Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dual-wield for cor

Consider it! It would make perfect sense for the lore of the job, and wouldn't be too overpowering. I think it should be awarded to cor @ level 49.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Sure and then they can give one handed weapons that are more useful than Staves.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    How exactly does Dual Wield tie into the lore of the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Sure and then they can give one handed weapons that are more useful than Staves.
    Like Nguul or Acinaces when subbing /WAR for Fencer bonus?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zagen; 10-20-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Don't see many pirates out there dual weilding and I don't see anything in the FFXI lore for it. If you wanna dual weild sub /NIN or /DNC, they're both acceptable subjobs for a COR as they come with other benefits, though obviously people prefer COR for buffs and WS's making /SAM useful, but I'm all for people adopting their own play styles.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Dual-Wield a Sword or dagger in main-hand, and a hook for off-hand is the only thing that would "tie in with the lore of the job".
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saefinn View Post
    Don't see many pirates out there dual weilding and I don't see anything in the FFXI lore for it. If you wanna dual weild sub /NIN or /DNC, they're both acceptable subjobs for a COR as they come with other benefits, though obviously people prefer COR for buffs and WS's making /SAM useful, but I'm all for people adopting their own play styles.
    Prince Luzaf in FFXI DW a dagger and a sword if I remember correctly.

Giving COR innate DW may open up different SJ choice for melee WS/TP. Such as ability to /WAR and still able to do melee WS/TP. Atm if you want to play COR like a 1h melee job, you have to /NIN or DNC, and will do much less dmg than other 1h melee job with innate DW such as BLU/WAR DNC/WAR etc since they can /WAR, on top of having better weapons and job trait for melee.

There are also little practical use for melee COR/WAR due to lack of good melee weapons and good melee Job trait. A melee COR will be slightly weaker than other 1h melee job such as DNC BLU NIN or even THF. Most of the time if I'm meleeing and using dagger WS, I'm either fighting EP/DC mobs or lower tier VW, and benefiting pt member with haste samba/waltz. It opens up a new play style with /WAR, but since it's a support role job it probably still benefits the most from /DNC.

Although innate DW and playing it like a melee job when you don't need /DNC haste samba/waltz is cool and all, it probably won't be anything that's very beneficial.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-23-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    How exactly does Dual Wield tie into the lore of the job?

Like Nguul or Acinaces when subbing /WAR for Fencer bonus?
    fencer bonus in a dual wield thread?
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    fencer bonus in a dual wield thread?
    COR excels in events where it isn't able to be up in the face of a monster meleeing. Considering there isn't any dagger combo that trumps Nguul or Acinaces and fencer bonus or the benefits of elemental staves, why would we want DW?
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    COR excels in events where it isn't able to be up in the face of a monster meleeing. Considering there isn't any dagger combo that trumps Nguul or Acinaces and fencer bonus or the benefits of elemental staves, why would we want DW?
    Now that I think about it, getting DW with /WAR may potentially allow better last stand spam in capped haste situations, with extra offhand DPS, more STR or AGI, and faster TP gain than shooting. It could open up some more room to push more output in some situation.

This job isn't as DW reliant as DNC or BLU or THF though.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Now that I think about it, getting DW with /WAR may potentially allow better last stand spam in capped haste situations, with extra offhand DPS, more STR or AGI, and faster TP gain than shooting. It could open up some more room to push more output in some situation.

This job isn't as DW reliant as DNC or BLU or THF though.
    The only situations (that I can think of at least) where you'd be pushing out a lot more TP meleeing than shooting/qd/regaining to offset the lower WS damage would be situations where a COR isn't really needed.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast