Thread: Diabolos Prime

Character
    Tykia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 55

Diabolos Prime

Hello I am new to FFXI.. So please over look my noobness on this question please.. I was wondering if it was possible to get Diabolos before the other Avatars? I couldn't find a post about this anywhere. I'm grinding my fame now for the other avatars and realized that it didn't say anything about needing fame for him? Thanks for any info given in advance.

Tykia
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You do need Windurst fame level 3, to my knowledge, and as an additional requirement you need to be on Chains of Promathia chapter 4 (need to beat Diabolos in Darkness Named, 3-5).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tykia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 55
    Ahh OK then think I'm gonna focus on CoP and try to get him 1st this fame grind is no fun hehe
    (0)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    If you have another job, maxing fame is easy. Farm/buy 24ish stacks of boyada moss and turn in at selbina, then use the profit from that to buy a quest instrument in bastok, and zinc from ah to max windy and tenshodo. It's a bit tedious though.

Whatever you do though, don't complete the mini-fork quests. You'll thank me later.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarahs View Post
    Whatever you do though, don't complete the mini-fork quests. You'll thank me later.
    No, he won't. Having them was borderline useless back in the day, it's completely useless now.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Tykia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 55
    Yeah I had planned on doing the solo battles but a friend from my linkshell said i should keep them for teleporting to the prime locations for 1) My AF Armor chain 2) To beat the primes for Fenrir quest.

So that's what I am doing that is everyone for the help!
    Gonna try that cornet muling trick for windy fame tonight.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    No, he won't. Having them was borderline useless back in the day, it's completely useless now.
    You need to go back again for fenrir and again for ring. That alone makes them useful. VW warps help a ton but it's still faster to get to titan by bastok VW warp > mini fork. Same for any other avatars though mybe not all. Anyway the fights are so easy if you have a high level friend, just warp there and enter the real fight and let them kill it for you.

I did all mini fights apart from garuda (which I already had) and Titan (just couldn't beat him) and I regretted it when I had to re-visit it. There's also a quest that needs you to go to cloister of frost to get an item, and the weighted door quest for QSC requires an item frm cloister of tremors.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 10-20-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    You need to go back again for fenrir and again for ring. That alone makes them useful.
    I meant as in, you don't need to hoard them forever, like people did back in the day. Can keep them for those two events, although they're still only borderline useful even for those. I still would never recommend to keep them, because the inventory alone is worth a lot more than saving a few minutes of your FFXI career.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You know you don't need to keep hold of the mini forks. You pick them up warp then drop em. Next day you go back to the guy and say your dog at your fork (no joke). So there is absolutely no down side to having this nice little free warp.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    You know you don't need to keep hold of the mini forks. You pick them up warp then drop em. Next day you go back to the guy and say your dog at your fork (no joke). So there is absolutely no down side to having this nice little free warp.
    It prevents you from completing the quests.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast