Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

next level break

I know this has been mentioned before and i even mentioned before but since new director around why not revive it.

I think SE should look into allowing lvl 100 for players but only allow it for 1-2 jobs to make it that people can specialize in that job. Give the job either the option for 2paths on it like light and darkness or even go overboard (nothing wrong with that) and make it 8 paths for all elements. Then you can change the job of the player from like blackmage to thundermage which would increase lightning attacks and even give special lightning based magic attacks. For melee style jobs change thief to assassin or spy depending on their path.

I personally would think this would add a great deal to the game by not only providing plays with a way to show their love for certain jobs but kinda cheat on SE's side by allowing it to some sense be new advance jobs on their own.
    (3)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Didn't they not go to 100 because of something like the game had issues showing three digits or something?
    (0)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    Didn't they not go to 100 because of something like the game had issues showing three digits or something?
    not sure, they can do it with crafting levels so why not job levels.
    (1)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    That's pretty much it. The game is coded to support up to level 255 at least due to programming numbers.

I don't think it was a legit reason just the best they could think of at the time because if they did give us access to 255 they'd have to reprogram the monster coding as I'm fairly certain they also cap at 255.

Attack goes into 4 digits now and it overlaps the word in the equip window so really the ascetic excuse goes out the window there.

That said I'd rather have them fine tune and fix issues with jobs over just letting us get higher levels.
    (7)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    I know this has been mentioned before and i even mentioned before but since new director around why not revive it.

I think SE should look into allowing lvl 100 for players but only allow it for 1-2 jobs to make it that people can specialize in that job. Give the job either the option for 2paths on it like light and darkness or even go overboard (nothing wrong with that) and make it 8 paths for all elements. Then you can change the job of the player from like blackmage to thundermage which would increase lightning attacks and even give special lightning based magic attacks. For melee style jobs change thief to assassin or spy depending on their path.

I personally would think this would add a great deal to the game by not only providing plays with a way to show their love for certain jobs but kinda cheat on SE's side by allowing it to some sense be new advance jobs on their own.
    It's not WOW, It's Final Fantasy........ Job limitation? more than what we already have for events...
    (0)

to make it that people can specialize in that job
    NO! This is what we're trying to get away from, don't move backwards. This is a game that gives you the freedom to level any job. Adding "specializing", which in reality is limitation, is terrible design on the system.

SE had a vote on these forums for whether people wanted lv 99 or lv 100, obviously 99 won. There's no point to ever increasing cap again. We can crush 95% of content at this level and await SoA to bring a challenge.
    (11)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, level 99 is a good place to stop.

If you want to show how much you love a job, there's Mythics.
    (11)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

I think SE should look into allowing lvl 100 for players
    Sounds like fun.

but only allow it for 1-2 jobs to make it that people can specialize in that job.
    And now you lost me. Stick with the first part. Keep it simple and keep people's options open. Leave out the limits and the elemental path stuff, and you got my vote.
    (5)

They had a huge thread about the topic, and they said since players were more concerned with what the extra level on sj would cause (a lot of job traits gain a new tier/become available and abilities like composure are available at 50) they would not make the cap 100.
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Player
    I'd assume more then anything there are jobs when used as sub at 50 would afford new capabilities?
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast