Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Enhancing skillup is the reason I spent time leveling up my NPC. Still a terrible solution though, as leveling up your NPC isn't exactly done in an evening.
    spam barspells, In 24 hours you should be near cap with anything. I fell asleep capping mine.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

I find barspells to be about 10% as fast as what I am doing now, so no thanks.

Maybe if I was bot-skilling, but I'm not going to do that.

Of course, leveling the NPC takes some time too, but at least there is a chance she'll be maginally useful if they choose to buff them in the future.
    (3)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I find barspells to be about 10% as fast as what I am doing now, so no thanks.

Maybe if I was bot-skilling, but I'm not going to do that.

Of course, leveling the NPC takes some time too, but at least there is a chance she'll be maginally useful if they choose to buff them in the future.
    You did ask for suggestions. Anyway, this was how I capped all my enhancing magic on multiple characters (without foods) well before others a day or two after the caps where raised on RDM or WHM/RDM. So how are you doing it 90% faster? I would assume that yours would be capped already if it's 90% faster then the spamming barspells. In my case it took under 24 hours of spamming to cap enhancing using these methods. If your method is 90% faster then yours would be capped 9 times faster then me in somewhere around 2 1/2 hours.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 12-11-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

You said "near cap in 24 hours" not "at cap in less than 24 hours".

You also say this was before caps were raised, which means you needed a lot fewer skillups to reach the cap. We're also lacking important information such as how far from the cap you were back then when you started skilling it up.

While it is clearly eyeballing, I needed to cast a lot more spells per skillup with barspells than I had to with my current method. I do however have statistics for my current method, as i kept track of the number of cast and amount of skillups, so I can start barspells for about 100 casts to get an indication of its skillup rates.

-edit- 100 is too low a sample size, I'll triple that, for now.

After 267 casts, i got 1.5 skill. That's 0.00561% skill per barspell cast. After 1104 Protect 1 casts on my Lv92 NPC, I had gained 39 skill (didn't note down decimals, sorry), which gives me an approximate average skillup rate of 0.035% per cast.

So far, it looks like casting on my NPC is about 7 times faster. I'll gather some more data later, if you don't think this is sufficient, but it already shows a clear difference between the two.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-11-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

You also say this was before caps were raised, which means you needed a lot fewer skillups to reach the cap. We're also lacking important information such as how far from the cap you were back then when you started skilling it up.

While it is clearly eyeballing, I needed to cast a lot more spells per skillup with barspells than I had to with my current method. I do however have statistics for my current method, as i kept track of the number of cast and amount of skillups, so I can start barspells for about 100 casts to get an indication of its skillup rates.

After 267 casts, i got 1.5 skill. That's 0.00561% skill per barspell cast. After 1104 Protect 1 casts on my Lv92 NPC, I had gained 39 skill (didn't note down decimals, sorry), which gives me an approximate average skillup rate of 0.035% per cast.

So far, it looks like casting on my NPC is about 7 times faster. I'll gather some more data later, if you don't think this is sufficient, but it already shows a clear difference between the two.
    Near cap with anything. I did say that but my base was if starting at incredibly low skills. My second response mentioned that I capped everything right after the level increases.

Maybe I just got lucky skilling up because I capped skills a lot faster then your testing then again I capped healing afterwards spamming cure 1. Oh yea I also used a 2nd character. :P
    (0)

Well, I didn't exactly cast with as low delay as theoretically possible possible, and I wasn't 100% perfect with restarting my 6-cast macro each time it finished.
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Casting spells on others raises skills faster than only casting spells on self; this was stated eons ago. However, it is usually easier for players to spam buffs on themselves because they do it solo in/out of town, not with other characters floating around doing nothing; or don't have a companion.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Casting spells on others is only faster if that other is an NPC.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2