Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So I was thinking about RDM and thought maybe they should put Chainspell on a 5-10 min cool down timer and give RDM a new 2hr (1hr) ability that lets them pick what job ability they want to activate. It could be something they set like how BLU sets there spells or something that brings up a sub menu like DNC job ability's. RDM should also get an A rating in sword skill and B rating in both Elemental magic and Healing magic and maybe give them access to Cure V along with a Job trait that would allow them to attack faster when meleeing. I think this would put RDM at the same level as a SCH or WHM while at the same time give them a melee option.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thegreatmonkey; 01-19-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    ^Lol. I've seen this before.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Things to fix RDM.

Enhancing and Enfeebling Skill level now affects potency of all enhancing and enfeebling magics. (Making RDM the best overall magic buffer/debuffer).

Added back onto light armor melee sets with DNC THF BLU and the other usual suspects.

Enspell II's adjusted for utility, remove the -MEVA and add an Elemental Debuff like stat modifier (-1 STR for each successive swing. Or allow for specific enspell to increase affinity for that spell on each consecutive swing. IE. a fully charged affinity allows a sword to imitate the bonus damage of a staff.

Adjust the enfeebles Paralyze, Slow to impact mob TP. Paralyze can trigger on TP moves, Slow reduces a mobs TP gain rate. Restructure Gravity so the -EVA sticks even if weight is resisted. All T2 Merit spells become scrolls.

New T2 merits that allow a RDM to fine tune their positions, enhanced enfeebling effects, enhanced enhancements, enhanced nuking, enhanced healing, enhanced melee, enhanced defense.

Allow RDM Access to EX WS's on both Dagger and Sword.

Put RDM back on damaging daggers.

Add Occult Accumen to RDM.

Give RDM a Souleater like melee buff, that consumes MP instead of HP.

Restructure enfeeble enimty tables so RDM can act as a tank once again. (BLM no longer requires the reduction as they have enmity douse and mana wall as defensive options if they pull hate.)
    (7)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Shumo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Why not give RDMs the ability to combine 2 spells into one? You know, like alchemy in some of the older games, but for magic. Doesn't mean that every spell combination would be viable but would at least let RDM dabble in something not only unique but useful as well. That of course would mean working on a completely new spell repertoire only for RDM, but at least there would already be a visible scope on possible spell results since they're based on actual spells that have been around for years. I see this as something very, very unlikely but felt like throwing it out there, anyway.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Double cast - combine two spells that match SC properties for Fusion, Fragmentation, Distortion, or Gravitation and set yourself up for Skill chain and magic burst. Use Dia and Bio for Fusion and Gravitation. 3 Minute timer.

RDM helps to maximize magical damage for the party by having easy access to MBs for other mages. You can create Dark and Light SCs with Death Blossom, so it's not even a matter of having to get Requiescat or an Excalibur for Gravitation or Fusion.

Fun tip: RDM with an Excalibur can open and close every Light and Dark SC, because they have access to every level 2 SC property.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

please read the posts on RDM new IDEAS by shantaru and the reply to rdm and haste II

i posted what i think on RDM and haste II (i made a reply to thread)
    and also i posted 2 new JA ideas that are not at all stupid to consider. and it based on the current enhancing magic skill method that rdm is known for (500 cap) . check it out and reply pls i want input on if this would work (it basically giving the rdm a decent ability to boost the party but not at all as much as COR and BRD do to imcrease partys stats since BRD or COR will still be in party. i know AOE is not a rdm thing as main but SE need consider the FIX to rdm may require this aoe JA for attack up based on enhancing gear equiped. the 2 new JA i posted on RDM new ideas and the reply to RDM and HASTE II. also some little thought into a few spells needed beside haste II (dispelga perhaps 2 buff removed minimum 1 cast and se seems to think dia III is pretty good but DIA IV may be needed to revive RDM. let me know i have been RDM from day 1 and decaying daily. SE please help us out
    (0)
    Last edited by shantaru; 02-26-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

RDM/NIN is the future! with BRD in chapter #1 SKCbcnm 119+ i parsed 70k in 12 min

Quote Originally Posted by Emitremmus View Post
    My ideas were merely suggestions. The only thing I don't like seeing any of you say is that you don't expect something to happen. At this point with a new expansion coming out that everyone was CERTAIN couldn't happen, I would say anything is possible anymore.

I agree that our main focus has always been enfeebling, and that is where our strength should lie. But at this point, being able to enfeeble an NM is going to make or break the battle. Being able to have a higher tier slow/para/blind/etc. is going to make things too easy, whereas the slot a RDM would take up could be filled with Resolution to further destroy the enemy.

When RDM gets "fixed", I think we will see a huge focus on the melee and enspell side of things. Back in the day they added Composure to address this slightly. Perhaps a new JA that takes the focus off of casting and enhances the swordplay abilities of RDM, while adding penalties to spells.
    yes RDM/NIN is still broke but MAXed out i show laksmi server that i can still DD and ALOT MORE with cap fascast shadow -10% neck on all they could say was OK... im tossing hate on the rdm HAHA. fix rdm main SE and it on like a BIG DONG! you know? my WS acc is 920+ with soul +1. where close SE but read my posts where still seen as week and not WANTED... all want to battle through it so help RDM enter the ARENA again and IT BE THE MOST FUN ONCE DEVELOPED ALMOST ever! RDM/nin with cap Fascast and -10% neck on. try it out im running shadows all say long no cast lock. all we need know it faster sword JOB specific weapons need added to game anyway at 119. NIN katana so fast. give rdm a faster weapon to rock n roll finally. 1 faster JSPEC weapon with ecaliber or almace whatever be on like a big dong! i cant wait to see rdm fixed and from my post and what is needed to even compete with cor or brd with only 1 in the party and a RDM going melee and heal/enfeeble if needed it will take something simular to the JA ideas i posted and haste II single targeted still. aoe the gain spells not stacking with like boost from whm be fine and dandy!! JA DUELaga aoe attack to party memebers in effect even 10% be something with gains/or TEMPER chance rate on Double attack aoe'd be much desired even based on ehancing magic equiped to be poper RDM form and under composure last 2.5 min max on a 5 min timer. IT BE PROPER and server would accept usi f haste II from RDM on melees and on RDM/nin could then PARSE damage properly. im close but some jobs but still it not proper DAMage as it should be to fill a spot in a DAMAGE THROUGH IT SETUP as all new contetnt 6mans seem to be. tweek RDM!!!! SE read my posts
    (0)
    Last edited by shantaru; 03-01-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4