Thread: Hail.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroku View Post
    (RL friend rarely wanted to play so the game got boring.)
    Have said individual burn your levels in abyssea. Utsusemi: Ni is going to cost you, but after you burned your lvls in aby, you have a bunch of cruor to NPC so you can just buy it. Get your self a lolnnagi, they're realy easy to obtain and greatly increases your dmg.

Edit:
    Silly me for not reading the update first. They nerfed cruor NPCing because of RMTs finaly. lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 10-23-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    My advice would be if you see a beastmen seal keep it. The more the merrier. I'd say what's potentially the most expensive thing about playing a Ninja is the 2 Utsusemi spells, which are vital spells, your effectiveness as a tank is greatly reduced without them. On the AH they are ridiculously expensive. Utsusemi: Ichi is acquired via questing (which you need fame, but not a high level fame, but I can't remember off the top of my head) and Utsusemi: Ni is done through some BCNMs, but it is a rare drop. I tend to do the Royal Jelly BCNM, you just need 3 people and each orb you need to do the BCNM costs 40 beastmen seals and in BCNM groups the rule normally is, your orb your drops and you stick around for everybody else to use theirs.

If you get the spells that way, you've just saved yourself possibly 3million gil right there. When it comes to Ninja tools, you don't expend them that quickly and as somebody already said, it's better when you get Ninja Tool Expertise, I've got my mine merited for that reason. I wouldn't say it's the most expensive job out there, I've probably spent a lot more on my COR and my PUP.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Utsu ni isn't that rare a drop, really. You have two chances per run, one at ~11% and another at ~18%, if we are to believe the wikis. However, the BCNM also drops Phalanx at around a 27% drop rate, which at my server sells for 1.5 millions. Selling that will net you some money for other ninjutsu scrolls, tools or whatever you want.

The BCNM is relatively easy, so don't worry. Basically, any two DD that doesn't use blunt weapons will do, and a rdm to debuff the mobs,specifically with gravity and bind. Last time I did it, the rdm didn't even have any gear on, as it was just leveled as a sub for the person helping me.
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Aye, there's much rarer items out there, I got one on my second run (and stupidly, sold it, as I did later end up levelling NIN when my seals weren't in such abundance), but I have known some folks try multiple times and just get unlucky and eventually give in and buy it. I think it's good to collect as many beastmen seals as you can whilst levelling up just in case you're one of those unlucky folks. Also, never hurts to have lots of beastmen seals either, you can repeat these runs to loot stuff to sell on AH and make good money.

Usually when I do Royal Jelly my team is:
    2 Dragoons and a Scholar (me). I manage to keep folks healed at a decent enough pace and sublimation is useful for that last burst and well timed stratagems help for making the most of your MP. Though RDM is the usual recommendation. I think from my LS 2 people duo'd it as DRG/DNC as well. As long as you can get the jellies killed quickly enough before they merge into a princess jelly, it's all good. As said, it is a relatively easy BCNM to do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Saefinn; 10-27-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Yeah. The reason for bind/gravity is to buy you time to kill them all before they reach the center. If you can kill them fast enough, that's not an issue anyway. I feel pretty confident that another DD with self heals instead of the rdm would work just as well. For example, a blu, dnc, or another drg. A whm could probably work as well, considering they have access to haste at that level.

The mobs are relatively low level too, so if the mages do not need to rest mp, they might as well just melee along with the rest for faster kill speed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-27-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Character
    Kuroku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 30
    UPDATE: APPARENTLY NO GIVES A S ABOUT BIG FOOT SO F HIM

No but seriously, got to level 50NIN/25DNC or /25WAR, game is extremely fun and really addictive lol.

Did Royal Jelly tonight, 2x Utsusemi: Ni, 1x Phalanx, Marksman's Ring, 2x slime oil for loot. I'm no longer a squishy ninja!

Killed Ankabut with a THF from LS and he dropped Tsugumi. Barely had to wait 5 mins and he spawned, which was nice.
    (1)

Yeah. While there might be some problems in the game today, the part where you're easily able to catch up and get "good enough" to start working on the very best gear is definitely in order. That's a pretty good thing.
    (1)

Character
    Kuroku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 30
    I honestly don't like to level fast haha, I've been taking my time and trying to learn what to do, since the game doesn't give much direction. I'm highly thankful for the players that have been helping me in the last week.
    (1)

Even if you aren't rushing, you definitely are catching up a lot faster than you could ever do before. The pace you are comfortable with seems to be a pace that is actually possible to progress at, while before, the game might have limited your progress to less than what you feel was a good pace, and that could have made you feel bored and want to stop .
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2