Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Pet Command - Muster

Pet Command
    "Muster"
    Level 50
    DRG

Description: Increases Attack, Attack Speed and Accuracy of Wyvern but inhibits breaths.

This would allow our wyvern to deal higher combat damage in situations where the target is highly immune to breath-type damage(read: almost any NM endgame for level 99 players.) In endgame fights, Wyverns hit around 50-65 damage but Breaths deal about 15-20 damage due to the amazingly potent breath resistance that these NMs gain. Since the DRG is constantly using WS, the Wyvern is actually doing weaker damage over time by spamming its breath attack after each WS than if it simply just used melee attacks. I propose this pet command to restrict AUTOMATIC breaths(i.e this includes Healing,Elemental and Remove breaths that are triggered from using a spell or WS but DOES NOT include breaths activated from using Smiting Breath/Restoring Breath). In essence this JA would allow the DRG to completely control when a Wyvern uses breaths either automatically without the JA active, or not at all when it is active.

Once the DRG restricts the Wyvern from activating breaths, the wyvern will attack faster, for more damage and more accurately as well. Additionally this would let the Dragoon use Spirit Link more offensively since an oft forgotten attribute of this ability is that it transfers 50% of the Wyvern's TP to the Dragoon. Up until now this attribute of Spirit Link is ignored by every DRG because whenever we WS the Wyvern spends its TP on a terribly weak breath whereas we could save it for another WS with a Spirit Link transfer of TP during a hard fight.

tl;dr

Give a pet command to increase wyvern attack/haste/acc and restrict automatic Wyvern breaths(breaths that involuntarily activate on WS or when a spell is cast) so we can use spirit link to sap Wyvern TP during hard fights to increase our damage during fights where breath damage is LAUGHABLY worthless(read:almost always)
    (82)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 10-02-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Player
    This is why we can't have nice things because people don't vote with likes or comments. Goto the JP boards and people will give ideas they think are good 100-200+ likes which are usually the threads that the devs read and implement. So far none of the ideas NA comment on are ever implemented(because people don't show with likes, seriously the only time the NA team comments is when there's a post in JP which they translate and then post on a NA thread that most closely resembles the OP thread from the JP forums, and if there isn't a similar post on the NA side, they make a new thread and post this 'new information'.)
    (6)

Noone seems to read the job boards until they either get a dev response, or make it onto the 'current topics' or whatever it's called above the dev comments on the main page. Though you did get 6 likes already, I didn't feel anything needed to be added to your idea.

Unfortunately, it's catch 22. We don't get responses to our ideas, so people stop posting ideas, and stop commenting on and liking other people's ideas. So we get even less success leading to even fewer posters and so on and so on.
    (2)

Player
    I like this idea and so do a bunch of aging Chinese-Americans!

(8)

Up to 9... next 'like' gets to make it double-figures!
    (0)

Here's your 10th like. You're welcome!
    (0)

Good job Mirage, May Altana shine on you, or something. And an 11th from someone arrived too^^
    (0)

There clearly just aren't enough people logging into the english forums. It would be nice if Camate or Okiput could translate this idea to JP and stick it on the other forums and see how it goes down there.
    (0)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Agreed with this. By Level 50, lorewise, your wyvern should be able to understand that there's a time for imitation and a time to vary one's attacks to achieve mutual victory.
    (1)

Player
    Dragoon's attack power was probably set lower than jobs like WAR/MNK/DRK/SAM since DRGs have a pet that on paper, is supposed to make up for that low attack power. For example, on a Decent Challenege mob, I can hit for 280-340 per hit and my Wyvern hits for 80-110, it's like a little flying Enspell kind of. I can Stardiver for 2.5-3k and my Wyvern will do a 380 damage breath after and a DRK can do a 3.3kish Resolution so in the end, we're not too far apart. But when you make the target an NM and up the level,so it's 115-120ish, the Resolution will still do 2-3.5k depending on buffs but Stardiver is still only doing 1.5-2k, and the Wyvern will be hitting for 40-60 and Breaths don't do 380 like before, but now do 20-30, reduced by 90%.
    (8)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast