Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    The only thing that you have to get hit by is either Oblivion Smash x2 or Violent Rupture x2 when it splits. SMN can generally survive either with Stoneskin and PDT gear.

Also I have killed ADL without PD.
    you see I can survive those on SCH too with PDT gear and stoneskin. The problem is, until you actually are able to reach out to your melees to cure them (because you need to save yourself first) they will most likely be dead. If those AoE would be only 15' instead of 30', ADL would be managable without PD. The problem is if your support dies, your front line will eat dirt too.
    The problem is due to largely enhanced AoE range of ADL, mages cant stand anywhere safe + be in cureing range, because his AoE exeeds 21'
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Were you around at any point during the 8 years before Abyssea? There was multitude of endgame content (everything but AV and PW) that was challenging but beatable without exploiting game mechanics like that. Things involving hate control, crowd control, physical/magical damage phases, melees timing their battle phases, tanks and backup tanks, positioning, kiting, etc.

Sure I was around back then, but I'm talking about new stuff, not just rehashing old stuff (as fun as it was).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's Pchan, what did you expect? He is an arrogant hypocrite, everyone knows that. But he was spot on with his complaint. People need to stop looking at who said it and instead look at what's being said.
    I said this >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    I do think that these abilities are being overused because their effectiveness however, I see other issues with the original post that make it inapt.
    Did you even read my full post? I didn't ninja edit anything extra in, if you look a post later you can see someone quoted me. Outside the removal of the word "of" nothing has changed.

I'm spot on already. Question is, why are you trying to preach this to me after I already explained everything?
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 10-22-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The only reason Pchan made this thread was to indirectly brag about killing ADL with 3 accounts. It would be a hilarious turn of events if SE saw this and decided MNK needed nerfing.
    (12)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you see I can survive those on SCH too with PDT gear and stoneskin. The problem is, until you actually are able to reach out to your melees to cure them (because you need to save yourself first) they will most likely be dead. If those AoE would be only 15' instead of 30', ADL would be managable without PD. The problem is if your support dies, your front line will eat dirt too.
    The problem is due to largely enhanced AoE range of ADL, mages cant stand anywhere safe + be in cureing range, because his AoE exeeds 21'
    I should point out that we don't usually kill it without Perfect Defense we just did one time because we ran out of Astral flows and everyone was up for it.

I don't try and stand out of AoE. I stand with my back to the palace to prevent the knock back. If it's violent rupture it's easy cause I can just squall as soon as my melee are on it.

If it's Oblivion Smash it's harder because it's does more damage and I can't squall till the add effect paralyze is off. My whm is usually gets it off me quickly. Lately I've been carrying remedies too.

If I were playing SCH I would be dropping PT after Embrava and Regen V and locking Tabula Rasa on the ???.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    The only reason Pchan made this thread was to indirectly brag about killing ADL with 3 accounts.
    Agreed. I think anyone who has done ADL will think that he was lucky that it didn't summon again and that the first one they targetted was the real one. (He might have just did ADLs till the first one was the real one though.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Reain; 10-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reain View Post
    Agreed. I think anyone who has done ADL will think that he was lucky that it didn't summon again and that the first one they targetted was the real one. (He might have just did ADLs till the first one was the real one though.)
    Not a single person doubts this is what happend lol. It took him like 2 weeks to post that video lol
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Question is, why are you trying to preach this to me after I already explained everything?
    I'm not, my post was entirely unrelated to you. I just quoted you because you were the last of the few posts complaining about Pchan being a hypocrite, as if that somehow made his point invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    The only reason Pchan made this thread was to indirectly brag about killing ADL with 3 accounts. It would be a hilarious turn of events if SE saw this and decided MNK needed nerfing.
    While that would be hilarious, it still wouldn't stop him from bragging. MNK is nowhere near as good as he thinks it is, yet he will always pretend that it's overgodly and say so every chance he gets because he's too lazy or unable to play any other jobs.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

I'm not, my post was entirely unrelated to you. I just quoted you because you were the last of the few posts complaining about Pchan being a hypocrite, as if that somehow made his point invalid.
    What makes his post invalid is the fact that SE already stated that the content will be adjusted, so this is just a load of arguing for nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    SE already said they were nerfing PD and Embrava, whats the point of this thread?
    Doesn't address the core issue. That the mobs are unbeatable without.
    (0)

Player
    They said they are nerfing PD/Embrava, they said they are nerfing the content that requires them, we covered that.
    (2)

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast