Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Onimenokyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Final Fantasy XI PS3 Version

I know this isn't a new concept, but i figure we should keep complaining about it. I would really like to see XI released on the PS3. Release it at a higher resolution and with trophy support. If you wanted to be really crafty you could call it Final Fantasy Xi HD, as it would be set at a higher res than the ps2 version. As much as I would prefer a disc release, even a PSN release would be nice and it would save Square on distribution costs. Never doubt the obsessive nature of trophy hunters, you will add some long term customers.
    (26)

Player
    Doubt it will happen sadly. No matter what they add, the game is going to die in the next year or 2 I think. 14 will take some players, bad content will make others leave, and the devs turning down nearly every idea brought by the player base, will insult even more to the point of leaving. Besides that, adding new players seems unlikely as many threads popping up keep saying, this game & its community aren't very noob friendly.
    (4)

Character
    Shikaidaio
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Doubt it will happen sadly. No matter what they add, the game is going to die in the next year or 2 I think. 14 will take some players, bad content will make others leave, and the devs turning down nearly every idea brought by the player base, will insult even more to the point of leaving. Besides that, adding new players seems unlikely as many threads popping up keep saying, this game & its community aren't very noob friendly.
    XI has been "going to die next year" for a decade now. Its been said when the game was released, when Zilart was released, when CoP was release, etc. It doesn't make any sense to hold of on any ideas just because of the possibility that the servers may shutdown in the future. Rather it would make more sense to try to get more players on board. Which will likely already happen due to the release of Adoulin early next year. I would very much be interested in a PS3 port.
    (23)

Character
    Leonien
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    I'd buy it. Playing on a next gen console rather than an out of date console tech. And the trophy system would be another incentive to buy. Inb4 PlayOnPCNubs. I have plenty of friends who are obessive about trophys, its what makes the challenge, something to accomplish rather than going day in day out doing voidwatch or whichever event line is going on.
    I would have to agree with shikdaidaio aswell. People been saying that for ages and what.. oh... a new expansion coming out next spring.Yep.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Onimeonokyo View Post
    Never doubt the obsessive nature of trophy hunters, you will add some long term customers.
    Lol, no. That's not how trophy hunters work.

Trophy hunters get the games where you get the most trophies for the least amount of effort. That doesn't exactly sound like FF11.
    (2)

Player
    Idk, look at achievements for Xbox, alot of them are just "Level blah job to 75" which is 20 easy ones by themselves.

As for the game dying, everyone says it about every game, that it will die eventually, I say it simply because I think that I will quit by then, and most people with my mind set will probably leave as well, not to mention the "hardcore" players supposedly took a hit from Abyssea, and now the "casual" players it brought, are going to leave because of new content takes to much time to get rewards. This is simply what I think, then again we players never quit, we take breaks, somehow this hamster wheel keeps pulling us back to run on it...
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If it were up to the players it'd never die. But I've always had a fear in the back of my mind of what SE thinks is the sub threshold of FFXI not being worth the hassle anymore. FFXI's biggest strength and weakness is that it's created and ran by SE.
    (6)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With XIV on the horizon for PS3, I can't imagine them doing this. It's got enough of an uphill climb already with its disastrous reputation. They're not going to confuse and saturate the market with a new version of its predecessor.

Besides, I imagine a true HD FFXI would take a heck of a lot of work and money. Whatever they did would have to meet Sony's requirements. I don't think a simple resolution bump would do that.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Never say never but at this point in the games lifespan, it seems highly unlikely. It's not cost effective at the moment. SoA will have to bring the FFXI team's "A" game or it will likely be the last full expansion this game gets, period. It has to accomplish 2 things, retain existing players, and bring in those who have lapsed subs and new players. If that doesn't happen, We will get more of what we are getting now, til the subscriber base or the RoI doesn't match up to where SE wants it at.
    (0)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Lets hope SoA dose not take 4 years to complete. Oh wait, I'm a PS user so I don't care.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast