Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Dynamis was always a monstrous piece of work. So anything they do can only be an improvement.
    (0)

Character
    Aodecant
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiine View Post
    ... Also, the deliberate or inadvertant omission of the Dreamland Dynamis zones from the orginal post is noteworthy. Will those zones still require a reservation (hourglass, etc) and not receive an upgrade/reworking?
    I think the reason they omitted the CoP dynamis zones is simply a technical reason. If they are removing the need for reservations, then it will be an open area, much like abyssea zones. Which means, you could have a ton of people enter, way more than the original 64 person limit for the RoZ dynamis zones. This, with maybe a server hardware upgrade or redistribution of mobs, will still work though: the zones are open enough that the lag (while high) will not be 100% unplayable.

While the first 3 CoP dynamis zones could probably also support this many players with mob location adjustments, Dynamis-Tavnazia is simply too small and packed as it is to move mobs into an arrangement that allows for a similar experience to what is already there, and playable levels of lag.

Not to mention, that when mobs are moved, trigger conditions for pops will have to be adjusted. In cities, aggro'ing statues or killing NMs might pop some mobs, but the mobs popped don't pose a significantly higher difficulty in most cases.

In CoP dynamis, especially Dynamis-Tavnazia, the location and number of new pops, combined with the close-quarters fighting, presents a unique challenge: it may be too hard (at the moment) to adjust the zone to support multiple concurrent groups while still providing that level of difficulty.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    I am going to need some clarification on this, because I don't understand the "Reservations will no longer be required to enter the above areas" thing. Are they making Dynamis into a new Walk of Echos type thing (anyone can enter at any time, shared pool anyone can access even if they do no work) or is it going to be a new Abyssea type thing (your own work, your own loot)?

Some clarification would be very much appreciated.
    ^ This.

Overall though, I'm pretty excited about the changes to Dynamis. Dynamis is starting to get pretty stale for my LS at this point, and I'm fairly sure that these new changes will make getting relics/gear for my friends a whole lot easier. I'm hoping by them saying that "reservations will no longer be required," that they're just meaning that the zone will be instanced much like Salvage or a BCNM fight.
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Player
    I strongly dislike the new dynamis plans. Dynamis is just fine the way it is... except for the rarity of people who still do it. Maybe just add some new form of drops, such as lvl 95 magian trial upgrade items, to encourage a more diverse showing of people for dynamis.

Please don't make dynamis like abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Sukasaroth
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

this

Quote Originally Posted by Qtipus View Post
    If it's free-roaming like Walk of Echoes is currently, no thanks. Still needs to be instanced and limited to one group per instance.

I'm guessing the trigger NMs will revolve around Attestation and Fragment NMs. Also likely signals the ability to upgrade AF2 or AF2+1 via synergy. Lastly, I hope this finally drops coin prices. Being able to enter on a daily basis to hammer out a relic would be fantastic.
    This is the truth.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5