Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    RIP Voidwatch.
    I don't think plate/cinder/dross VW will die yet, ppl still want to upgrade those, and cinder is GOOD gil(saw one for 1.4M earlier) and I know ppl would do those VW just to sell cinder. Price may go up, but as long as there's demand for those items and they sell for good gil, ppl will keep doing it.

Those VW that doesn't drop cinder/dross/plate will suck a lot though.
    (1)

that's why every single VW should drop one of them, or a light-version of them.
    (3)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I don't think plate/cinder/dross VW will die yet, ppl still want to upgrade those, and cinder is GOOD gil(saw one for 1.4M earlier) and I know ppl would do those VW just to sell cinder. Price may go up, but as long as there's demand for those items and they sell for good gil, ppl will keep doing it.

Those VW that doesn't drop cinder/dross/plate will suck a lot though.
    Why would I spend an hour and 100ish k (rubicund) for the fairly low chance of getting one item I can reasonably expect to sell for less than my initial gil investment?

If you think HMPs will start selling for more than 100k now you're out of your mind.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    Why would I spend an hour and 100ish k (rubicund) for the fairly low chance of getting one item I can reasonably expect to sell for less than my initial gil investment?

If you think HMPs will start selling for more than 100k now you're out of your mind.
    1. Rubicund still worth 100k? Just get them with your cruor.....
    2. HMP price may go up slightly, I never say it won't. It may not go up NOW, but just matter of time. However, as long as those thing still worth gil, ppl will do it. Ppl spam that Gnat VW for that 1M item. I never get drop after a lot of gnat, but ppl still do it fairly often. Trust me, as long as cinder worth 1.4M+ a drop(maybe even 2M after cruor gil nerf), you will be able to fill up a Morta/Ig-Alima pt(of course your morta/Ig-A pt can't suck too much, able to kill 12 of them in 1hr and kill 4 of them in 1hr is different gil/hr).

Price of HMP already went up on my server since nerf btw. It was lower than 90k a while back, and majority of players sell them for 90k. Now majority of player sell for 100 or even 120.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-25-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Character
    Zyla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    after hearing about this nerf, i immediately sold all my dynamis currency. waiting for the inevitable price drop on currency due to RMTs over farming dynamis. then i'll just buy the rest of my apoc lol
    (1)

RMT overfarming dyna, lol. That's pretty unlikely. You did probably do the right thing when selling your currency though, because at worst, prices will stay almost the same, but at best, prices will deflate because people now have to actually care how much money they are spending, and can't just generate whatever money they need out of nowhere.
    (3)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrie View Post
    Grow up and understand if no one has interest or a reason(People capped on particular VW run being shouted for) then how can anyone get runs done? Whats the point of wasting even more time just to end up in disappointment?
    How would shouting be wasting time? You're just standing there waiting for a shout... Don't lie.
    (0)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Razielrinz View Post
    Since you need 1500 of these for 95 why is this a bad thing?
    Cruor is easy to obtain. Plates would be all over the place.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fupafighter View Post
    Cruor is easy to obtain. Plates would be all over the place.
    Valid point, but I'm not sure its completely accurate. If a HmP was buyable with curor for say 10k each (not a hard amount to obtain), needing 1500 plates would cost 15 million curor. Which overall is a hefty amount to acquire. Granted it would still be a lot faster to obtain them then hopeing on a vw drop, but I'm not sure they would be 'all over the place'

And if it is true, the price could be raised. With Hmp Selling somewhere around an avg 100k a plate, the old curor exchange rate would require roughly 38k curor to buy one. So you could raise the price to 30-40k a plate. (45-60mil)

Of course i still think its all ridicules. Would rather undo this nerf and work on alternate ways of removing gill form the system, rather then just making it less generatable.
    (0)

Character
    Tummie
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post

Well, pre-nerf players weren't using cells to save up on gil. The average run of 6x fights were yielding 120,000 cruor which was easily converted into 318,000gil. With that, a person could turn around and buy 3 plates or do whatever. Anything extra in drops (if they got plates or cinder) was icing on the cake.

Post nerf, a lot of people are sitting on Cruor with nothing to do with it. Most have been dumping it into selling stacks of rubicund on the AH which has caused a decrease in price (50k down to 35k on some servers), or using rubicund on their runs in order to increase the chance to obtain HMPs and other goods to sell.

As far as HMPs going up in price, it is just a speculation based on the idea that most players did voidwatch for the easy Cruor to convert to gil. Since SE took that away, there have been less VW shouts at least on my server, which would create less of a supply when the demand is still there. Before the nerf plates were selling at 90k but now they are starting to go above the original offering of 100k.
    (1)

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast