Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It was supposed to hurt RMT not legit players. The suggestions where to make the blinker mission 75+ and make the armor not npc. The changes hit everyone who used this as an outlet now RMT will turn to fishing or other alternatives.

Next stop DYNAMIS RMT floods.

It just gos to show you that given the chance to fix a problem the LAZY easy screw everyone is always used. I don't think STF wanted to invest time so instead of just finding the RMTS the devs killed everything. THat's why STF is nicknamed STFU from the players.
    (21)
    Last edited by Sarick; 10-23-2012 at 04:57 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Well done you Head Honchos at Squeenix , you've gone and alienated a lot of your player base now ... Why you didn't do this when the issue was first around I don't know . Spouting that its to prevent RMT really isn't going to wash with a lot of people , great job keeping your player base happy . Kudos to you ...
    (9)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I saw this coming, surprised it took them this long.

In case nobody's been keeping track, SE's nerfed every single way to make money for the past 7+ years. It hurts both RMT and real players as RMT just do what real players do anyway. I remember crafting tons of holy waters and NPCing them for profits, until SE nerfed it. Same with the various gardening methods out there.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I saw this coming, surprised it took them this long.

In case nobody's been keeping track, SE's nerfed every single way to make money for the past 7+ years. It hurts both RMT and real players as RMT just do what real players do anyway. I remember crafting tons of holy waters and NPCing them for profits, until SE nerfed it. Same with the various gardening methods out there.
    The problem is that legit players are making their money, LEGIT. And SE is taking that away because RMT are being RMT. They could you know, like screw over cleaving for xp. Like they did with smn burns I heard. I mean this may help with prices of things, but it won't stop RMT, and it makes farming gil harder. They're basically saying "go into a zone infested with 20 perle bst and try to make gil".
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is probably a needed change if the CPI's going to get back to anything remotely resembling sanity, but it's going to have to be followed by a pretty serious retooling of Voidwatch payouts.

The problem is that legit players are making their money, LEGIT. And SE is taking that away because RMT are being RMT. They could you know, like screw over cleaving for xp. Like they did with smn burns I heard. I mean this may help with prices of things, but it won't stop RMT, and it makes farming gil harder. They're basically saying "go into a zone infested with 20 perle bst and try to make gil".
    The fact that Dreamland Dynamis, absent competition, is the best way to make a lot of money doesn't mean it's the only way to make a lot of money. Still, I look forward to even more people trying to draw blood from a stone. 20 million gil relics, here I come!
    (3)
    Last edited by scaevola; 10-23-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They really need to rethink how they run this game, all in one push of a button you screwed us legit over and 'Countered' RMT. You maybe stopped them for a week at most, til they begin moving in on things we can actually farm outside cruor dumping. I predict rmt bsts soon in dynamis rather than them keeping to themselves in abyssea cleaving. There's other things you could of done surely than this. Doing content farming for gear while making money at the same time, while not needing to fight other players to make it, nor fight the player controlled auction house was awesome, thank you for screwing it over, just in case you didnt see it the past few times.
    (7)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrie View Post
    They really need to rethink how they run this game, all in one push of a button you screwed us legit over and 'Countered' RMT. You maybe stopped them for a week at most, til they begin moving in on things we can actually farm outside cruor dumping. I predict rmt bsts soon in dynamis rather than them keeping to themselves in abyssea cleaving. There's other things you could of done surely than this. Doing content farming for gear while making money at the same time, while not needing to fight other players to make it, nor fight the player controlled auction house was awesome, thank you for screwing it over, just in case you didnt see it the past few times.
    Chillax, man. This really is a good change. There are still tons of different ways to make money, and if your heart is set on Dynamis you can always level PUP and avoid the inevitable BST rush entirely.

I have been making money for a little while now by falling back on The Old Ways of targeting mobs with high-value AHables and Vendables, and the killrate of a 99 character is pretty ludicrously inflated vs. that of a 75, even against relatively strong targets (90+). Walk of Echoes has a lot of potential as a moneymaker if a bunch of people show up, which has been squandered by the ease and accessibility of cruor.

IMO, the main strength of FFXI has always been the value of money and the variety of ways you can go about getting it; having one option clearly outstrip all others for accessibility and return is great at first but cruor has been a net negative in this regard. The damage has probably already been done, but here we are.

EDIT: by what right do you, flooding the market with cruored gil that you've in no way contributed to the overall economy of your server through goods or services to earn, get to call yourself "legit"?
    (8)
    Last edited by scaevola; 10-23-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Tigeriss
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My concern is now the fact dyna will be way over camped and all the good decent places some of us had found for our relic currency farming will now be unable to be used by us because the rmts will be camping there with full alliances of rmts which in turn will now cause small parties to have to scrabble left overs for currency and completely waste the 2 hour time a day you get to farm your currency. If they make the currency unable to be bazaared that may cut down on rmt for there but that would make people who have millions of gil to spend peeved because they won't be able to buy currency to make fast relics. SO what I am mainly saying is this just caused a major problem for some and others just more annoyance. To wrap this up I am mainly getting at is now the next "fix" will probably be on dark rings and dyna currency.
    (1)

It's not making money that is bad in SE's eyes, but making money out of thin air, which NPCing causes. At the rate cruor was doing this, it's like giving the entire population a machine that prints dollar bills.
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's obvious who's behind all the shortsighted anti-RMT changes over the years:

I blame you, Mr. Magoo!
    (4)

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast