Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TH Procing

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    This is great info to have confirmed, thank you Camate. Personally I am okay not swapping out relic+2 gloves and empyrean+2 feet as they are very good pieces anyway (sure i would prefer to swap in some pieces over them for weaponskills and such).

Any chance we'll see a new dagger with th+1, or a synergy recipe or magian trial for thief's knife though?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    First you wrote:

then you wrote

........wut
    I think it's a Japanese thing. This is technically correct wording, even if it confuses the hell out of some people. TH gear does not increase the upgrade chance directly, but it lessens the TH difference which indirectly increases it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    Any chance we'll see a new dagger with th+1, or a synergy recipe or magian trial for thief's knife though?
    That wouldn't really help, as was said several times before. Then you'd still have to choose between using one TH dagger or two TH daggers, unless they did some shenanigans like making one only work if the other one isn't equipped. Also, it would still suck damage-wise, if they did something like this to block the effect of the original one, it should not be in a weapon slot, so you don't have to lose TP anymore.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    So far as I knew you can not have 2 items that have a Rare tag on them with the same name, in which case the simple solution is to call the lv90~99 version, Thief's Knife.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    So far as I knew you can not have 2 items that have a Rare tag on them with the same name, in which case the simple solution is to call the lv90~99 version, Thief's Knife.
    That would basically be an augmented Thief's Knife (a different item with the same name is probably even impossible), which has also been suggested, but there is currently no way to upgrade weapons this way. SE would have to invent an entirely new system just for that Thief's Knife, although they could potentially include other items as well, but it's still unlikely to happen. There has been a lot of discussion on it here.

I still say screw it, this is not on a list of worries at all. TH is a ridiculous argument for gameplay, in either direction. It's not something that should stand out in the first place, but a sidegrade to the job's other unique features, of which THF currently has close to none, and that's the real issue, not increasing the drop chance by a marginal amount.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Player
    Really imo the 3 unique things to a thief job has always been the ability to steal, the ability to increase drops, and the ability to sneak around. Those 3 things exist for THF, also they have good hate control tools within a party, the only problem is that hate is worthless.

As for making a new system, I don't think that would be needed, probably just make a quest of some sort where you obtain a Thief's Knife that is level 90~99, and I think it would work because so far as I know items have basically an ID number. No item can have the same ID number, meaning they are still different items, kinda like how I assume Relics/Mythics/Emps work with having many leveled versions, all with the same name, but not actually augmented.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    ........wut
    This. You contradicted yourself in the same point, in two back-to-back sentences. I'm more inclined to believe that TH does increase the proc rate because of how the post is structured though.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Really imo the 3 unique things to a thief job has always been the ability to steal, the ability to increase drops, and the ability to sneak around. Those 3 things exist for THF, also they have good hate control tools within a party, the only problem is that hate is worthless.
    Even if hate was relevant, their hate control is kinda terrible. Hate is extremely volatile and they can only take and deliver hate once a minute (at best), and only for one party member. This is entirely useless, even if hate management was something worth considering.

As for making a new system, I don't think that would be needed, probably just make a quest of some sort where you obtain a Thief's Knife that is level 90~99, and I think it would work because so far as I know items have basically an ID number.
    And why would they make it for Thief's Knife only and for no other weapon? TH is just a single stat, and Thief's Knife just one random item, why should they get special treatment?

No item can have the same ID number, meaning they are still different items, kinda like how I assume Relics/Mythics/Emps work with having many leveled versions, all with the same name, but not actually augmented.
    They are augmented, they just don't have any yellow font on them, which has always been optional. I don't know how it's handled internally though, hence why I said "probably", judging by the mess the rest of their code is in.

Regardless, that would still be a flaky solution. Unless they make it as powerful as comparable knives we'd still have to gimp our damage, and people would swap it out anyway. And once new daggers are released with the new expansion, it would fall behind again, so they'd have to keep upgrading it.

Putting that stat on a weapon in the first place was retarded, any future updates in that direction would be equally pointless for the same reasons.
    (1)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    treasure hunter was added, they increased its value at 75. At cap increase, the TH value was increased again, now ppl complaining that they cant hit once and switch off TH gear. Ppl are greedy. (Guess it goes hand in hand with thief)

At least now i can /laugh at ppl that used to criticize me for staying in TH gear on mobs (when drop was needed)
    (1)

Player
    The reason for doing it to Thief's Knife and nothing else is because no other job has had a weapon that is so important for a job that they would actually consider gimping their damage just to use it, even for only one hit. No other job has any weapon outside of Relic/Mythic/Emp that actually gets to be that high in use for any job, even PUPs got an Animator from the T3 Windy NM, but THFs are stuck with this wore down dagger with crap stats, it deserves upgrading for that exact reason. SE seems to make it sound as one of THF's main uses is TH, it is, if its so important to the job though, doesn't it make more sense for them to specifically better the options surrounding it? I agree putting TH on a wep was a stupid idea, but its done, and unless they do make a piece of gear that does not work in conjuncture with the knife, its use will always be there, and unless its upgraded, it will always suck.
    (1)

Dear Developers.

No one likes to TP in their TH gear. In fact, I hate using my thief's knife, because its damage rating is so extremely low that the reduced kill speed from using it probably leads to fewer drops over time than if I had used a different weapon in my off-hand.

If you care about thieves and their thief knives at all, make a trial for it that keeps the name, but increases damage and level requirements. This way, we wouldn't be asked to equip the new thief's knife and offhand the old one, which would put us back in the same situation as before.

Alternatively, make a new TH dagger that only works if you aren't wearing "Thief's knife".
    (2)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast