Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TH Procing

Player

TH Procing

Ok so my friend and I are having a little argument about TH, as such I would like to ask the community opinion. Personal I think its a dumb question but here goes:

He says TH needs to proc as in show in the log the effectiveness in order to have any TH what so ever. I of course keep telling him even if its not on the log you still get what ever your gear has as well as pets, /thf don't get a log proc and yet clearly get it sooo.....

Does TH need to "proc" in order to have TH on a mob yes or no?
    (1)

The log only shows increases. Initial TH is always on as long as the char with TH currently has hate on the NM.

P.s. By hate i mean any enmity, not the most. Any action, even missed ranged attacks put you on enmity list.
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AndytheRaven View Post
    No. We lived with no procs for like 8 or 9 years. There's no good reason why the basics would have changed with procs. If he really believes in what he believes in then challenge him to go out and farm any too weak mob like I know he's probably done time and again like all of us have. His drop rates will be in check of his TH level.

To put it another way, I am 100% certain I can go out to saru and farm crawlers and have the same ole drop rate I've always had with TH2+. I would even leave and come back with TH0 just for a comparison. Procs were created for I presume to extend your base TH on monsters to make THF more attractive to use over BST(pre nerf) or /thf jobs because TH3 trait sucks and they know it, not as the new method of applying TH.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    The log only shows increases. Initial TH is always on as long as the char with TH currently has hate on the NM.

P.s. By hate i mean any enmity, not the most. Any action, even missed ranged attacks put you on enmity list.
    Hmm well that's going into slightly different territory, even I have been incline to think you need to at least land an attack, but of course never have test it nor am I interested in doing so lol
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You need to have performed an action of the target. Simply being on the hate list/having enmity isn't enough (IE curing someone with hate will not tag TH).
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    You need to have performed an action of the target. Simply being on the hate list/having enmity isn't enough (IE curing someone with hate will not tag TH).
    That is correct. And you don't even need to be on the hate list at all, if you die, for example, TH will remain on the mob.

And yes, as others said, you don't need to see a message to have TH. The message is just for upgrades. If you get a TH message "TH effectives reaches level 7" or whatever the exact message is, it means that TH6 was on before (unless it was the first hit, which is irrelevant for this discussion).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Your friend is wrong. You can even do Cyclone/Diaga/whatever on a pack of mobs and it will tag them all with TH.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by AndytheRaven View Post
    Ok so my friend and I are having a little argument about TH, as such I would like to ask the community opinion. Personal I think its a dumb question but here goes:

He says TH needs to proc as in show in the log the effectiveness in order to have any TH what so ever. I of course keep telling him even if its not on the log you still get what ever your gear has as well as pets, /thf don't get a log proc and yet clearly get it sooo.....

It does not. Additionally, if you want actual first-hand evidence, you can produce this by tagging a mob with TH5, for example, then have that character disengage, for so to bring a naked thf with just TH3 on it.

The first upgrade that TH3-thief will make will be from 5 to 6, even if he only had 3 initially. If the mob was never tagged with TH6 from the first thief because of no upgrade, the first upgrade from the TH3-thief would have been from 3 to 4.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-17-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I'm not exactly savvy on the TH aspects of Thief, so could you possibly explain this in more detail please?
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    I'm not exactly savvy on the TH aspects of Thief, so could you possibly explain this in more detail please?
    Main, or sub job thf (or a thf item equiped) and engage the mob, I.e. do something to make the mob hit you, doesn't matter who kills after that point, the thfs lowest th is applied once an act is preformed on the mob. Jig, nin spell w/e.

Edit: An offensive action , after the thf applies th (treasure hunter)(hits the mob) and continues to beat on the mob messages "may" appear, xyz's treasure hunter on the mob increases to "next # in thfs th ability"... Bare bone thf @99 = th 3, .... So a bare thf hitting a mob will always have th 3 on the mob, add a thf knife th 4 min, add assassin armlet th 5, thf af3 +2 th 6.... Min. From the initial attack, it will increase... But never lower than the initial th applied. What th does.... Lol no one really knows what it does, some think it adds to % r/e items have to drop, others think it adds another roll to whether or not any item drops. S.e. never really said what it actually does. Imo not much difference between main thf, and /thf other than Eva,but meh, I like thf mains.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nawesemo; 10-18-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast