Thread: TH Procing

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We would like to keep it as it is currently.
    We would like you to change this.

-signed, every single THF in Vana'diel.

No THF wants to have to wear Treasure Hunter gear full-time to raise TH level.

Thief's knife is a LEVEL 70 DAGGER! Assassin's Armlets and Raider's Poulaines +2 are all very very very very weak equipment to melee in!

To your other point. All of these equipment are very easy to get. There is no "hard work" associated with obtaining Max TH equipment. It can all be done in less than a day....solo.

You must know by reading these boards how bad this problem is with several threads dedicated to this ver issue regarding Thief's knife and the lack of esire for us to melee in TH gear.

Is it really that you want THF to remain a weak job?

What happens when you inevitably add more +TH equipment. Do we just have to walk around with a body full of weak +TH gear?

This is a PRIME example of the HUGE disconnect between the developement team and the playerbase with regards to THF.

CHANGE THIS!
    (31)
    Last edited by Nebo; 11-10-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Happy Friday everyone!

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but I wanted to share some information about Treasure Hunter.

This post might get a bit complicated since it is about Treasure Hunter, but that is the nature of the beast, as they say.
    Oh man this is gonna be popcorn worthy! BRB.

To shed some light of the background before I drop some knowledge bombs
    Oh geez brb for drink

there was a test performed by your fellow adventurers in Japan, and they noticed that after initially hitting the monster with maximum TH+ gear equipped and then switching to non-TH gear, the rate in which the TH value increased was reduced.

Now that you have the background…
    I AM READY WITH 'CORN AND DRINK IN HANDS

Adding Treasure Hunter+ via equipment, or other means, will not increase the rate at which the Treasure Hunter value grows, as this is a set rate. However, when the value of Treasure Hunter placed on a monster and the value of the Treasure Hunter on your character are different, this will cause the growth rate to vary. With that said, if you want to increase the Treasure Hunter value, it is best to utilize equipment that has the Treasure Hunter+ effect. By unequipping Treasure Hunter+ gear, you are essentially creating a gap between the value placed on the monster and your character, which results in an inefficient means for increasing the TH value.
    .....um... ohhhhhh. Never again.

Anyways, I will ask Cam to remind the devs that I will agree with their stance as soon as they give us a new higher level dagger with TH, preferably a THF knife upgrade so I won't be tempted to wear two gimped knives. They do owe this to us at the very least now that we're lv99 and not 75 anymore. I'm not going to demand it but the devs know. They know darn well what the right thing to do here is. I don't have much of a problem with being given choices, and to sacrifice something for something else to better accomplish my goals. But I want justice in the matter. Something like 40 dmg or higher with a 176 delay since you know the entire reason of the level cap lift was being made more powerful for more powerful foes and all I don't think a 176 delay TH knife is suddenly going to cause the universe to explode. 100 delay might but not 176. Might lose a planet or two at most but those are acceptable losses imho.
    (4)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I don't see this as a problem. TH at higher values is borderline useless, who cares if you have TH6 or TH10 on? I'm fine with it as it is. TH is the least of THF's problems. I'd rather they removed TH entirely and made THF worth having outside of it.
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Suji
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    but as there is a concern that this would reduce the value of equipment with Treasure Hunter+ and also takes away all the hard work some players have put into maximize their Treasure Hunter
    You heard it here first: SE is more concerned about potentially reducing the value of your 200k Lv70 TH knife than your 200mil Mandau.

Maxing TH isn't something that's rare or requires hard work. It's an entry level requirement for any functioning THF.
    (20)

Player
    First you wrote:
    Camate Wrote: Adding Treasure Hunter+ via equipment, or other means, will not increase the rate at which the Treasure Hunter value grows, as this is a set rate.
    then you wrote
    if you want to increase the Treasure Hunter value, it is best to utilize equipment that has the Treasure Hunter+ effect.
    ........wut
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    We would like you to change this.

-signed, every single THF in Vana'diel.
    Signed.

(7)

Player
    Happy Friday everyone!

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but I wanted to share some information about Treasure Hunter.

This post might get a bit complicated since it is about Treasure Hunter, but that is the nature of the beast, as they say.

To shed some light of the background before I drop some knowledge bombs, there was a test performed by your fellow adventurers in Japan, and they noticed that after initially hitting the monster with maximum TH+ gear equipped and then switching to non-TH gear, the rate in which the TH value increased was reduced.

Now that you have the background…

Adding Treasure Hunter+ via equipment, or other means, will not increase the rate at which the Treasure Hunter value grows, as this is a set rate. However, when the value of Treasure Hunter placed on a monster and the value of the Treasure Hunter on your character are different, this will cause the growth rate to vary. With that said, if you want to increase the Treasure Hunter value, it is best to utilize equipment that has the Treasure Hunter+ effect. By unequipping Treasure Hunter+ gear, you are essentially creating a gap between the value placed on the monster and your character, which results in an inefficient means for increasing the TH value.

There have been requests to make it so that it's possible to switch out TH+ gear after the TH effect is placed on a monster, but as there is a concern that this would reduce the value of equipment with Treasure Hunter+ and also takes away all the hard work some players have put into maximize their Treasure Hunter, we would like to keep it as it is currently.
    Thanks for sharing the data Camate this is more along the lines of transparency i think the player base would like to see more of.

That said i hope that this reaches your eyes/ears and is taken to heart, TH gear is far from hard to obtain now that they have made the adjustments to Dynamis and Sozu, not that the player base has great faith in high level TH as it stands currently however all you manage to accomplish by a modified rate based on relative TH level is forcing THF's to play in a sub par manner.
    (2)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There have been requests to make it so that it's possible to switch out TH+ gear after the TH effect is placed on a monster, but as there is a concern that this would reduce the value of equipment with Treasure Hunter+ and also takes away all the hard work some players have put into maximize their Treasure Hunter, we would like to keep it as it is currently.
    What a piece of nonsense.

Asn. Armlets +2
    90 [Hands] All Races
    DEF:21 CHR+7 Accuracy+9 Evasion+9 Enmity+5 "Treasure Hunter"+2
    LV 90 THF

Raid. Poulaines +2
    81 [Feet] All Races
    DEF:23 AGI+15 Evasion+11 "Treasure Hunter"+1 Enhances "Despoil" effect Set: Augments "Triple Attack"
    LV 81 THF

Thief's Knife
    70 [Main] All Races
    DPS: 866 DMG:28 Delay:194 "Treasure Hunter"+1
    LV 70 THF

Not a single Haste, Attack, STR, DEX on this equipment. Thief's Knife Damage rating 2x lower than Mandau99. You're suggesting Thieves to full time all of this? In endgame? Go tell WARs SAMs MNKs DRGs NINs BLUs, pretty much everyone, to use a lv70 weapon and some junk armor with Haste -8 (losing Haste+4 on hands and feet) and see what they tell you.
    Being forced from now on to full time this junk in Legion, Provenance, Odin v2, Meeble Burrows, Salvage and whatever other event you come up in the future and fall back in damage even further compared with other front line damage dealers is humiliating.
    You're telling me to take pride in my TH+ equipment when at the same time it makes me a laughing stock of a damage dealer? What about all the hard work I have put into getting a decent damage+ off-hand dagger, hands and feet?!
    You got it wrong.
    (27)
    Last edited by Zirael; 11-10-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Please add some kind of incentive to THFs to continue to melee in TH gear. Make it increase Crit rate or something, if you are going to expect them to full time it.

Add a magian trial to theif's knife so you can at least make it lvl 90~ worthy. Attach it to a Coruscanti or an Asteria.

No one is jealous or envious of THFs. They have good evasion and the ability to add TH to things. How is that good enough, when TH isn't applicable in all situations?
    (7)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In current set up I sacrifice a whole 3% haste and 3% DA to wear two pieces of TH gear, which isn't bad. However, I refused to constantly swap in/out TH knife due to how bad the D rating is at lvl 99 let along keep it on full time. I also like how Camate states keeping TH gear on increases the proc rate based on JP player base testing, but doesn't cite his source nor reveal just how much of a difference it makes based on these findings.

SE does a wonderful job of using TH as a scapegoat to deny giving thf additional performance upgrades, but after seeing how certain content is constantly removing the desire for TH not to mention the "hate placing abilities" of thf due to a poorly dealt with enmity system (hey SE, there should be some jobs with an ability to have hate over the current cap, just saying!) I seriously doubt SE will ever give an upgrade to an outdated dagger let alone a new option with better damage rating. I mean, look at how well they have dealt with rdm! Everybody wants a Rdm, right guys?!? (/sarcasm) Thus my hope they will ever do anything to upgrade or add a better TH dagger is non-existent at this point.
    (3)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast