Thread: Material Girl?

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Material Girl?

As I do more crafting than anything else in the game due to party size limitations restriction on events cough* I am baffled that endgame events drop more ores for synthesis than if I were to go out and mine them myself. I nor any crafter should not forced to camp the AH for mats that I would much rather farm myself. I really think it is time for mining and other activities to be adjusted in all the areas that such actions are rarely performed (gee I wonder why) I urge everyone who agrees to press the "Like" button so it will be obvious to the devs that this seriously needs attention.
    (17)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Adjustment IS coming with Seekers of Adoulin. I think gathering resources is part of the package, getting a dedicated gameplay element rather then the occasional ??? that's being botted from the other side of the wall...
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

They can beg and they can plead
    But they can't see the light, that's right
    'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
    Is always Mister Right, 'cause we are

Living in a material world
    And I am a material girl
    You know that we are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl
    (2)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Adjustment IS coming with Seekers of Adoulin. I think gathering resources is part of the package, getting a dedicated gameplay element rather then the occasional ??? that's being botted from the other side of the wall...
    Too bad that will be jp onry for PS users which I am not one of.
    Logic would imply that a business would try to find ways to keep and add people to their product not run them off, maybe its time to quit for good this time.
    (0)
    Last edited by deces; 10-04-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Too bad that will be jp onry for PS users which I am not one of.
    Logic would imply that a business would try to find ways to keep and add people to their product not run them off, maybe its time to quit for good this time.
    No, it would not. Given the low and dwindling number of NA PS2 players, it's cheaper to coax them into the PC version.
    JP still get their discs because their share is simply too big to ignore a discontinued gamesystem.

And who knows.. maybe someone will have hacked up the JP version of the game by then, so you can play on NA systems.
    (1)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The monthly subscription fee from retained users alone would be worth the 1 hour it would take SE to make a download version.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    The monthly subscription fee from retained users alone would be worth the 1 hour it would take SE to make a download version.
    If it only took a single hour, SE wouldn't have excluded NA. I suspect this install is too big for DL because they are reworking the entire file structure of FFXI to make it fit on a PS2, and that amount of disc space is not available when you download it.

If it is worth it to SE to retain NA PS2 users, they would do it.
    (0)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You do realize we are talking about Sqare Enix do you, when has anything they have done implied a sense of logic?
    This thread is about Mining and other such activities and the beyond lack luster results in part of doing them. SOA could be a year away still for your supposed "fix" idea. the current rewards for such activities are a joke, when I tell people about this game I tell them how much time I spend in front of the AH waiting for one ore to be listed on the AH for the who server and prey that I log in in time to get it. Do you understand there is a problem Kristal, or are you just HCT?
    (0)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's simple. HELMing is fundamentally broken, so SE is simply bypassing it by giving better rewards elsewhere. Complaining about getting worse synthesis item results from mining than from endgame is like complaining about getting worse gear from the evolith system than from endgame.

And when I say "fundamentally broken", I mean that literally every single thing about the design is just plain awful. The incredible monotony, the complete non-interaction, the (utter lack of) progression, the skewed reward distribution, the extreme hackability and bottability of the system, the way that it emphasizes the most boring and simplistically designed element of the game (moving over static terrain). Just everything. HELMing has multiple excellent reasons for being dead, let it rot.
    (1)