Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badieh View Post
    Yeah, I think storm spells should give a permanent boost or higher percentage rate of boost with merits. What is it now? A 33% chance of a 10% boost?
    As far as I know, Storm spells and stormsurge give no boosts to WS damage. Initially, the storm simply changes the weather, giving magical attacks the same effects as if the weather was present in the zone. This only applies to spells and magical weaponskills. Stormsurge adds an enhancement to base attributes such as str, dex, but nothing else.

The suggestion presented by Luvbunny was that all weaponskill damage of the appropriate skillchain property would get a boost from the storm spells as well, meaning firestorm would boost the damage of a physical weaponskill as long as it was of the liquefaction, fusion, or light SC properties. It would not need to be a fire elemental magical attack to gain the boost, as it currently needs to be.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-27-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I almost always use sublimation instead of refresh and now my 2 hour gives refresh which does not stack with sublimation... This makes almost zero sense. I totally agree with the dont be stupid button. adloquium's regain effect is too low to be very useful and embrava actually made me use my 2 hour a lot more often. Im keeping my fingers crossed hoping SE changes it back to normal before they actually update it
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    I almost always use sublimation instead of refresh and now my 2 hour gives refresh which does not stack with sublimation... This makes almost zero sense. I totally agree with the dont be stupid button. adloquium's regain effect is too low to be very useful and embrava actually made me use my 2 hour a lot more often. Im keeping my fingers crossed hoping SE changes it back to normal before they actually update it
    with embrava it acts as its own spell thats how it stacks with haste and regen so refresh part will work but its still stupid to change it
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezikiel View Post
    with embrava it acts as its own spell thats how it stacks with haste and regen so refresh part will work but its still stupid to change it
    I was assuming the refresh from Embrava would stack with sublimation as well, like it does with Haste and Regen. If it doesn't that would be the icing on the cow pie with this new poopy version.

Not that it matters though - I can't remember the last time I gave a fig about having more MP on SCH. Oh I know, it was the last time I remember caring about player enmity levels and being able to affect them, which SE also dumped on SCH too late to matter. SE's new SCH 2012 would be a great job for ... 2008.
    (0)

Player
    i just have to LOL thinking of which idiot is going to get fired for swapping regain to refresh, sadder version is they are high fiving the nutjob
    (1)

Fire? Ahahaha.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i just have to LOL thinking of which idiot is going to get fired for swapping regain to refresh, sadder version is they are high fiving the nutjob
    Yeah I wonder who came with Embrava idea in the first place and where is this said person now. It is sad when you see SE actually is capable on designing an amazing 2 hours in the first place for Scholar. They should look at is as inspiration moving forward and make every 2 hours in the same level as original Embrava in terms of how good it is (I am not suggesting Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists that last 12.5 mnts btw).
    (1)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If they fired him there`d only be the 1 guy left to work on FFXI, you know how short handed they are since everyone else jumped on the 14 boat.
    (7)

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I wouldn't care about this in the slightest if SE fixed Modus Veritas and made Libra actually usefull. Instead they nerf a decent spell and completely ignore the broken abilities we are plagued with.

100% land rate on MV while simply adding the damage again instead of multiplying would be fine.

Ps. The cut duration is the worst decision ever. At least give it 3 mins base duration. SCH is supposed to be all about "effects over time" while this new embrava is going in the opposite direction with short duration providing a damage spike for a few mins before wearing off.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    If they fired him there`d only be the 1 guy left to work on FFXI, you know how short handed they are since everyone else jumped on the 14 boat.
    LMAO - we all know this SoA expansion is not coming until March at the earliest and probably close to May. I am not going to be surprised if it ends up being released in Nov 2013, with barely any content and barren landscape. And not even any end game activities till 2015, don't keep your hopes up. They still have not released any info on what type of expansion this is.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast