Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    What I really wish, without necessarily changing race or gender, is a 'barber shop', where you can at least change hairstyle and colour. Of course with regular new hairstyles updates.

But in this game the hairstyle is tied with the face look, so that cannot happen.
    (1)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Server change breaks lore. BLU/PUP/COR Relic in Dynamis breaks lore.

At least with race/server change, you can say "a wizard did it," which is a hell of a lot better than the explanation (or lack thereof) for near-Eastern jobs' armor in Dynamis.
    Pfft, clearly the force of altana hired a bunch of immortals, pirates and clowns from the near east(and in the near future they'll be recruiting ricers and fabulous swordsmen) to fight their battle for them, but made sure to tell everyone to be very hush-hush about it.

Server transfers are just a invisible maw sucking people up.

That's the great thing about lore. You can have it change to accommodate whatever stupid thing is going on, no matter how contrived, and they'll convince themselves it's incredible storytelling.
    (3)

Character
    Bluebeam
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 75
    Any more news on this? Im a returning player who would like to change my toon and name.
    (1)

Character
    Killharj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i agree why not be able to fix our characters more to our liking maybe a 1 time only thing or possibly once per 8 - 10 years of being on ffxi idk should be something they could do for players that have been loyal and made se and playonline so much success over the years ^^ You cant tell me that they havent made money over the years, or that it couldnt be done easily on their part.
    (2)

Player
    Offering a race/appearance change would be fine imo. The idea to make all races the same statwise, and only different in appearance however is a terrible idea.
    (1)

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It'd be kind of nice, if only because my name's borked up (Blame CGing during the 360 Beta test, half asleep, no keyboard handy, and before they had fixed a text-size bug for HD TVs) but if I never get one, oh well.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriOhki View Post
    my name's borked up (Blame CGing during the 360 Beta test, half asleep, no keyboard handy, and before they had fixed a text-size bug for HD TVs)
    While I'm not sure that there will ever be an official name change service, I do believe you might be able to find an exception for yourself. Contact SE support, make a thread about it, and explain your case while asking for a special exception.

Changing a name is possible, GMs are capable of it (although not allowed to except in very, very special circumstances). A few years back when SE did the server merges they offered a one time name change after the merge for players who had chosen their names poorly when there was a naming conflict during the merge. I believe that you can make an appeal to the human element of SE's customer service, especially if the issue is only getting a few L and I letters swapped around.

When you make your case, be very clear what happened and why you want the change now, and even admit you never thought of it before. I think you might find some form of resolution in this matter that doesn't include changing servers twice.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7