bit overboard. They could have done with nerfing length, and potency of regain like they did potency of haste. Did they not notice how over powered this was to start with? If it had been nerfed within a couple weeks it wouldn't have caused this much a stir.
    I know, it's like they are doing mostly nothing in the past 2 years, and actually created many great contents and activities that are fun, worth raving about and doable by all. Then suddenly everything take turn for the worst and all you see is bad news after another, an avalanche of nerfs to almost everything that was good and fun. It's quite a disappointment when you see the amount of bad news they have been delivering this past week alone, not to mention a long list of broken promises from their 2012 plans.

Embrava is not only useful for endgame events, but as well as your normal alliance party in abyssea when you cannot find a healer. It lets scholar do some impossible feat, aka soloing Shinryu, and let us do small group activities when doing old contents. I feel like they are not quite bright over there and not really seeing the bigger picture.
    (5)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 10-24-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I think regain was important to have and should've matched potency nerf with Haste, instead of giving us refresh. No one has had MP problems in years. Other than that, this nerf is fine because SCH still has so much to bring to the table.
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

The regain effect should definitely still be in place. With the current short duration of the buff, it would be fine to give embrava haste, regen, refresh and regain at the same potencies. However, I think it would be better if the duration was at a base of 2.5 minutes, with both regain and refresh, although perhaps 1-2 per tick less than before.
    (3)

Player
    Well, that's all the motivation I need to finally cancel my subscription.
    (5)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast