Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I did this once or twice, found it super annoying and went back to farming the regular stuff. From what it sounds like to me some of you became way too reliant on it. And the fact that some of you guys seem outrage about the nerf is just bewildering to me.

Cruor has become a staple in the game at this point. I'm sure their be using it again for something else before you know it.
    (3)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibby View Post
    SE doesn't care what the players want. They'll do what they want, always have and always will.
    Square Enix is the only company I've know that give a shit about their costumers. oh rmt are costumers. "ToS" who cares?
    (2)

Forgive my brazilian english, if that matter.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    they nerfed buggard farming in misereaux, then demon farming in castle zwahl, this should have been done long ago espacially since players have warned SE about this when they released visons. the responsible are those maing cruor chains all day to artificially make gil (we know where they conme from). This linkshell named "profit" on quetzalcoatl farm/bot cruor chains all day. Happy cause theys end me mad tells every time they see me, for whatever reason.
    (2)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE doesn't care what the players want. They'll do what they want, always have and always will, in the hopes that it will create bigger time-sinks for the player-base so they can try to milk more cash from FFXI.
    Love your original statement, just felt it needed a little more.
    (6)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    SE doesn't care what the players want. They'll do what they want, always have and always will.
    New Producer, same as the old Producer.
    (6)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    Chillax, man. This really is a good change. There are still tons of different ways to make money, and if your heart is set on Dynamis you can always level PUP and avoid the inevitable BST rush entirely.

I have been making money for a little while now by falling back on The Old Ways of targeting mobs with high-value AHables and Vendables, and the killrate of a 99 character is pretty ludicrously inflated vs. that of a 75, even against relatively strong targets (90+). Walk of Echoes has a lot of potential as a moneymaker if a bunch of people show up, which has been squandered by the ease and accessibility of cruor.

IMO, the main strength of FFXI has always been the value of money and the variety of ways you can go about getting it; having one option clearly outstrip all others for accessibility and return is great at first but cruor has been a net negative in this regard. The damage has probably already been done, but here we are.

EDIT: by what right do you, flooding the market with cruored gil that you've in no way contributed to the overall economy of your server through goods or services to earn, get to call yourself "legit"?

I have the right to call myself legit considering ive never bought gil nor swindled or dicked someone over for anything i have. But hell, lets say everyones non legit because they used a vendor item to make money, lest we forget it took work to get the damned cruor.
    (2)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I like how everyone is blaming RMT.
    The majority of the people botting chocobo blinkers are average players, because a blinker bot is extremely readily available to anyone who seeks one.
    (1)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It's not making money that is bad in SE's eyes, but making money out of thin air, which NPCing causes. At the rate cruor was doing this, it's like giving the entire population a machine that prints dollar bills.
    This would be less of an issue if more crafting items where shop based. Problem with SE is they make a very high percentage of the items needed for crafting farmed. Players go farm them for money. If a lot more items where sold for reasonable prices at shops it would reverse the influence of gathering ingredients from enemies.

Lets look at echo drops. They are easy to craft easy to farm the ingredients. Because they are sold at NPCs this is a convenience. It also limits the amount players can charge for making them. I buy my echo drops from the NPC's because they're cheap and easier to gather even though I can craft them. EVERY GIL a player spends on shop items is one less gil in the economy. That money spent is gone!

When players traded crurer that was converted into gil. The items players bought where more or less putting the money back into the system if they made purchases from bazaars or the auction house. The solution for the problem is to sell more ingredients in shops. The more stuff that's available unlimited supply the more players will buy it. Unless these shops sell at extremely unreasonable amounts they should do well for the economy. It's simple really, if you can make gil out of thin air you should be able to buy items out of then air with it.
    (2)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    In the past Final Fantasy games, a player would get decent amount of gil based on the level of the monster or monsters they defeated. When is the last time anyone got gil from a monster? All the new stuff gives cruor. All the old stuff gives at most 30 gil a kill except nms. Where is the balance of actually getting decent rewards from difficult monsters. 1/500 chance to get the item you desire? This is wrong. As for people who claim blinkers aren't legit, well in today's society you can go gather apples and sell them to people for a profit, so selling something you collect is a legit way of making money. Cruor can be legitimately farmed and traded for items of value and then resold. However if a person doesn't contribute to the process then it is no longer legitimate. SE unless you come up with decent ideas on how a person can sustain themselves in your game you will fail. Fail at pleasing the customers, fail at sustaining the game, fail at keeping your jobs, just all around fail. That is the word that best describes this nerf because by taking away peoples means of attaining gil they are more prone to using rmt services, which of course are gonna get more expensive. If you want to quit failing then introduce methods that are reasonable for everyone to make decent headway at achieving their goals, and this includes making gil.
    (4)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I did this once or twice, found it super annoying and went back to farming the regular stuff. From what it sounds like to me some of you became way too reliant on it. And the fact that some of you guys seem outrage about the nerf is just bewildering to me.

Cruor has become a staple in the game at this point. I'm sure their be using it again for something else before you know it.
    INHO it's sex toys for everyone, because they seem to think we where screwed.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast