Thread: TH Procing

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AndytheRaven View Post
    Hmm well that's going into slightly different territory, even I have been incline to think you need to at least land an attack, but of course never have test it nor am I interested in doing so lol
    This is incorrect. Missed ranged attacks, missed hits etc will all apply TH. It's very easy to test if you are skeptical.

As a point of interest though, there may be some abilities that do not apply TH due to some interference with the effects that they apply.

Steps from /DNC for example seem to screw with TH application and will not apply TH if they are your first action on a mob.

There may be other cases of this, but I am not aware of any.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 10-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    Steps from /DNC for example seem to screw with TH application and will not apply TH if they are your first action on a mob.

There may be other cases of this, but I am not aware of any.
    Flourishes as well, as I am told. I haven't had a chance to confirm either yet. Provoke and Bully definitely do apply TH though.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Steps are also incapable of claiming monsters if it's the first action.
    (1)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    coool, lol I didn't know any of that. (last 3 posts, minus the applying thf on missed range etc.)
    (0)

Character
    Dreamers
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A way to prove to your friend that you do not need to see the TH proc in the logs is to do VW. When you open the chest at the end of a VW battle, it shows your spectral allignment. It will also say something like "Your spectral allignment has been increased by x% across all spectrums", X being the TH that was applied to the mob if any TH was applied to the mob. If you have a 99thf wearing full TH gear (knife/hands+2/feet+2) tag the mob once and sit out the rest of the of the fight, everyone will see 7% in the message, and everyone in the pt will have that 7% added to all thier lights.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dreamers; 10-20-2012 at 02:15 AM.
    To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

Happy Friday everyone!

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but I wanted to share some information about Treasure Hunter.

This post might get a bit complicated since it is about Treasure Hunter, but that is the nature of the beast, as they say.

To shed some light of the background before I drop some knowledge bombs, there was a test performed by your fellow adventurers in Japan, and they noticed that after initially hitting the monster with maximum TH+ gear equipped and then switching to non-TH gear, the rate in which the TH value increased was reduced.

Now that you have the background…

Adding Treasure Hunter+ via equipment, or other means, will not increase the rate at which the Treasure Hunter value grows, as this is a set rate. However, when the value of Treasure Hunter placed on a monster and the value of the Treasure Hunter on your character are different, this will cause the growth rate to vary. With that said, if you want to increase the Treasure Hunter value, it is best to utilize equipment that has the Treasure Hunter+ effect. By unequipping Treasure Hunter+ gear, you are essentially creating a gap between the value placed on the monster and your character, which results in an inefficient means for increasing the TH value.

There have been requests to make it so that it's possible to switch out TH+ gear after the TH effect is placed on a monster, but as there is a concern that this would reduce the value of equipment with Treasure Hunter+ and also takes away all the hard work some players have put into maximize their Treasure Hunter, we would like to keep it as it is currently.
    (24)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    There have been requests to make it so that it's possible to switch out TH+ gear after the TH effect is placed on a monster, but as there is a concern that this would reduce the value of equipment with Treasure Hunter+ and also takes away all the hard work some players have put into maximize their Treasure Hunter, we would like to keep it as it is currently.
    I don't know about everyone else but thieves I run with have always swapped out after the first hit and they have all TH+ gear THF gets. Sounds more like the devs don't want to change it because that requires work.
    (29)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    I don't know about everyone else but thieves I run with have always swapped out after the first hit and they have all TH+ gear THF gets. Sounds more like the devs don't want to change it because that requires work.
    This exactly. Every good THF carries all of the TH+ gear (aside from the knife in a lot of cases), whether they just use it to tag the mob with initial high TH, or whether they full-time it for fraster procs. Removing the need to full time the gear would make for faster fights though as we can wear full DD gear instead after the initial proc.
    (21)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wouldn't matter if they made TH+ gear worth TPing in.
    (29)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I agree with the two above posters, and understand I guess if the dev team wants THFs to full time TH gear, but maybe consider adding some options in the same gear slots that currently have TH+ gear. People wouldn't mind if you made some gear that was nearly impossible to get that had TH+ as well as great melee stats. Since people could just wear the current options while they're working on the harder to obtain options. I think it would add some fun to THF and eliminate the need to decide between TH and damage. The current options are in fact extremely easy to obtain these days, so much that it took me 2 days of casual play to get them all when I decided to re-gear my thf a while back.
    (7)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast